Posts by Exorcism

This thread is complete mess.

Although I'd like to reiterate some points made throughout the discussion;

~> DEX in build is useless the vast majority of the time, except in some PvP scenarios. In PvE, you have access to aim scrolls and DEX pots, which even if you have terrible gears, will provide you with enough aim to never miss (Yes, even on a gladiator).

~> The raw DMG you receive from STR in build is multiplicative. (The 198 raw damage you have from 165 points in STR begins as RAW damage, why would it suddenly transform to non-raw damage upon being multiplied? Seems illogical to me).

~> Yes SPR can be useful in build if you're on a budget and cannot afford to use a lot of sc.

~> Someone suggested DEX/SPR build for mages? This is insanity. As stated above, SPR may be useful depending on your individual situation. However DEX in a mage build, be it wizard or warlock is utterly useless. Firstly, wizard's have higher aim on staves (almost 300 more on SK staff compared to SK wand), this accompanied by having okay aim on gears (not to mention scrolls/pots) you're never going to miss in PvE. Secondly, warlock's have an insane aim due to their passive. My 135 warlock has 6.5k aim at cap without ANY sc other than a weapon skin.

Feel free to let me know if there were any *other* dumb points made, or curiosities anyone may have which you would like addressed.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Sparkle Wings (Permanent)
    Emerald Flame Aura (Permanent)
    Ice and Storm Minimurus (Permanent)
    Traditional Black Kimono Top, Bottom, Slippers (Permanent)
    Traditional Kimono Set III (Permanent)
    Elderine Wings (Permanent)
    Black/Onyx Crown (Permanent)
    Pyramid House (Permanent)
    Red/Black Sensei Suit (Permanent)
    Arctic Fox Ears (Permanent)
    Nightmare Costume (Permanent)
    Plague Doctor Mask (Permanent)
    Bat Wings (Permanent)
    Baphomet Helm (Permanent)

Bat Wings (Permanent)

Also, on the guilds drop distribution. Just because they list rules and systems does not mean they follow it. I have seen some "popular" guilds who have these point systems where the points "magically reset" or points get added to admins favorites only. It's corruption and you do not know until you have been there for awhile. Plus people usually have more than 1 character, I have seen more people who put a character in every guild to try and take advantage of every set up. Just because they stay does not mean they like it. It could be perhaps they just have not found a better set up.

Like I said, the rules are clear for the whole guild to see in every big farming/raiding guild and it's easy to tell if they're being followed or not. I'd love to know which popular guilds and specifically what issues were encountered. Seems like something that people should know if such a thing is occurring.

As for having multiple characters in multiple guilds, what exactly is the problem with that? If I have 4 chars in 4 different guilds, and I decide to farm separately with each guild under their own rules, I have every right to and that isn't wrong by any means.

If people stay in a situation where they know that they aren't getting any benefit, then that's their choice.. A stupid one obviously, but it is their choice.

I feel like most of you really just need to find a better guild/group of friends.

Although I can't speak in certainty for every single guild that raids or farms any instance or world boss, I do know that the majority of them all have fair loot distribution systems. For the most part, these distribution rules/systems are also completely transparent and available for guild members to view at any time. So as long as you don't have a single-digit IQ, it's quite clear to figure out whether or not the procedures set out are followed.

Also, If their systems weren't fair, why would people stay in the guild? That's totally illogical.

Bat Wings (Permanent)

This is actually a good idea.
    The vast majority of people who go to Malephar and Helga Hardcore raids are there for the chance to get their respective jewelry drops (Especially 110 earrings, being such a highly desired item).

Having the drops changed to something like this would deter the leechers who now know they have no chance to get the more desired items (jewels). The few that remain will be forced to be happy with just normal ML gear drops.

It would also encourage more DDs to go to Hardcore raids, since they will now be rewarded for their efforts. After all how many times do you see only one or two DDs left attacking at ML Hardcore, just so 99% of people at the raid can spread out and get ready for the chests to spawn?

The main criticism that everyone seems to have about this suggestion is 'This only benefits the DDs, no one else will get drops'.
    I feel like the people making these criticisms have no idea how organised and fair farming world bosses can be with the right group of people. If you have had bad experiences then you need to look elsewhere, plain and simple.

What's the worst case scenario? A party of 5 glads show up and out-damage everyone else and win the drops.. In that case, they deserve it.

Bat Wings (Permanent)

Bat Wings (Permanent)

Bat Wings (Permanent)

Sparkle Wings (Permanent)Emerald Flame Aura (Permanent)
    Bat Wings (Permanent)

Bat Wings (Permanent)