While gifting for services in game, and for in game items and currency is an "at your own risk" ordeal...it was at one time, against the rules and people could suffer a temporary ban for it...
Getting caught will still result in some form of punishment being applied.
There are a variety of problems with scam reports:
- Insufficient Evidence
- Pure Accusation with no Evidence
- Under the table transaction that endangers the reporter and prevents them from reporting or use of 3rd party services unrelated to Gamigo
- Players unwillingly to make a report
No matter what happens, whether past, present or future. If you choose to engage with a form of trade involving real life currency, gifting or pay for service (power leveling or dungeon clearing) then you do so at your own risk knowing full well you've signed the Terms of Services and agreed to the ingame rules and Terms.
Each case will be judge by a case by case scenario and will be dealt with in accordance to the rules.
Naturally there are some preventive measures:
- Be wary of suspicious links and emails
- Double check the forums, news and Discord for any sales or deals on
- Don't just take any random code or links off strangers
- Be wary of imposters impersonating your friends
- Trust your own instinct and gut and cancel the trade or pass on the offer if the deal seems dodgy
- Avoid sketchy websites and installing 3rd party software from an illegitimate source as you never know what is hidden within it
- Don't share your Login ID or PW, GM's and members of staff will NEVER request this information and other than yourself, no one else should know your login details.