Have any of you ever transferred a large data base from one server to another? Similar files, similar applications, unique data that could become corrupt if precautionary measures aren't taken...etc.
That is all that this is.
Names - Wiped. Everyone starts over with naming, again. We all end up with a -<name> and go from there.
--Premium Inventory and Items - REMOVED FROM CHARACTERS and PUT BACK IN premium inventory (will take time to create a segment of code for this, but its possible)
Friends List - Wiped.
Block List - Wiped.
Inventory and Account Storage - CLEAN IT OUT! PUT ALL YOUR G's in your storage and SCREEN SHOT IT!
Rewards Inventory - CLEAN IN OUT! or it gets wiped.
Premium Inventory - Unique, tied to our Account Name. Should be 99.8% safe.
Guilds - WIPED! Take what you want, store it on your character.
Marriage Buffs and Monarch - WIPED! Wedding Apps to every ACTIVE character.
Precisely! I screenshot and noted down everything and followed the instructions to a T and that's how my account came out unharmed/unchanged.
I remember Soda, Bottles, Kobal and even Kuroneko mentioning that items and accounts shouldn't be missing anything and that even if there were, there were a lot of false cases or something? I don't blame people trying to scam support for some stuff, but at the same time that just made support impossible and a month after Merge, they stopped taking recovery request.
On top of that you have the whole issue with OutSpark to Gamigo transfer! The Community Manager and Current GM's don't even have a solution or advice to that anymore! Just, send a ticket and hope for the best... most of the current staff except for old timers like Kobal and Kuroneko who are still in this company, don't even have a cluse as to what went down! Not to mention neither of them even have a large say in the matter since Kobal just an Art Director and Kuroneko is just a GM who doesn't really have much power in final says.
Few years ago with the EU transfer, the Support staff were so incompetent they TOTALLY forgot that there was an NA Merge! They were confusing multiple MAJOR events since 2014 and therefore, they were inadequete in providing proper support!
Major events thus far that are still ON GOING ISSUES
- OutSpark to Gamigo Transfer - Not all accounts have been transfer and it wasn't an automatic process. You have to manually transfer it yourself by logging in your OS account details and designating the Gamigo account you want to connect with! Problem here is that, I don't even know if that is even possible anymore...
- Original Merge - This left people with characters stranded on other servers and items scattered or reportedly missing. TO CLARIFY!!! You can only have 12 characters, 6 on Isya, 6 on Pagel and if you have 6 extra, they go to Jenira and Character 19 onwards (because we had 6 servers and this was a concern I brought up in the original mega thread) would go onto an OVERFLOW ACCOUNT. Enid was a stupid move, whether staff can admit it or not, that is totally up to them to argue about internally, but releasing a new server on day one literally killed Jenira. No one wanted to play on it because it became a subconscious census that Jenira was a dumpster server for overflow characters.
- Password Reset - This incident from 3 to 4 years ago where the game was suffering attempted data breaches and DDoS attack left Gamigo with no choice but to reset all accounts. Those of us returning to this game are met with a nasty surprise and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to manually reset/reclaim an account that has been blocked by Password Reset. Sometimes Support can be SO dumb and it feels like you have to ask someone like Kuroneko on Discord, who then has to literally instruct you on what you have to write before you can even get support to help with account recovery, because they assume it is account scam when you're just a normal returning player who missed Password Reset.
- EU EN Server Closure - HA! This was a joke... not sure how many people remembered but on the very first they, they've announced it... Gamigo was going to offer a Transfer or a Merge. It was a clean shut down as if they don't care. Obviously with some common sense ranting from EU EN players, Gamigo dug up the transfer tool and gave it to EN players. Not sure how effective that was, but it was a limited time sale so those who missed it suffer permanent lost of character and items. Not to mention their other suggestion was for them to come over to NA... This was a dumb move and barely any of them remain because PREMIUM ITEMS DO NOT TRANSFER/ARE IN ACCESSIBLE ON NA!!! Fiesta NA belonged to OutSpark and has data from 2007 whilst EU is from 2009, they run on seperate servers and database, you CANNOT COPY AND PASTE This was TOTALLY the main reason why they screwed up the multi-client launcher update... NA's launcher was never designed for Multi-client and because (i'm guessing copy paste...) they copied EU it lead to the game breaking. Not to mention for a time, it seems that support HAD TOTALLY FORGOTTEN THAT NA HAD A MERGE AND KEPT THINKING ALL MERGE CASES WERE EU CASES!
- NEW Auto-Sort Algorithm - I'm pretty certain they've adjusted the algorithm for the auto sort if you missed merge and return... Enid was originally a clean server when no OLD CHARACTERS will go there. Logically Jenira is dead so no point forcing people there... I don't understand why they don't just put all returning players as is, onto Pagel? It seems you cannot be auto-sorted on Isya, most likely to prevent overpopulation. But it just seems so dumb sorting people into Enid of all places... Enid was a new server offering people a chance to restart and play from stratch with a CLEAN ECONOMY!!! If anything, the extra/Overflow characters that can't fit on Pagel, should have went to Jenira instead and then maybe Jenira could have revived or had a chance of reviving!
At the end of the day, there are too many issues for a current Merge to happen, none of these issues are fixed and I'm certain, if we stack new problems on top of existing issues whilst pretending that nothing of the sort has happened in the past, people are going to quit! Isya is bound to collapse on itself or the community gets dispersed for a Pseudo-fix... The original Merge was nothing more than a placebo fix to the dwindling population issue.
Also if you've read some of the comments in the Discord discussion, I'm pretty certain lowkey hints about testing for new features aren't exactly balanced... Looking and feeling how the game is played, you know it is not exactly balanced. They're testing the game with the most divine equipment and for two Cap rises now... they've literally botched and failed to make it barely playable. I don't even know if they people testing the patches are even regular players of this game!
They set the difficulty to the top tier players then make it even harder to the point where they have to nerf their patches! What a joke... a game is suppose to be fun, but unless you pay to play, you're not going to get far... if they eased up on it or actually crack down on pay to quest, pay to raid, pay to buy and basically PAY TO PLAY behaviour in this game, then perhaps we will get some normality?
Real Money Trade was brought up in the Discord about a month ago... it's illegal in the US, but it pertains to the use and behaviour of trading money for virtual goods within games and literally I feel like over half the aspect within the game, in order to play with others or to gear yourself up requires trading money for goods and services or offering said services to make money...