Posts by RyaikenDune

Empowered noob stun isn't really needed even for the best geared reapers. Reapers are fine the way they are tbh

Yup it's not, and even if it is, Wind/Blow Set exists. That doesn't make Reapers less good. Just because a class is bad in 1v1s doesn't mean it's bad in group PvP, where Reapers can pull important people out of heal range and dunk them, whereas Glads need to dash into the fray. Same with Specs, who do pretty decently in GT, since they can actually 1 shot people who'd be healed up/mpot up.

That doesn't mean those classes are balanced; they're kind of not.

Also if it does indeed matter to Devs how many people on this thread say Crus nerfs are bad - the Sunlight and Ascescion buffs should be reverted, and that Moonlight CD should be buffed, I'm in that camp.

I would actually say for Crus, that in ideal balance, maybe it should be something like:

Nerfs:

-Only one of Sunlight and Moonlight can be active at once. Each one cancels out the other.

-LP cost on heals post-prestige goes up 2x.

-Decrease LP post prestige.

-Probably increase CD on Lifeline.

Buffs/Changes:
    -Sunlight buffs Magic Damage and Mdef by X, cancels debuffs, next skill no cast time, regens LP etc.

-Moonlight buffs Physical damage and Def by X, adds a movespeed buff maybe, maybe regens HP etc.

-Advent dura up 1s and/or faster animation.

-Both Sunlight and Moonlight should have their ratios decreased from what they are (I believe 100%) to 60-70-80%.

-Both Sunlight and Moonlight should be in the same 20-30s range empowered, no set. Make sure that means it's like 30-40s unempowered -30% from empowering, or you will break the game.

-110 Tide Set should have 2 piece Sunlight CD, 3 Piece Sunlight Dura.

-For Moonlight change 135 gear to empower damage on whatever skills, not Moonlight CD/Dura,
    and put Moonlight Dura on that 85 Set along with Moonlight CD.

Explanation:

Fiesta PVP works with burst. If you are unable to burst someone through their bullshit 100% ext HP + stones + whatever Cleric heals, you ain't shit.

If Crusaders only have damage (basically they do, because Clerics do everything better, and their CC is terrible), they should do damage well, and at least

in a way that feels fun to play.

Usually balancing a class for real is actually pretty hard. Mages would need massive changes to feel fair for instance. But this was pretty easy, and I didn't need to change anything that even the dumbest private server dev couldn't do.

With this setup, a Crus actually loses burst somewhat, which is what people complain about when they complain about Moonlight,

but they gain more consistent DPS, since they can get into Sunlight to deal ranged damage, but only when they're sure someone can't pull/dash onto them, because that would mean they're stuck in Mdef mode, and Crus ranged damage is very limited. Plus making Sunlight a 'ranged mode', means there's more use in the sets that increase Light Blast damage etc.

Meanwhile, you'd have a strategy that involves exchanging windows with Glads during which either can kill the other instead of spending 50s tanking someone's shit just so you can get charged on when you Moonlight or smth.

Fiesta PvE works with DPS. You need to make rotations and stack (which Crus can only do with 1/3 of their skills) and stuff. This is the place, where Crusader

is actually pretty lackluster outside of damage/invince bubble. The setup I listed allows you to have pretty consistent rotations.

It's counterintuitive, but because with this idea, Sunlight and Moonlight durations overlap, but cancel eachother out, it's a huge PvE buff, and offers more options to Crusaders in group PvP, while only meaning Crusaders need to switch more in 1v1s. As it is anyway, no one really kills a decent capped Crusader in a 1v1, or at least they didn't pre-sunlight nerf. Switching between Sunlight/Moonlight and sets means more vulnerability, more chances to kill, and more chances for a Crus to kill the opponent.

My numbers are probably shit, but you get the idea. Trickster was released as a very well designed class whose cool-downs were all synchronized to produce an obvious playstyle. Let's be real, someone took the entire Crusader class off of a snapple-cap. The idea gives identity to the class, as switching between Sun and Moon forms to do different things: Sun stands at a distance, chips decently while healing up the damage it took with the LP buff. Moon gets in close but only does good physical damage, has some Def and regen left to tank however much of the stun/ice.

I mean ffs, they could even put cool heat-of-fire or aura-like animatioons on Moonlight and Sunlight to make the class look cooler.

One thing I don't understand - if there's stuff that can one-shot a s/s from range, how are glads staying alive in melee distance? How can they stay alive at 10% HP?

This was in older caps.

Helga had a 12-13m aoe skill that decreased your Def to the point that only with Male gears in the next cap could people survive it.

Karen in the 115 cap had a (iirc) 15m aoe skill that made you one shot your own team mates; you could dash out of it, but for a while sitting at 13.5m meant Sharps could just run back. They also were using Chimera bow attack speed at that point + the then newly added weapon sockets, and Karen had a way lower drop rate than any bosses previously, so the Karen axes that would let Glads out-damage sharps took a long, long while to drop.

I mostly mentioned these cases so you can understand how dominant Glads have always been. Mighty Vit and the Glad passive are broken.

I'm not looking for a way to beat glads in raids, I'm just looking for a way to be on par or at least close to glad's damage so classes other than glads get invited to raids, and not for buffs/debuffs but for dps

Spectre I'd say. But you still won't get anywhere near glad damage. Like I said earlier, play what you want, not what you think is best.

Ok in that case I phrased my conditions incorrectly and didn't account for Glad's passive, my bad.

What I'm trying to gauge is the damage difference between glads and other classes in a realistic raid scenario

Realistic meaning that, if you can keep Glads at 40% hp throughout the boss fight without them dying constantly (one or two deaths occasionally not counted), what would the damage difference be between:

- Glads at 40% HP, vs

- Rest of the other classes?

This is hard to explain but there's a lot of variables that go into raids.
    The only thing that's ever come close to Glad damage in the history of fiesta is:

-Sharps vs Helga in 105 cap. (Better in theory, worse in practice because everyone was bad.)

-Sharps vs Karen before enough SQ weaps had dropped. (Better in theory and in practice.)
    -Temps when they were bugged in the beginning.

-Specs when stacking was gone but after they had buffed Lethal Assault CD.

First two are because those bosses had ranged skills that could one-shot you/make you useless for 10s, and because they had high def.

Third is because of a bug that was funny.
    Fourth was like 4:5::Specs:Glads.

Fiesta will unfortunately never be a complicated game even though its engine could allow for interesting gameplay. Glads win raids by being Dr. Mundo at 10% HP and not being braindead.

The numbers you're actually looking for will just depress you. Just hang out in FBZ3 for a few weeks, whisper good players politely asking how their class works, and play the class you think looks fun. If you play the game trying to be hardcore, you're gonna break your bank account, your frontal lobe and your coccyx in that order.

I do get that, but that's because the Fireball skill damage tapers off. Judging by the damage at lower levels, they intend for it to be 3-4 times the damage of a Magic Blast, but they don't understand how damage is calculated.

Since at higher levels, the bulk of damage dealt comes from weapon damage, Fireball skill damage needs to ramp up through the skill tiers in proportion to +12 weapon damage and not according to some arbitrary multiplier.

I think it was definitely the intent for WLs to stop being Magic Blast machines. Even if it were only a 10% boost in DPS from incorporating Fireball into a rotation, that'd be sufficient to make the class feel less one dimensional.

Plus there is a competing set in 2 parts PvP 2 parts regular 110 WL set which is a 69% boost to Fireball overall (well not a competing set, since you'd set switch between Sun/135.)

At any rate however much truth there is to the ping thing (which, now that I think about it, it's probably true),

Magic Blast was nerfed in the first place and Fireball, Ice Blast and Lightning Blast were buffed, precisely so that Warlocks wouldn't be Magic Blast bots. And with 2 Piece Inferno, 2 Piece Throne (or half and half Throne and PvP Throne), putting Fireball in a good place can help the game be less one dimensional.

So please revert the kiting nerfs (even if they're only nerfs for everyone not on the West Coast), and look into buffing Fireball damage above 110.

Literally any staff, show me that you're reading and I'll go through step by step explanations of what I mean, including videos.

Don't you live in Dubai or smth tho

I dunno if these threads are ever read by Staff etc, but the last round of changes made to Ice Blast and Fireball for the Warlock levels are nerfs and not buffs.

Previously, Mages would use the cast times to skip the animations on those skills by moving at the last second. Now that they're useable while moving, Warlocks who use those skills are locked into long animations that drastically lower the efficiency of the skills.

Fireball already falls off starting around 110 because, although it was buffed a lot, the buffs in skill damage stop comparing to the increases in weapon damage you get from leveling. At this point, without being able to skip the animation, there's no use in using the skill even with a double set effect at 110.

What I'd say is, revert the changes and increase the damage on Fireball even further at 110 and higher. It may seem extreme to buff the numbers on an already high damage skill, but that's because your damage formula is ridiculous.

I rolled this class at 110 specifically because it wasn't a brainless Magic Blast bot anymore. Pls Gamigo, hear my cry.

I'd be happy to clarify this to any staff members who want to know what I'm talking about with videos etc. and explanations on why the damage rating on the skill falls off at higher levels. I will be helpful, clear, and in no way belligerent. I'm just really sad that I'm stuck spamming Magic Blast again.

For the standing still SS passive, I would suggest that instead of a passive that increase aspd (since apsd is tricky to balance), it be something that increases the damage dealt by a flat % modifier. *cough* annhilating power *cough*

The gap from 0.4s attack speed to 0.3s attack speed goes from 2.5 - 3.3 attacks per second. From 0.3 to 0.2 that goes to 5 attacks per second. So better to fiddle with the damage per auto instead.

Hi friends,

I need a break from some other work I do, so I thought I'd do this, because low-stakes :)
    I know this forum and gmae is daed, but it'd be fun to have people read this anyway if it happens. It's a rewrite of something I wrote in like 2009 or smth.
    Also, what's up with the horrific formatting here. It doesn't seem possible to have paragraph indents even multiple spaces or anything. I've had to copy and paste white dots in html.

Destiny

.The thing looked hideous as it danced. It clattered its joints against its parts going in a circle with its arms up, vaguely humming something like a lullaby or a funeral dirge not at all in tune with the ambient sounds of the Forest.

. He wasn’t sure what made this Smart Phino ‘smarter’ than its plainer orange cousins he had known when he was level 12, mused Sandstone, but it could be that this Smart Phino had a plan. What seemed like spastic drowning in the open air could be a deliberate ruse under the surface to get him in. It’d spring into a frightening competence any moment now and attack, and with only weak Mage gear on his person – he hadn’t yet bought any of the Wiz-Mage stuff – he’d be brutally overwhelmed. He clutched his Roumen staff from the promotion.

. Was he ready?

. It turned to him and grinned. He used a scroll. It propped its stickball hands under the brim of its Smart Phino hat and groaned, splintered and creaked from the concentration, until with one loud crunch, off released its hat and head clean from its puppet neck, still grinning. It tipped them. Success, it clicked its heels, and dropped in shambles onto the ground.

. Oh.

. Green text glowed a few inches from his forehead: 3/10 Smart Phinos. He trudged up with a grimace, and put the head into his bag. 1/5 Smart Phino Heads. Somehow, he had a feeling it was grinning even wider now in his inventory.

. It had been three whole weeks since he had gotten this quest. He just hadn’t done much of it. “Those Phinos have ruined my cabbages for the last time. My fenceposts want their heads.” Who knew Grandma Myzen was such a psychopath, but maybe with enough repeats, the old woman’s dementia might kick in, and he could convince her to just give him the reward endlessly.

. Three weeks out of Roumen. He had spent that time mostly standing around in Elderine, trying to figure out how the shops worked, or what his in would be into the market. Maybe he could buy those Alchemy Stones with his fame and resell them, but he heard that didn’t work anymore.

. Sometimes there were a bunch of people shouting, having conversations with each other from opposite ends of the town. Sometimes people stood next to each other and spoke aloud instead of in whispers. Most of the things he heard were stupid.

. Three weeks since he had watched the life ebb from his Shadow-Clone’s eyes, while its smile grew wider like the Smart Phino’s smile, and his hands shook violently not looking at his staff’s smoking magic orb.

. Another dreamy lullaby grew audible from behind him to his left, along with the clatter of puppet parts. Not many more to go.

. Of the twenty more Smart Phinos Sandstone had dispatched, only another four had yielded heads, and always by the same song and dance routine. He had learned at the end you had to start to do a little dance yourself to get a hundred-percent chance at the drop of a head, and the Phino would mimic you unconsciously.

. Even with that crucial information, he was not doing that repeat again.

. He made a careful way on his hobby around the range of excitable Prock-Zones and Lizardmen in the forest. Even the Grave Robbers who always looked busy with something would also chase him for a while, which seemed counter-intuitive.

. When he was finally at the gate, he was pulled through nauseously into the bright beige facades of Elderine, and went in an instant from craving human interaction to a nostalgia for the solitude of quests. A Warrior running laps of the city’s commercial promenade without a costume on was switching between gear sets and weapons repeatedly for everyone to see, and tried to jump over his head, nearly booting him with a steel-toed Defect Boot to the forehead – if he hadn’t quickly ducked.

. Watch where you’re going, he didn’t have the energy to say.

. Ugh.

. The city was somehow chaotic and painfully empty at the same time. He didn’t know, thought Sandstone. He had a vague fantasy somewhere in the depths of his imagination of this same place bustling with tens of as many people, and not just vendors, and yet, with those tens of as many people, everyone here sharing a feeling of belonging, doing something, or doing nothing and whiling away – it didn’t matter – they just belonged. But who knows where that feeling –

. “SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”, someone screamed, or something to that effect.

. Huh? This better not be some sort of – but it was quickly joined by a series of other high-pitched screams. In seconds, what had been eleven vendors grooving their idle animations to no shoppers on the steps, and a few stragglers dancing by or on top of Shutain, was a sea of people like Sandstone had never fathomed let alone seen. People riding dragons and insects, sailing cannoned battle ships, some even metamorphosed into light-speed miniatures of Helga or Slimes – that was new – were flooding in like a jumble from the north-west warp-gate. Others popped into existence onto marital partners, or in an amoebic, many-armoured mass just in front of Kid Woz from using Elderine Scrolls.

. The whole place sounded with one clamour – you hardly even noticed the intermittent screams. It was discussion, motion, action, and it all revolved like a sinkhole around one perimeter in the city centre where a figure in all white, by sheer aura or force of will, kept the frothing crowds no less than three metres’ distance from his person in all directions.

. “Oh mah gawd,” said a level thirty Wiz-Mage near Sandstone to her Clever-Fighter friend. “I’ve never even seen him before.” She grabbed her friend by the shoulders and shook her, “Cyaknight. Cyaknight. What if he says hi to me. What if he says hi,” and pushed into the crowds on a mission. Sandstone watched her intermittently reappear at various places, beating people out of the way with her wand, finally resorting to Magic Bursts to get closer in.

. What the hell was this.

. But just as he turned to the sad-looking Clever-Fighter friend who was staring at her blunted Hide Axe, maybe considering going in there herself and wishing she had learned Devastate or Whirlwind for the task, a hush came over the whole town in a wave without any clear notice or origin.

. I guess his questions could wait.

. He’d have never been able to hear the words even on a normal day in Elderine. He wasn’t even sure if the white-clad Warrior was shouting, or only speaking without trying to be heard.

. “I have an announcement to make,” said Cyaknight.

. Sandstone wondered if anyone around him was breathing.

. “Destiny is recruiting.”

Yh.

In game cheats should be taken much more serious by gamigo the game is still being hacked and exploited to this day even after the massive amounts of fixes done 3-5 months after the issues were brought up to gamigo

A real world boss such as Karen during the 105/110 cap (pre nerf 115 cap) She required multiple guilds and effort to be killed.

(Didn't your guild end up using in-game cheats to kill Karen during post-nerf 115 cap. (Although I guess that was a year or so after you quit.))

LET MAKE FIESTA GREAT AGAIN PUT FIESTA FIRST

why are you like this ._.

You go knight, full STR, and empower CD on all the damage skills, both 1h and 2h, most importantly Slice and Power Hit. Then you get a macro that binds right clicking the screen in a certain location. (Used to not be necessary >_<)

Then you need to weapon switch. Slice and Power have the same CD so you should always go from one into the other and base your skill rotation around that. Don't get trapped by trying to keep permanent skill rotation up. Try to organize them so that you skill as much as possible but still get as many off as you can in as little time, squeezing in as many skills in little windows. Don't really feel like typing out the rotation I use on Knights but it dumps the whole skill bar with 1h and 2h skills in about 12s including cooldowns, and then still kinda continues to DPS, because you may run out of burst, but you never run out of skills.

You need the macro bound to right clicking where the 1h and 2h skins appear in your inventory, because you can't unequip skins with hotkeys anymore. Gotta add in a shield skin button for <removed> that have those if they have 2016+ files. That is to say from 1h and Shield to 2h it's [CustomUnequip1hSkin Button] --> 2h button ---> 2h skin. Backwards it's vice versa but with shield button added in. You position your inventory window by lining it up with the crosshairs of the skill bars on the right side of your screen (keep some there), so you don't need to recalibrate the right click macro. Every maint you recalibrate like a degenerate. This is also what you do when you play Trickster and want to use the other class' soul harvesting skill, but obviously want to use a skin for the rest of the rotation.

Then you also usually gotta stay 115 and lower. This build was really strong in 110 cap, and completely broken in 115 cap, but no one did it because idk. Not sure how strong it'd be in this cap even with stacking back, because axes get more powerful with every cap, and because there are +12 weapons now. But Degro Slash has been buffed so (iirc?)

You basically learn the muscle memory of switching the sets + weapons + skins by farming and 1v1ing a lot. I've only done this set-up on retail at 86 highest (with Axe ofc), but I can guarantee it's strong at 115 cap.

That being said it is only strong in PvP to style on Glads in 1v1s, and to feel cool playing the highest skill cap setup in the game. It does absolutely nothing else - at all, better than any other build of any other class. But it is the Fiesta endgame IMO.