Posts by Philzey

another way of looking at it is that while the basic bonus in gear applies, it isn't the same with secondary bonuses like evasion or critical hit rate.

build is far more effective.

what stoni said about face paint /makeup, there are cultures that have for thousands of years, used tatoo art on their faces and other parts of their body, to signify things about their families, their religions, their places of birth, the various things they find attachment to.

while there's a couple faces with markings in the standard character creation, that's a pretty cool thought.

just hitting B will work often unless the game deems you inactive or you have something else open. you might see a message saying you can't open that function while you have something open......but you don't have anything open, so one way to fix that is go to character selection and just re log in.

and you can use the vendor search in almost any map. if it doesn't show any vendors, that's because there aren't any open in that map, at that moment. I've gotten pretty good with that function, and with finding decent stats on items. people with money and the items to modify what they buy don't really have to look as carefully, since they can change the stats of what they buy with some degree of success.

HOW many threads are there like this?

feel free to correct me forumites, but most everything starts off base stats and is just additions from there.

it isn't that stats stack on each other in every situation, but that most stats are simply additions to base stats., so one thing may add 0.08% to a stat of say 4, another may be 0.1%,

there's also the application of what you interact with and its' resistances, and then there's the random number generator principle, the way latency can affect statistics, etc etc etc.

i think Rei and a dozen or more others have a fairly solid grasp of mechanics and how they work here, so when you talk about stats, you're really talking about how stats work with or against each other, therefore, mechanics.

Gaming 101 "How to play nice"....been there , done that, it took for about a year, then people just got indifferent.

multi player just lost its momentum. I still think of it as a community thing, but it feels like that attitude is practically non existent.

i miss being able to walk to the tops of hills. those used to be really nice places to hang out for couples, most of the time without drawing aggros.

there are some games where you can go inside a building to deal with npc's, kind of adds some nuance to the game, but that would probably be a a lot more work for the tech people who write the code. FO is 3D? but not exactly, it feels more like a paper doll backdrop. you can't really explore buildings aside from instances or dungeons, and i mean with real entrances instead of map changes or portals.

There have been games that used a "Market Manager" group to regulate pricing, but it doesn't work in every game economy.

I'm not aware if there's a data miner out there that's been keeping track of prices in the roughly 14 years this particular product has been public, but in the short term, open vendor search, turn off class specific, and hunt items by name in every map where vendors turn up, to see over say, a week or a month, how prices change, and what raises demand for something, versus what lowers it