Production skills: a sad story

• Why are production skills so messed up atm and not worth investing on it? when game started, cap was very low (59? 69? not sure) and leveling up was very hard. People had to +kill tons of mobs, getting lots of mats in that process that would allow to improve production skills. But, over the years, a lot changed:

1) leveling up is now stupidly easier, not giving time to players to collect the needed mats to improve production skills;

2) Pots and scrolls drop from mobs like crazy, so ppl don’t really need to improve those production skills…

3) Stone production is still useful (since stones don’t drop that much), but considering point 1), we will bypass the level of the mobs that drop the dusts we need very fast, not leaving us any other option then spending lots of money on buying dusts to improve that skill.

So, there goes my suggestion:

1) Remove all production skills, so new players don’t waste time trying to figure out how it works to eventually figure out it’s just not worth the time/money; or

2) Keep production skills, but make upgrade requirements on those skills much lower then what they are now

• I think production skills do not need to be changed. If you do not want to vend to buy mats or buy them from NPC, you can still farm them on your lower levels.

HP/SP potions still drop maybe a little better but honestly the same rate as when I started back in 2008. I have not really noticed a difference. I think the bigger difference is you get more potions/scrolls from academy leveling now than before.

Only T6 stuff drops ridiculously easily, because of shiny mobs, which to me, has been helping new players make some pretty pennies vending those items, that they would not get from trying to vend t2 vitality scrolls.

T1 materials and T2 materials from the NPCs do not cost all that much. I basically make T1 speed for all my characters stacks and stacks of it, until I level to T4. Plus you can get alchemy production skill boosters in lucky house now as well to make it go even faster.

I think our production skills do not need to be messed with.

• I've never had a problem maxing out my productions skills, even when starting over on Isya. I just spammed T1 items as Minty said, buying the mats from Nina. The only ones that takes work initially are comp/decomp because you have to go farm sap/mushies/toads until you can use other mats that you can buy. No biggie.

However, I do think that mats drop less in general from mobs thanks to cards and suchlike being added to the drop table. Personally, I think that these items should have been added to a separate drop table. That's why it's now very hard to get green gears from mobs and why blues started selling for crazy cash.

• Its pretty much the same story with my productions just spam T1 till you cap it. It also help if you got alchemy expect skill scroll from either lucky house or in store, The only slight set back I got was on composition and decomposition, since you got farm this items till you get to the point where you can buy from npc. On this it help if you put both skill on the same character. This way you can comp and decomp back and forth working/maxing out both skills at the same time.

Isya/Cypion
    Mizukia 135 Ranger

Kiriyashi 120 Gladiator
    iP00hOnya 115 Wizard

Rathia 105 Spectre
    Nursing_AID 113 Guardian
    Verdanzi_Hrdian 115 Templar
    xXDawnXx 105 Warlock

AimeKeeta 114 Knight

:thumbup:

• For comp/decomp there is a pair that you don't lose any materials to go between so it's just the alchemy stone. I believe it's HQ Sap <-> MQ Sap.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Using Production to make Scrolls/Potions/Stones has been rendered almost useless since the release of:
    1) Friend Points
    2) KQ's which provide Scrolls/Potions/Stones as a reward.
    3) Lucky House when they changed it from 1 gold per day (100k points), to 10 gold per day (1mil points).

The only useful production skill is Scrolls to make Speed Scrolls, and that's it.
    Most everything else can be acquired through the mentioned methods.

They need to release T6 Learning scrolls for HP/Scrolls to make them viable, as for Stones, maybe inherit a method to turn your regular stones into Blessed/Lucky.
    This will definitely revive production for obvious reasons.

Current Guild Master of OneWingedAngels Guild.
    Current Raid Leader of the Alliance.
    Current IQ: 203 (and counting!)
    -
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Add me on Discord and ask me anything Fiesta related:
    Rei#9999

• Comp/decomp is still useful for those quests where in higher levels you have to go farm lower level mats. As an example, some of the 7x Monster Expo quests. Just farm the level of mats in Uruga and decomp them!

And I forget which level this quest is, but there's one where you need the highest level dust before you can access the town it is sold in. Comp works well here ;)

• Comp/decomp is still useful for those quests where in higher levels you have to go farm lower level mats. As an example, some of the 7x Monster Expo quests. Just farm the level of mats in Uruga and decomp them!

And I forget which level this quest is, but there's one where you need the highest level dust before you can access the town it is sold in. Comp works well here ;)

Or you could avoid doing these quests because they're actually slower to level than repeats.
    Avoid doing comp and decomp because they're a waste of time and not necessarily required.

Then you have more time to just AFK dance in Elderine.

Current Guild Master of OneWingedAngels Guild.
    Current Raid Leader of the Alliance.
    Current IQ: 203 (and counting!)
    -
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Add me on Discord and ask me anything Fiesta related:
    Rei#9999

• Using Production to make Scrolls/Potions/Stones has been rendered almost useless since the release of:
    1) Friend Points
    2) KQ's which provide Scrolls/Potions/Stones as a reward.
    3) Lucky House when they changed it from 1 gold per day (100k points), to 10 gold per day (1mil points).

The only useful production skill is Scrolls to make Speed Scrolls, and that's it.
    Most everything else can be acquired through the mentioned methods.

They need to release T6 Learning scrolls for HP/Scrolls to make them viable, as for Stones, maybe inherit a method to turn your regular stones into Blessed/Lucky.
    This will definitely revive production for obvious reasons.

I think this post sums up the issues with production skills but they do still have niche uses (not just speed scrolls but that's the biggest)

The biggest advantage to production over FP, KQ rewards and lucky house is that you can choose what you want to make from production and make potentially bigger quantities instead of it just being random chance and I feel like this isn't utilized enough, I think the material costs need to be looked at along with the drop table of certain mobs.

Useless mats like master/commander badges, the mats from blue capsules in lucky house, etc should be removed and mobs that can drop 2 different tier of mats (both normal and high quality for example) need to be changed to drop only 1 tier, all summoned monsters should drop a tier of summoned beast leather, all humanoid monsters should drop a tier of signs, etc. although that's just my opinion...my point is I feel drops should be more consistent and useful as well.

Also I agree with what Rei pointed out about re-releasing all T6 recipes and making blessed/lucky stones an option to produce.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.