Party Matching System

• Why didn't the party matching system work? 21

1. The population was too low (6) 29%
    2. It's inconvenient to use/doesn't help (1) 5%
    3. Buying and selling runs killed the need for it (5) 24%
    4. Players don't want to join a party with randoms (9) 43%
    5. Other (please explain in a post) (0) 0%

Recently I've been thinking about how the party matching system (the sword beside the mini-map) was, at least in my opinion, a great concept to bring together people from different maps for those who don't see the shouts looking for party members on the actual dungeon entrance maps however it didn't work out in practice.

I was hoping to get other player's opinions on why they think it wasn't/isn't a successful addition and what could be done to improve it. :)

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• I think it is/was a cross between people not wanting to party randoms and buying/selling runs for as to why that party matching didn't work out as intended. Might as well throw in the population thing for the 3 lowest populated servers too (no need to explain this as it is obvious). Honestly, I cannot think of a fix for this seeing this is more of a "players must fix" thing. In the past,I observed quite a few groups of players (especially guilds) that basically kept the whole partying/raids runs withing the guild or little "click". Cannot make selling services prohibited again, because people will cry and many will still continue to do as they please (just as it was when that was prohibited).

• I use to use this feature a lot and I remember others using often too atleast during the time I played.

It used to be a message board, they changed it a while ago so it's now a dungeon queue for finding party members which also warps you right to the entrance.

• Its a mix of all. Nobody is going to queue up to instance matching with randoms as its a nearly a requirement to be geared up properly. The few people that don't care about what their team is wearing, is so minimal that there is nobody queuing for dungeons. Next, there is no purpose to any of the dungeons. Nobody has quests for them, none of them give exp. The only purpose is farming, but everybody finds the right people for farming or just solo. This feature was never going to work this late in the state the game is in, and the UI is simply just so bad.

If they made it so you can queue up for the dungeon and list if you are a Tank/DD/Healer it would work out more. When you queue up you get added to a list of players looking for a party and you can invite them from the list.

honeyhap=-=Isya=-=:slimesmile:
    133 Templar (135 Goal)

120 Spec
    115 Knight
    115 Ranger
    115 Warlock
    115 Crusader

115 Holy Knight
    109 Sharpshooter (135 Goal)
    105 Wizard

101 Glad (105/110 Goal)
    69 Reaper (105/110 Goal)

80 Guardian (105 Goal)

• This feature should have worked like the kq listing where you can see who registered and make your own group from that list.

As mentioned before, right now you can't even be sure of the composition of your party... How could this possibly work correctly.

• "Players don't want to join a party with randoms"

Thats why im not using this Feature

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |105 | 100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | Gladi | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• Personally don’t use it since I don’t want to carry rubbish players through dungeon runs. I’d rather go with my guild and do 3-4 minute runs as opposed to 10-15

we only get an hour a day in dq so need to maximise the amount of runs to get the most potential drops.

Gav

• Lootsystem.

Do you mean the loot system (drop/quest drop stealing I'm guessing?) is the reason you don't use matching or do you mean put in a new loot system as a way to improve the matching?

I don't use the loot settings myself.

• I think that different reasons would be applicable to different dungeons. For example, DT/LN is sold (problem of high level people being able to enter it..). While others are concidered to be more farmable places so ofc you dont want randoms to farm with. While the cap dungeons are organized through discord beforehand, so no need for the party matching.

Moreoever, what this system does is only warp people at the dungeon gate! It doesnt automatically pt you with those people who registered. It just shows your class, no name, no level, nothing. Lack of information.

• This feature should have worked like the kq listing where you can see who registered and make your own group from that list.

As mentioned before, right now you can't even be sure of the composition of your party... How could this possibly work correctly.

This!! Totally 100% this.

• Do you mean the loot system (drop/quest drop stealing I'm guessing?) is the reason you don't use matching or do you mean put in a new loot system as a way to improve the matching?

I don't use the loot settings myself.

The fact that you can grab and steal everything you want

• Many times, while I was questing, the party matching suddenly pop up. I 100% reject them because I dont know they invite party for what purpose

and I dont know the one who initial the invitation.

• I don't mind carrying "bad players" it's just the loot system as been said.

Everyone will fight over being party/expo leader and when one is decided you can't trust that person unless you know them.

Not to mention if something drops and people fight over it then party leader will decide how to give it out which could be bias

The game discourages party gameplay.. You get lower exp/drop in a party.

Also, even if I were okay with all of that, the chance that the matchmaking fills up is close to 0%

I would sit the entire matchmaking duration then be forced to teleport or disband. A notification that shows when someone is queuing something would be nice as long as you can disable notification from settings