Which Class Has The Easiest Time Post 60-70: Cleric Or Archer?

• I don't have as much time as I used to to game. Adult life sucks, lol. So I've been trying to decide between these two classes to play. I'm leaning towards Cleric more cause I've heard how bad the majority of them are later in the game, but they are slow killers. The only other class I know that I'd want to play is Archer.

Basically, is the leveling later in the game easy enough to make up for how inefficient clerics are at killing fast?

• Err... depends. Honestly I had an okay time leveling my cleric to cap since there were always people around to help. However, if you have no friends, are a loner, or play in a weird timezone-

I suggest going archer.

ok but perm dragon horns when

• Err... depends. Honestly I had an okay time leveling my cleric to cap since there were always people around to help. However, if you have no friends, are a loner, or play in a weird timezone-

I suggest going archer.

Two things: Just how easy is it to get a party with or without friends/guild mates as a Cleric?

Second: Are most mobs spaced out enough for kiting at an Archer at higher levels? I don't like sniping. Lol

• Basically, is the leveling later in the game easy enough to make up for how inefficient clerics are at killing fast?

Honestly, leveling a cleric at your own without a partner is a waste of time if you have no fun hitting the mobs for hours with your few skills. Additionally archers can handle nearly everything without good gear.

Jour 1

"C'est le jour 1, celui qu'on retient,

Celui qui s'efface, quand tu me replaces, quand tu me retiens,

C'est celui qui revient."

- Louane

• Clerics can solo. People misconstrue the fact that clerics have a NICE chunk of Melee damage, and if you use a few +'d weapons along your way, 1 - 61 is a breeze. 61 - 80 is relatively fast, and once you hit 80, DT will be your best friend. Finding a good DT party will be an issue unless you intend to BUY runs, if you dont wanna buy runs, then Repeats and the occasional Sorah KQ.

You should hit 90 in a few weeks give or take.

Archer, well...you could hit 51 - 60 in a matter of hours. NOT everyone likes archers in CC...and you can run spider KQ when its available by yourself with a t3 speed.

Honestly, Cleric is the better choice, because you'll be in a better spot to level. Just dont expect to make $ off drops since you'll be heal slavin'.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• People usually want a cleric in the party for buffs and heals, so you won't have a super hard time finding people who want to pt. Difficult part is finding people who are doing the rep at the same time as you to leech off em. Archers can more or less solo anything and everything. Kiting op.

ok but perm dragon horns when

• Don't solo on a cleric, you're wasting your time. If anything, play two clients at once and have the archer level up the cleric.

• I have a Guardian, HK, and 2 low level clerics I have been using for random farming and the likes.

I leveled my Guardian through OLD DAYS...and I mean THE OLD GOLDEN DAYS of HELL.

My HK, I leveled with a mage wifey. Then pagel died...lmao

Now I reap souls, and perm various areas of the game just for the hell of it.

SO...

Archers are super easy to level.

Clerics are fun to level, because hey, lets face it. You can farm to your hearts content, and with 4h charms dropping rarely, you can easily farm what you want/need in the low levels, and in the higher levels, you will be sought after as a Clank, and sub tank. My HK can sub tank easily without charms...*shrugs*

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• I've levelled a new cleric to 100 on Isya (have a HK on Pagel, amongst other classes lol). Honestly the hardest part was 8x because there were few DT parties that didn't want paying (and I refuse to do that/am too poor to do that), but with the help of a few friends on the repeat drops (I got their drops as well as mine to speed it up) I got there.

I'm levelling an archer too. She's almost 9x. It's easier, but I find it more boring personally. People don't tend to talk to archers as much as clerics I find, and I honestly prefer to heal than to kite while others go afk (happens a lot).

It is easier to get the gears for an archer if you're wanting + items. As a cleric I tend to not bother, because I hang back and heal. I'm not a heal slave, I actually prefer the challenge of keeping people alive in tricky circumstances lol, so I spam kq whenever I can (which is also easy exp!).

• Archer will be easier thanks to kiting and aoe's.

I'm not sure why everyone else wrote a whole novel about this - it's pretty clean cut that archers will be faster and easier in my opinion.

• Archer = Faster, but Boring.

Cleric = Moderate, but entertaining.

Trix = Chaotic, but major fun.

Fighter = Slow, but aggravatingly expensive.

Mage = Fastest, entertaining, but expensive.

Sader = WELLL....

• Which Class Has The Easiest Time Post 60-70: Cleric Or Archer?

Simple to say: Archer.
    Archer is the best class for solo playing, you can play Mage solo too but its expensive or you will die (in higher lvls)

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 | 100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Gladi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• Don't solo on a cleric, you're wasting your time. If anything, play two clients at once and have the archer level up the cleric.

Very nice piece of advice here, kill two birds with one stone! playhoney

You're able to use up to 3 clients, so shouldn't be hard to level two characters at once if you dual log them, cleric buffs and archer's kiting skills are an amazing combo!

• From the very beginning, archers are faster levelers just by the nature of their skill damage and poisons. By level 20 with multi shot you can kite like 10-15 monsters at once. By level 51, archers get nature's mist which allows them to not only kite in terms of damage on multiple targets but also posion them at the same time. At 75 an archer has two multiple target kite and poison skills plus the multi shot damage kite skill. By 95 there are four aoes with three of them being posions. In terms of literally everyway, an archer is going to beat a cleric in soloing.

The posions on archer skills are so effective that you could level fast even with a +0 weapon. You get on a mount, round up monsters and then fire off skills all without ever stopping or taking much damage if you practice kiting enough.

A 110+ templar( due to the added advantage of the 110 ascension skill) and a mage are the only other classes that come anywhere close to the speed by which an archer can level.

I would suggest watching youtube videos of archers kiting for a better understanding. Archers kill mass amounts of monsters without having to stop or slow down. A cleric kills monsters 1 by 1 and not many skills to do so because they are a heal/ support based class. Clerics are not meant to solo at the high levels in this game. At the higher levels when you need to do repeats to level, what would take an archer a few hours or days to level would take a cleric weeks or months. Imagine having to kill 30 monters per turn in 1 by 1 for 100-200 or more times per level. You will either play another class, or have another class kill for you. Repeats become near insane when you can kill all or half the monsters in a few secs, no way you are gonna do that 1 by 1 hundreds of times per level.

• IceNova is absolutely correct.

In terms of damage, a +'d weapon helps with raw damage, but your poisons will literally do ALL the work for you.

I will say this though, at 91-114, you will need a +'d weapon.

Lava Bows and Crossbows are VERY rare (seems most people NPC em or just give them away from what I can tell...), or you could just use a ML<Lab<LH<HG<THG til you find something much more suitable.

Keep an eye on your skills and where you allocate skill points. You don't wanna put skills where you're not really going to need them.

From what I understand, a job change resets skill points now (NOT 100% sure on this anymore, as I havent done a 60 or 100 job change in forever) so...yea.

Speed Scrolls WILL be your best friend with an archer. T3 speeds is all it really takes with a speed title (Pirates Charisma, Shiny Slayer, etc) to move faster than most general mobs. So you'll be able to level fast...but if you're concerned about drops...well, don't be. Find yourself a beaten path to circle around in so you can keep close to your spoils of slaughter.