Fiesta on Flash Memory - How To Guide.

• Well...seems that people are asking me how I got fiesta to independently run on a Removable Drive.

It's possible, doesn't violate ToS/ToU/CoP or whatever you wanna call it. Now, you can't just go throw the Fiesta Folder onto ANY type of Removable Drive. There are differences in your Machines Power, the Removable Media you are using, and the USB Generation hardware that you have on your machine.

First Off...you're going to want to get your paws on something with a LOT of space, and a very strong Read/Write speed. (Please keep in mind, that if you are to go out and buy something with a HUGE data bank, it MUST match your PC/MAC's USB Read/Write Speeds!)

Wal-Mart offers some rather good stuff. I'd say get the PNY 16GB Micro SDHC. Works wonders with older and newer machines, and is rather sufficient for Win7, win8.2, and Win10 sp2's hardware.

--Comes with an adapter with Read/Write Speeds of up to 80Mbps using USB 3.0, and up to 60MBps using USB 2.0--

USB 2.0 and 3.0 Flash Drives

Read/Write speeds of up to 100Mbps - USB 3.0, and up to 20Mbps Read/Write with USB 2.0

(Results gathered from PNY 32GB usb, and Sandisk 16GB)

Both can be formatted to NTFS which is crucial to play Fiesta independent of your HDD/SSD.

--Reformatting these drives to NTFS creates a MFT and Independent Registry which will allow fiesta to utilize only that drive instead of your HDD/SSD creating more read/write strain while trying to play. Also creates an independent page filing on the drives which utterly minimizes load times and RAM usage!

~~~DISCLAIMER: The above are noted speeds from MY current devices, for which would be a Windows 7 Desktop 2.7ghz Intel i3 with 8GB DDR3 RAM, and a windows 10 laptop 2.3ghz Quad Core Intel i3, 8GB DDR4 RAM both with Intel HD series graphics cards~~ Your results may vary based upon the type of Hardware you are utilizing.

Once you have your selected type of HCSD memory card, time to play. (Yes, 90% of the Desktops and Laptops have SD Card Readers. This technology is still VERY viable for obvious reasons)

1. You will need to format your HCSD or Flash Card to a different type. FAT32 is the standard format for these cards, and this isn't acceptable for installing and running the game independently.

2. The format you will need to select is NTFS, and I suggest doing a FULL Format, not a Quick. Let windows pick the sector allocation size, and DO NOT change it unless you KNOW what you are doing.
    ~~This process can take 30 seconds up to 2+ hours depending on the speed of your system, the R/W speed of your HCSD, and what's all going on in the back/foreground of your PC.~~

3. Once the format is complete, you will need to scan the "new disk" for errors (trust me, there will be some). This is a time consuming process, so start it and go do something else for awhile.
    ~~Chances are this process will take literally 3 minutes up to 2+ hours.~~

4. After the scan is complete, its time to "map" the new disk on your system so that it will run independently.
    ~~Windows will do this automatically SOMETIMES as it registers the HCSD card with a Drive Letter. Usually F: or G: depending on how many drives you are running.~~

5. Time to uninstall Fiesta completely off your HHD or SSD. I suggest using iObit's uninstaller as it will also delete registry keys, and all previous Program data from your drive. ~ Restart your computer.

Download Fiesta Installer, run it, and have it installed TO your new flash memory. The download can take anywhere from 1m30s - 34m depending on your internet speed and other factors I listed above in the beginning of this post.

~~ATTENTION:  Once the installer downloads and starts to install the game onto the new drive, the installer will ATTEMPT to install a form of JAVA to the HCSD, this is normal, but the install will hang at 100%. You CAN close the installer at this point after about 60 seconds of it hanging at 100%.~~

Now, for the fun part!

Time to Defrag Fiesta. Yes, this removable media WILL require a defrag after Fiesta is installed. You will see anywhere from 18-43% fragmentation rate once you analyze the drive, and this is normal. I highly suggest using iObit Smart Defrag 6 Free Edition, found Here, as well as a few other of their lovely products I use and pay for mind you.

Once the Defrag is complete, you will now need to defrag the free space on the drive using the same program and this will take roughly 6 minutes depending on the size of the HCSD you utilize.

If you have an Interface UI file you want to add, by all means do so.

~~WARNING!!: You MUST compress the files! This reduces the "search" and Read/Write times your PC will utilize to play the game!~~

You can now launch Fiesta and enjoy a HIGH FPS and VERY ENJOYABLE ping with literally zero system hang (depending on all what you have running).

Once you have everything up and running and you've successfully got fiesta up and running, let it sit for a bit, close the game, and load up Smart Defrag again. go to game optimization, and type in Fiesta.bin, and let the program do its magic. Close everything and start your gaming spree! Enjoy!;)

**IMPORTANT** DO NOT attempt to create a desktop icon! You MUST launch the game from the removable media or the client will attempt to save EVERYTHING to your Desktop. You can rename the icon used to launch fiesta (FiestaOnline) to anything you see fit to have it above all individual files and directly below the folders. I just named mine _FiestaOnline and hey, everything works wonderfully.**

What I enjoy about using USB Stick/Memory Card

1. Reduced system usage (RAM, HDD R/W utilization, String/Thread Usage Drastically Reduced)

2. EXTREMELY QUICK Map loads and switching

3. Literally Zero to Minimal GPU Lag on heavily populated maps like Uruga for example.

4. MINIMAL disconnections, and can vend up to 48+ hours before having to "refresh" the game.

iObit Programs I utilized and Use

Advanced System Care

iObit Smart Defrag 6

iObit Uninstaller 8

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

The post was edited 3 times, last by Shawn_V01 ().

• I can tell that once i have moven my fiesta from HDD to m2 nvme SSD WD black sn7500, with 3.6GB /s most of lags during map changing and uruga/eld vendors area are gone.
    Conclusion> your games should be kept on good SSD, if u play 2k/4k then use nvme/pciex4 ssds, not sata (sata limited by 600 Mb/s, while pciex4 can provide u 3.8 GB/s).

Here are specs of SSD i am using:
    https://prnt.sc/qtj3ny

One of oldest veterans of game, 2008+.
    Leader of oldest guild alive in game, BandOfTheHawk (2008+).
    Godliest free players alive, 0$ invested.

Almost full cards collection.
    Author of numerous challenging videos and speed raids, top scorer of many GTs.
    Husband of a goddess.
    Facebook, Youtube, Site.... Find them on your own.

---------------

And what did YOU achieve?

About time to answer that question.

-------------
    Discord: Yaseeda#3171

• -Yaseeda-

Good deal. Like those numbers!

But a lot of people out there really don't wanna dump a whole lot of Cash on newer systems or gaming towers.

This lil guide was just a simple how-to for people to remain playing without the usual headaches we all encounter anymore.

There are other games out there that this can be done with as well, and a select few that are...touchy about it, but thus-far...I've heard nothing but positive results since dumping this guide to the forums.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• You could literally just copy and paste the entire Gamigo/Fiesta Online folder to a USB 3.0 Flash Drive, and create a shortcut from the launcher on that Flash drive to your desktop, and this is literally the same thing. Won't affect your regular Desktop Client if you're running the shortcut for the new launcher. Just rename it to something else so you know what it is.

Flash Drives are also faster than Memory Cards and are more accessible due to their USB port interface.

Most Modern systems will run multiple drives in their machines so loading Fiesta is no issue.
    Me personally, I have a 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe, 512GB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe, 5120GB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SATA SSD, and 10TB Seagate Barracuda Pro HDD.

Storage nor speed is a bottleneck for me. :)

Current Guild Master of OneWingedAngels Guild.
    Current Raid Leader of the Alliance.
    Current IQ: 203 (and counting!)
    -
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Add me on Discord and ask me anything Fiesta related:
    Rei#9999

• Rei

Very well aware of all of that.

However, the copy/paste to a folder doesn't work. Once the directory key is made on your Main Drive, it also adds a registry key. Putting the ENTIRE program on its own independent drive like I have described above, works miracles for those who don't own top of the line machines.

You're using some of the top of the line stuff there too, so of course speed isn't an issue ^_^

With my Windows 7 Gaming PC, I really don't suffer with speed issues or graphical bogs...but its windows 7 :D

Running it off my SD card slot (r/w speeds of near 72mbps flat) Fiesta loads insanely quick, and Uruga doesn't lag for me at all.

Sure, it also depends on GPU capacities as well, but Intel HD series doesn't have a lot of drawbacks on desktops, and rivals certain others from the late 201X era of PC's.

I only made this guide for those who play on "Home Use" laptops, older desktops, or those who have Chromebooks with "Ehh..." specs...or god forbid, Macbooks >,< ---Dont ask...for Isya's sake, dont ask.

So...I upgraded to a new PC recently. (Thank you stimulus check)

HP Slim Desktop Windows 10 16GB DDR4 RAM, 3.1Ghz Celeron 500GB HDD, Intel UHD GPU, 6 USB Ports, 4 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0, Memory Card reader.

Being on a Memory Stick, well...lets just say Fiesta loads in 3 seconds, and a heavily populated Uruga loads instantly...as well as KQ's, Raids, and I've even played a few heavily graphic intense games recently and I gotta say, I r Impressed.

So yes, my fellow players...this guide will ensure you all have a means to play Fiesta smoothly with older systems with no sweat.

Tried out another players theory with USB Sticks, and the results are...very viable!

If your not keen on using a memory stick, stick to the card reader as its flash memory also and is...rather fast...probably faster than the read/write speed of your hard drives (doesn't include new-age tech or solid state drives)

• Tried out another players theory with USB Sticks, and the results are...very viable!

If your not keen on using a memory stick, stick to the card reader as its flash memory also and is...rather fast...probably faster than the read/write speed of your hard drives (doesn't include new-age tech or solid state drives)

I always keep Fiesta on a USB drive in case of server crashes. ;)

-
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Rei#9999

• in case of server crashes

Huh? Why? That has no Effect, there is no Difference xD

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• console users do it all the time to retain progress. with pc users, we suffer "rollbacks" and resets.

If a player wants to keep what they've achieved and reconcile it with servers after a patch or other maintenance, having that progress saved could prove worthwhile. it could also help prevent problems from corruption between old and new file over writes

note i said could, not definitively. things are possible. whether support, gm's, or other t.o.s. situations would be an issue i'm not thoroughly aware. humility says if you don't know, be willing to say so.

• I dont retain any files from the game. If the game becomes unplayable, ill just wait it out or go take myself back to my ps4.

have someone testing this method currently with a 128GB sandisk micro sd...

Waiting on their results 8)

• Huh? Why? That has no Effect, there is no Difference xD

I need to login for raids as soon as possible no matter where I am. XD

-
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Rei#9999

• Honestly this just seems a bothersome way to play.

This guide was intended for people who use low-end machines.

Such as those still using Windows 7, Windows 8.2, and those with low-end Windows 10 Machines.

Those who upgraded to windows 10 from win7 and 8.2 suffer from functionality issues with certain machines that have particular hardware, and this guide was created to literally help those players with those particular issues.

Keep in mind, that this game can be played on Chromebooks (they have absolute trash specs), and some mac books are temperamental about storage space being used (even those that have linux on windows machines can use this) and other Flash Memory devices using this method so as to not have their system sound like a jet engine or find themselves literally chugging along, waiting for over 30 seconds of crucial map switching time...to get back into the fight.

Depending on your machine Minty, why dont you give this a whirl and see? If you're using a top end machine, then there's really no need for it...hell, even then you could give it a whirl for the sake of sakes...and feel the comparable difference.