[Maintenance] 11/26/19 - Discussion

• Update about the Shiny Monsters [11/27/19]

Shine System and the strongest monsters of all time

We would like to thank you for your feedback.
    Currently we are redesigning the Shine system to create a better balance between normal monster and Shine monsters. A first new version of the revision is on it's way on to our test servers to be tested.

Since this is an important topic for everyone we are currently looking into an adaptation of the system for this week.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake ().

• 1) So what drops in OV? (Ominous Valley)? Or its just quests?
    2) Need more info about talismans, I suppose there few different types?
    3) According to some feedback, shiny monsters are pretty overpoweredp, but I am curious about titles, mind sharing stat bonuses?

One of oldest veterans of game, 2008+.
    Leader of oldest guild alive in game, BandOfTheHawk (2008+).
    Godliest free players alive, 0$ invested.

Almost full cards collection.
    Author of numerous challenging videos and speed raids, top scorer of many GTs.
    Husband of a goddess.
    Facebook, Youtube, Site.... Find them on your own.

---------------

And what did YOU achieve?

About time to answer that question.

-------------
    Discord: Yaseeda#3171

• HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

add new item that needs to be enhanced

make it easier to lvl char so you can gear them

$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Is it correct that the Khazul on NA spawned as a Shine? If yes how hard is it?

It spawned as shiny indeed and is not killable, people can't get past 1% of damage being done - definitely something that should be changed

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake ().

• so we found a shiny monster ( while doing Quests ) and lost 1% if this will be the same with reps then i doubt anyone gonna play anymore since we will need a 24/7 teva and be 100% charmed so in my opinion the shiny mobs are not that great

• According to what I have heard, unkillable. People do 700 dmg, he murdering everybody and spawns op mobs. Think raiders gave up and left him.

Sounds like a problem, what If that happens to all world bosses or at long raids like DDF? Wouldnt want to deal with shiny Wind Focalor.
    E-maint incoming? Cause those new shiny mobs could use nerf.

Husband of a goddess.

---------------

-------------

• Yeah having to reset an Instance because the Boss spawend shine is going to be really annoying. Any idea if Kingdom Quest Bosses are also prossible to spawed shine?

[~.United.~]

377d238a41d3009470fa39a78cc67a07.gif

Ordensritter|Hexenmeister|Gladiator|Scharfschütze|Heiliger Ritter

<100kBq,q

• It spawned as shiny indeed and is not killable, people can't get past 1% of damage being done - definitely something that should be changed

Pkbf9TH.png

I disagree, difficulty should not be decreased, it should be as hard as it is, even if atm we are not able to drop 1% of its hp, as pvpers get better and stronger over time and get better gears and stuff and more people start joining in to kill such monsters then we will start making a dent in its hp. Even if it takes us one year before we reach a state where we can kill it, we should wait and work towards it slowly but surely and find new tactics to beat it. No fun if you make bosses easy. Thats the fun of it.

- Average is fine, I am NOT a loser

• Yeah having to reset an Instance because the Boss spawend shine is going to be really annoying. Any idea if Kingdom Quest Bosses are also prossible to spawed shine?

According to what has been told on the Official NA Discord, any mobs has a chance to spawn as shiny, including also the mobs in KQs

ATjyVN9.png

• I agree making the Bosses harder is a good idea, but the only new piece of gear added is the new Talismans. Unless you can enchance them to like +30 or something and get crazy stats it sound like it will be next to impossible to beat it. Maybe well get new gear in a couple of weeks, but right now most people are geard up rather well and they still cant put a dent in Khazul. The stats Shine mobs get should be adjusted but now so far down that it becomes meaningless if a it spawnes shine or not.

[~.United.~]

377d238a41d3009470fa39a78cc67a07.gif

Ordensritter|Hexenmeister|Gladiator|Scharfschütze|Heiliger Ritter

<100kBq,q

• Most of SK farmers are max geared and sced. Quite sure they are all above average at least, skills wise.
    They wont be able to develop THAT much, even with talismans and practice.

So yea, shiny mobs seem to be op as of now, any update on situation?

Husband of a goddess.

---------------

-------------

• More info on talismans please like do we need bundles to enhance them? If so it'll make quitting now so much easier :^)honeyroflhoneyrofl

• Checked out the shiny mobs, 40 archer in zk area 500+ aim.

Can't hit a normal zombie mob...

Deals 1800 damage. That's 3x what zk would hit on me.

Who in their right mind thinks this is a good idea???!!!

You have to be completely retarded to think this idea is good.

How does gamigo keep finding new ways to destroy this game....

Imagine trying to do a basic kq and a shiny mob spawns.. you are literally screwed then.

This is not pokemon, this is fiesta online...

We gain nothing beating these shiny mobs either.

Just another nuisance badly implemented horribly worked out idea that serves no purpose and benefits no one.

Another waste of valuable time better implemented elsewhere.

With every blunder and sad waste of time implementation peoples eyes will open.

The incompetence to run this game is obvious.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HoneyTeddy: You are not called a troll for your opinions. Just be nice to everyone, keep the rules and you'll be fine. ().

• I rather keep it as hard as it is and have the drop rate like 1000 times better on these mobs.

Can't kill it? Well it won't be the first world boss that is unkillable by 50 people (recall karen pre-nerf) so try collaborate with many guilds or wait for new gears/cap so you can get stronger and take it down.

• Is it correct that the Khazul on NA spawned as a Shine? If yes how hard is it?

Yes. Isya had 30 fully charmed glads with 100k def and everyone was still wiped out.

I don't usually post on forums, but this is one of those things that needs to be articulated clearly. Those shiny monsters are way too OP. Yes Over Powered.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this from the voices in discord:

77849ad982e5fa994d75cf56318cd35b.png

https://gyazo.com/77849ad982e5fa994d75cf56318cd35b

I liked the idea of having shiny monsters and was excited to see the patch notes. But fact is there isn't enough information about it on patchnotes (what do they drop? Why are they so powerful? How much more boosted are they?), and they have a few major issues with its viability in this game considering the gap between shiny monsters and normal ones is too much.

I've also not seen any 'special drops' appearing, so I'm quite curious.

78e72ddddc9e743315ea9f781ebc2890.png

https://gyazo.com/78e72ddddc9e743315ea9f781ebc2890

So apart from the above, here are the problems:

1. World bosses may be unkillable

SK is spawned as a shiny, and the expeditions cannot kill it. SK usually is down in 3 minutes, but in 10 minutes, not being able to take down 1% of its HP?

This indicates that the shiny SK with its beautiful bubbles and all is way more unbalanced than it should be. I'm not against having a stronger SK, but you need to have something that can actually be killed. Think about it. All the people who go to SK are fully maxed out, in enhanced gear, with charms, extenders, SC suits and the like. The maximum possible power ups in the game and they still can't kill it. I believe that says something.

No one is going to spam tears on a boss that takes 2 hours to kill and one shots you in a blink of an eye. 1 hour to kill? Okay, maybe we can work with that. But 1 shotting everyone in an AOE, then healing to full health as they try to run back is overkill. FYI these world bosses already do 1 shot a lot of people in non shiny mode.

2. Shiny monsters have at least 5 times the power of normal monsters...

This is okay until you consider how often and where they spawn. They spawn anywhere. So what happens if they spawn in the spot where you were kiting your normal quest monsters? Oh yes, you're basically dead. They can easily one shot players in 0+ gear.

Maybe it was meant to be done in a party, but if you consider it carefully, who does anything but KQs in a party? What about people on more unfortunate servers? Or the odd person in the strange timezone or without a guild? In addition, the shiny monsters aggro like normal monsters, meaning it may be impossible to avoid them if they spawn in the middle of that rep spot you were using. Move to a new spot? All good until you realize there is no other quest spot maybe because it is taken. And then what? Get a higher level character to help you kill them? From where? Who would be so nice? And who can you call at 135?

3. Shiny monsters spawn ANYWHERE from ANY mob, which means you could basically screw up all quests (reps especially) or KQs because your party is only just able to handle the KQ normally and suddenly you have this big unaccounted for factor which means your party now dies, while trying to make its way past the monsters. Even worse if it's a boss or a kill-all KQ.

For demonstration purposes, here's a video of how at level 72, in the 60 abyss with totally average gear, this shiny aggroing me can ruin my perfectly good grinding spree. Oh and it dealt 25x the original damage of the other monsters.... Yep from 132 to 3300, looks like it could be a crit so maybe it deals half that normally, but that's still too much. I tried to take it down with another better geared character, a 73 fighter and the damage it dealt took me down in 3 shots.

Honestly, I would say it is still doable in a party, but as I said earlier, very rarely do people go about in a party now, and it is hard to find people to party with even if you try. I think its great that you seem to want people to party up, but this is not how you do it.

They are not rare enough considering how OP they are. This is great for titles but not when you can't kill them. Lower the spawn rate of the shiny monsters or limit where they can spawn.

4. Shiny monsters can only be removed when you kill them.

This is okay until you consider the above points. They are OP. At level 110, my characters in unenhanced blues (because blues are really easy to find, but not as easy or cheap to enhance) is getting 2 or 3 shotted by normal monsters. This means the Shiny monsters with 15x the power is definitely going to 1 shot me. I don't need this when I struggle to take down normal monsters. Not everyone is going about with the best capped gears and 500 capped alts to help our next new alt. Most of us don't have enhanced or fully enhanced equipment. Even if we can't participate in this, don't go out of your way to make it impossible for us to play normally in peace.

Put a timer on them or implement a way to disperse the shiny monsters if you can't handle them. I've already seen people make jokes about pokeballs. Put those in game for 1c, let them disperse the shiny aura. Or let us turn them into pets, either way works.

I really hope you guys change something soon. Even cutting down shiny normal monsters to 2x normal monster's power (you can keep the HP and maybe eva, that is not a real concern if its hits are tankable) and world bosses to 3x is a better idea than what we have now.

In addition, it looks like another of your monsters have bugged out from this addition.

c08c565645bcd2544adde6c802b7035b.png

https://gyazo.com/c08c565645bcd2544adde6c802b7035b

67e2fb9bdba59e918cba139a9d9686bb.png

https://gyazo.com/67e2fb9bdba59e918cba139a9d9686bb

The video link for your convenience: https://streamable.com/zxsfj

• In my humble opinion, if shiny mobs are going to keep the current stats, they should become an exclusive of regular maps, and maybe dungeons and abysses.

I see many circumstances for which a shiny mob can be seen as an annoyance rather than a good opportunity, few examples:

- LN levelling grinding: imagine what would happen if suddenly one of the little snakes turns out to be a shiny type...

- Farming circumstances: I am not sure how many players that are used to hardcore sessions of farming would enjoy a random shiny mob that would either slow down their run or make it completely a waste of time/charms.

- World Bosses have already their own dedicated playerbase fighting over them, I don't think is necessary to have a shiny version, considering that part of the world bosses have already an Hardcore mode.

If, instead, shiny mobs will be nerfed, then I guess that could be a good compromise, assuming that their drop and their EXP are going to worth the effort to kill them.