Whats up with this Anti-AFK feature???

• So, I'm in Rage of the Emperor Slime at the final bossslimeemperor

I'm the only cleric and I'm buffing/healing/revving as I can. My party is full, they're taking some dmg but not a lot so I'm spamming party heals to keep them going, while outside healing the Ranger who's kiting Emperor Slime. Everything is going fine and then, right after the queens queenlove

This black shadow pops up on my screen, telling me that I'm afk and about to go to jail unless I participate.... WTF? Can someone please explain the criteria by which this system works? slimesuperangry

• Yeah this killed more than one kq, the thing is... it does not work. Like all things gamigo implements. You not the only one. Most likely it is because you do not deal damage as a cleric. But I’m not sure and someone is probably better able to explain why exactly.
    I do however know many people had trouble with it.

• I've had various characters in KQ AFK prison, one of which is in there, right now today at 8:49. my question is; why is gamigo bothering killing Kingdom Quests entirely? there isn't a full Kingdom Quest on any server now. and punishing the few people who leveled their own characters means a triple punishment,
    1: soloing/small amount of people. in most Kingdoms during certain hours,
    2: punishing the player by being warned by the system and kicked from the KQ.
    3: and the character is in a prison for 2 hours...
    all because of AFKing/Leeching?
    and the reason for keeping the KQ's going is the solution. using certain characters to leave in their "permanently level range" in certain Kingdom Quest's and in this case the solution also was using a double perm character so it doesn't' fail if the single character dies.
    gamigo needs to fix this immediately. instead of trying to 'change' Kingdom Quests in the first place because there are only perhaps a few Kingdoms Quests during high pop. hours on Isya server. and killing those ones can be the end of Kingdom Quests in general. instead, they can just update the amount of players in certain KQ's and letting the timer run out to "start" the Kingdom Quest and leave it at that... AND that should allow more people into higher pop. hours "full" KQ's. rather than start to kill more KQ's. and adding a lot of another punishments.
    Sincerely
    Moonrunner

:/
    Eventine

The post was edited 5 times, last by coldstoni ().

• So, I'm in Rage of the Emperor Slime at the final bossslimeemperor

I'm the only cleric and I'm buffing/healing/revving as I can. My party is full, they're taking some dmg but not a lot so I'm spamming party heals to keep them going, while outside healing the Ranger who's kiting Emperor Slime. Everything is going fine and then, right after the queens queenlove

This black shadow pops up on my screen, telling me that I'm afk and about to go to jail unless I participate.... WTF? Can someone please explain the criteria by which this system works? slimesuperangry

I do agree this should be looked into especially for those who are actively taking part in the KQs and are receiving warnings/jail time. As for those who wants to leech/afk, those people deserves to be removed from the KQ.

• Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, I will relay your concerns to the team.

The system is not perfect, I do agree that a character which moves around and uses skills should not have an issue, and that heals should count as damage. I will discuss this topic with CM Veralya.

Just to clarify for those who don't know yet:

The reason we have this system is due to the high number of complains about leeching and AKF people in KQs. The system jails people because it is often hard to remember the consequence if a punishment wasn't harsh enough.

Thank you,

HoneyTeddy

• thank you accepting the feedback. GM HoneyTeddy, I just hope that some changes are implemented quickly. as it is important to kingdom quests in general.
    Regards

Moonrunner.

:/
    Eventine

The post was edited 5 times, last by coldstoni ().

• Current system, based on movements, is as flawed as it could be, leecher just needs to put his char on FOLLOW to avoid problems.

Yes, KQs are pain due to the leechers who dont want to make an input, full of people who dont understand that they need to GEAR UP AND LEARN their class, but thats normal for high lvl in general. Fiesta is full of worthless players who never bothered earning money or developing, they just got boosted to high lvl content, and at high lvl content they learned that they cant advance by themselves.

How often ppl quit KQ just because 1 carrier, who have been doing most of work, didnt warp? I have seen enough.
    8/10 fighters didnt bother getting +10 sets, so they cant tank.
    9/10 clerics dont understand how to support party and just spam heal.
    7/10 archers dont understand how to kite mobs/do mob control.
    Et cetera.

We need to change rewarding system if we want to dispose of such people. Make sure that those who INVEST efforts actually get better rewards.
    A system which I have developed for raids of my guild and have been using for quite a while.
    Just check scoreboard at end of raid (ddf, for example), and u will get pretty objective display of efforts and skills invested. I reward only players/raiders with good scores, those who barely heal/do any dmg only get crappy leftovers.
    Kq should work same way. Add scoreboard, and give top scorers more chests. Or chests with higher odds of containing good drops, such as bracelets.

"reward performance, not attendance"
    -Thus spoke Yaseeda.

One of oldest veterans of game, 2008+.
    Leader of oldest guild alive in game, BandOfTheHawk (2008+).
    Godliest free players alive, 0$ invested.

Almost full cards collection.
    Author of numerous challenging videos and speed raids, top scorer of many GTs.
    Husband of a goddess.
    Facebook, Youtube, Site.... Find them on your own.

---------------

And what did YOU achieve?

About time to answer that question.

-------------
    Discord: Yaseeda#3171

• I like that idea of implantation of a scoreboard. letting us know if enough input was done by the players. not taking the thread into other directions but good idea.
    Regards
    Moonrunner.

• I do not think the anti-afk/leeching system counts "follow" as movement. It is probably tracking keyboard and mouse input to determine movement.

• I do not think the anti-afk/leeching system counts "follow" as movement. It is probably tracking keyboard and mouse input to determine movement.

Unfortunately it does. You can see this in action at Collisio's KQ at least once or twice a day.

• Current system, based on movements, is as flawed as it could be, leecher just needs to put his char on FOLLOW to avoid problems.

Leechers constantly follow me in ES KQ when I'm on my cleric and it's really annoying. Would be nice if (when in KQ) when someone wants to follow you, you'd get asked if you agree with it/allow it or not.

• Actually, afking/following in KQ is bannable, as it was stated in following thread:
    Question about punitive system/TOS.

So, take ur time to video record and report such players. Could use FRAPS or OBS (obs is free and records much smaller size files than FRAPS, but requires some tuning and calibrating to make it run properly).

Husband of a goddess.

---------------

-------------

• this killed MDHC for good, i don't even bother to join it anymore because i know there are like 10x less OJ that drop in the server yet people buy it for the same price as before and with the amount of godlies/good stated around, i don't think their price will rise any soon

if people started buying fail ones for 10G then people would start farming again even on one account, but perming is dead nowadays ... boredom and enchantment rate : why would i spend 10 bucks to get a 45 blue to +10 ? its high and it will resell for less than half, something like 7G while its very easy to get ingame and even from other people/gifting rate its like 3 bucks

• It's rather, you can't do KQ because it doesn't fill.

If you try to fill it yourself then you will get flagged for being AFK.

Isya might be fine but other servers are suffering with this system.

• It's rather, you can't do KQ because it doesn't fill.

If you try to fill it yourself then you will get flagged for being AFK.

Isya might be fine but other servers are suffering with this system.

Thats why some requierments are ridiculos exept for pvp kq and the like all others should be just 1 person to start it

• Fact, sced/charmed players can solo kq.
    Why limit them? Let them solo if they want, remove limitations.

Husband of a goddess.

---------------

-------------