Idea to improve marketing and selling items that could replace the auction house

• I think personally an auction house is not what this game needs.

My idea is the following, it's not complicated or hard to implement unlike an auction house:

Instead of an auction house there is just a mushroom left behind at that particular spot.

So the mushrooms stay but you can move freely... and if you leave the game the mushroom also goes away. (like normal)

And just create a vendor buf or something that when you delete it that mushroom closes and gives back items and money.

The only issues that would bring are the following ones,

Inventory when full will create a lot of issues and ofcourse inventory usage.

So what they should do to implement this is keep all the old systems and make it so after putting your items a mushroom will pop down and you can walk away.

The placed items will be locked and unmovable in your inventory until said mushroom closes. (like the old system but only affecting the items you put in)

You can also directly change item prices or close the mushroom by clicking on it.

After you put a mushroom down you will get the vendor buff, after removing this buff your shroom will go away and items or money goes back to your inventory.

Optional;

In game text messages after something gets sold.

Remote acces to check store by pressing the vendor icon in game, option to change prices, close.

In short;

Old system but you can move freely and only your sold items or items you buy get locked.

I always found it strange why this was never implemented. Why should someone open a separate account and waste energy, performance over one simple store function.

Some people have toasters like for example honeyteddy and being able to just setup a store on one account and being able to play on it aswell would improve their overal gaming experience a lot.

• This should be looked at more in depth, if implemented correctly this would really work and be helpful for those that vendor a lot. maybe have a new chat window

that would be like a vendor whisper. one that can be saved even if you d/c or log out. I know I have left whispers for items in vendors and they probably tried to reply but I was offline or they d/c and never seen it.

good idea F2PWhale

• This should be looked at more in depth, if implemented correctly this would really work and be helpful for those that vendor a lot. maybe have a new chat window

that would be like a vendor whisper. one that can be saved even if you d/c or log out. I know I have left whispers for items in vendors and they probably tried to reply but I was offline or they d/c and never seen it.

good idea F2PWhale

If they could work out what went wrong with the mailbox system, then offers could be sent via that rather than adding another chat :)

• H

Do you want this so much you'd spend 6 months of no other updates for it to happen? Is this really that big of a priority?

No but If implemented correctly without secret pay to win BS.. It would benefit everyone and be a lot better than some uselss kq no one asked for.

On top of that, this should have been implemented a long time ago already. But gamigo has done such a poor job and running this game into the ground with all sorts of horrible decisions ...

This would be a lot better for everyone and actually improve quality of vending for everyone if gamigo doesnt pay to win bs it.

It doesn’t only benefit spenders lile gamigo always does and it also benefits people with less time and overal gameplay experience.

However I do agree first priority should be the constant dqs and lag and fixing the game so People can finally farm without dqing every minut. And join kqs without fear... that’s priority.

• lextacy yes, it came in and came out in less than I day if I remember correctly - caused crashes left right and centre lol. Apparently it's on their road map of new/improved/fixed stuff though! :)

• Well I think it should be like:

We go to NPC and put items for sale.

Number of slots based SC items, how it is.

Pay small amount to start auction and 2 to 5% if sold as auction charge.

Not sold items will expire and removed from auction in 7 days.

Expired items will be deleted in 30 days, if not taken back.

Email on sale or items expiry (Gamigo need to fix email system first).

Go to NPC to cancel auction, collect gold, take/replace items.

We can go play game or go offline and items will stay at the auction NPC.

This will reduce lag too.

• I like above but they shouldn't charge any auction charge.

it doesn't benefit gamigo to charge us a portion of our ingame money.

• mmm, we can always change the pvp board into a auction board. and it acts like a guild storage where you stick your item in and they can sell it for you. like a giant mushroom vendor. of course if it's just for the town it's in it might make it easier too rather than implement a whole system it's more "local". and you'd need to buy from the cash shop to let you use the market board. that'll cover all the bases there. plus it'll keep gamigo in the loop as it were.
    sincerely
    Moonrunner

:/
    Eventine

The post was edited 1 time, last by coldstoni ().

• I like above but they shouldn't charge any auction charge.

it doesn't benefit gamigo to charge us a portion of our ingame money.

Actually it benefits the players to add in a gold sink like this, which in turn makes the players spend more on sc items, so it would benefit gamigo in a round about way :)

• well there is still mushroom vendoring/roar adverstiment as the "normal" way. auction house help ease the servers who have current large vendors up all the time and allows the system to keep the currency flowing. as for "taxes" by the system that isn't a gold sink either way. and if you did start to "tax" the items that would instantly kill the system because people need every cent. and we can always include gamigo with a small cash income.
    regards
    Moonrunner