Auction House

• Fiesta needs an Auction house where players can buy and sell items.

A suggested idea of house the Auction House would work: Make a separate map that is connected through the gate stone portal system. Players can talk to an NPC there that has a Auction House inventory. The Auction house inventory acts as like a player vendor and when a player puts an item in they are prompted to add a price to the item. The item is then listed on the Auction House where other players can buy it. The Auction house NPC will also have an option for players to browse the Auction house. This new Map could also act as a place for Vendors to set up shop, creating a central trade hub for Fiesta. A new storage Keeper should also be added to the map as well.

Reasons

- Gold Sink

Adding a 1~3% tax to transactions on the auction house will drain gold from the game.

- Easy to Implement

From a technical standpoint the code to create an auction house already exists in the game. The search store feature could become the auction house interface except with a buy option and an npc like the storage master/guild master could be created to hold onto the items being auctioned.

- $$$ for Gamigo

Each player could be given 5 free auction house listing spots, the same as a vendor, while additional listing slots could be bought with spark cash.

- Quests/Mats

A lot of the gold in the game is created by selling items to NPCs. If people sold their mats to players instead of npcs low level players could finish quests that require high quality items and gold wouldn't be created. Also players who practice their trade skill can have ready and available materials for crafting.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Spark170: Submitted early on accident ().

• This is a cool idea. I can’t see gamigo picking it up because they have their own development ideas queued, but it would be nice to see something like this eventually.

• I had a market system idea too, that would be using fiesta's own system, just tweaked, so they wouldnt have to create new things or w/e.

basically same shroom/house, but instead of you having to afk, The game saves your location, onto the spot you are, leaving behind your Vendor, in your house/shroom, but would be connected to gamigos servers, so the only dc' would be if Gamigo crashed, itself.

and then they already implemented a mail system, so that was my go to idea, for how to get offers. but not so much like mailing each other, but being able to check your vendor, for Sticky notes(limited amount+cooldown so people cant just spam sticky notes to a vendor), Or just whisper the vend owner, if hes online.

so you still have a reason to buy mini houses/tycoons. you can still see towns filled with shrooms. and you can still have a lag filled town to walk through :)

:/The Mythical Unbalance Already Here With These New Sc:/

• It's auction house. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Good idea though.

Also for the nth time, town population is (should be) a completely separate issue from vending in all cases except if vendors are, by vast majority, multiboxed. In that case yeah obviously, if one person can add up to 5 shrooms in towns, the visible population will inevitably be shred to fractions when there's no longer need for that. Yet even then one could argue it's not connected, just a whole other thing not doing so good.

• Playing from closed beta and i tell you i lost track of how many times this has been suggested but ignored once they even claimed they cant do it cuz code.

And other time they just straight refused , to bad the old forums are closed now

But hey a +1 from me

• this would kill game towns would be empty

No it would not. As long as they make players be present in town to search and put items in auction (the way it should be), you will see plenty of players. Besides, there are plenty of people who go afk in towns without even vending. The issue is they somehow can't implement this or other seemingly minor improvements without causing the server and game to crash.

• Auction house was what killed the Korean version of the game iirc. I remember Kobal basically posting they would not be looking to implement this.

There is a search option will do I guess

• We covered this before didn't we? there is a visual system wherever vendors are allowed, that helps you locate items and it looks a lot like an auction page, except you can't sell on it, just buy. if you can't find an item, it isn't being sold, at least not in the map you're currently at. (Hit B and it should be the center option, unless you change the key bindings)

there is another company and game where i was in a position called market manager, which was a loosely agreed group of vendors who with cooperation from gm's and others like csr's (you know, store items), helped control a pricing issue and keep things fair for both vendors and customers.

here though, i don't see that working, so for me at least, an auction isn't really a good idea. i'd rather the long term issues of the game were dealt with, than continue the long standing tradition of adding more problems to them.

• Lol I feel like most of people on this forum think it you dont agree with then its cuz you hate idea.

I play game that have working good system and 10’s of thousands of active players vs fiesta that has 200-300 max.

This game is barely floating and you guys wanna add something that would kill it.

• Auction house was what killed the Korean version of the game iirc. I remember Kobal basically posting they would not be looking to implement this.

There is a search option will do I guess

Do pray tell how auction house killed the game. Sincere interest.

• Basically it removed all traffic and reason to log into the game. People logging vendors makes the game seem active etc

maybe a gm could access the old forums and find kobals post explaining this

• Basically it removed all traffic and reason to log into the game. People logging vendors makes the game seem active etc

Honestly with that explanation, it's even more perplexing how people would choose to blame any part of that on AH. Sure if you intend to run a buying and selling simulator, this however is an actual game supposedly intended to have much more going for it than shrooming.

But yeah in all fairness, that would probably be what happens when you first run your interesting content to the ground, to a point people only log in to merchant, and then choose to prioritize changes as suggested here instead of actual playable content. Which is exactly why it shouldn't ever be the approach taken.

• Honestly with that explanation, it's even more perplexing how people would choose to blame any part of that on AH. Sure if you intend to run a buying and selling simulator, this however is an actual game supposedly intended to have much more going for it than shrooming.

But yeah in all fairness, that would probably be what happens when you first run your interesting content to the ground, to a point people only log in to merchant, and then choose to prioritize changes as suggested here instead of actual playable content. Which is exactly why it shouldn't ever be the approach taken.

A large proportion of people who vendor will multi account. Meaning they then play their mains whilst looking at incoming offers to their alt.

By implementing an auction house you remove a reason to log in to begin with.

The search function does a p good job overall. Maybe a cm/gm could ask Kobal to come and explain the reasoning again since it isn’t on this forum anymore. It was posted on the old one 🙃

• Yes, life or death of a game depending fully on people multiboxing is equally bad.

Where did I say it was good or bad?

I just outlined what gamigo said the last time this brought up on the forums. Apologies if you want to throw yourself on a sacrificial alter over this.

• Where did I say it was good or bad?

I just outlined what gamigo said the last time this brought up on the forums. Apologies if you want to throw yourself on a sacrificial alter over this. It was n

Oh sorry, didn't mean you said that. Overall didn't mean to start an argument with you, you just nicely replied to a question. Not sure what the last sentence was supposed to mean, but maybe miscommunication.

• i've seen this suggested multiple times as well, +1 from me as well