[General off-topic] Arguments against Gamigo('s decisions) thread

• I agree with you on that eddy, just saying we should wait a little.

Fiesta also started like that and gradually went extremely pay to win.

Every game starts like that.

I agree with you on your points, just saying to wait and stay allert.

• It seems that YOU didn't understand what Sephiroth wants to say. If you buy a cheap bad-statted gear, hammering and reselling, YOU ARE NOT FARMING...got this? Means that even the bad-statted ones will turn into good ones, and that's why people will eventually stop farming, because there will be an easy way to have more godly items. Got this at least? If farming was the only way to get really nice (or even godly) gears, then EVERYONE would farm for those. Hammers provide a really passive gameplay, that makes many people to avoid the farm and to simply try their luck, just by paying for sc. Sephiroth wants to clarify the meaning of hard work and hard grinding JUST to have high chances of a really nice weapon/gear. Did you understand that now?

You must think everyone has tons of time to spare farming... I barely have time to get on for 10 minutes per day. Hammers or no hammers, I do not farm. Do you understand now?

• Since it's a long post I'll respond to the things I disagree/want to go more in depth with, the things I don't respond to I either agree with or is not a point of debate or I've already spoken my opinion on it and don't wish to argue about as we clearly have our own opinions on it that I feel we will not change our minds on.

If you want me to respond to something specific that I did not please let me know.

Warning: I'm still responding to most things and this will be a double post to fit it all.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• Regarding the last point there is a game I know that handled this extremely well, I will use obscure references but it's not a thing any longer, some people may know it.

what they did is implement a "blast from the past" system that allowed capped players to queue for all lower level dungeons but at the minimum level for that dungeon and with equalized gear (basically bad gear which was made up for by experience).

If this "blast from the past" run was successful the capped player would get a medal that could be spent on items useful at cap.

I feel this would be an extremely beneficial system that could be adjusted to fit fiesta and be exactly what fiesta needs.

It would work well to keep new players invested in the game (since they'd have capped/experienced players to help them level) and give capped players something to do to keep the game getting too stale and feed their nostalgia.

You must think everyone has tons of time to spare farming... I barely have time to get on for 10 minutes per day. Hammers or no hammers, I do not farm. Do you understand now?

I feel this also highlights one of the big issues with farming.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• Yeah no, bad idea, I would much rather see your feedback here on the forum so others can give advice and improvement.

The more you guys try to stop free speech the more excuses gamigo can have and the more room for corruption. I know for sure some peoples suggestions will go trough the shredder and catering to the whales and other corruption will continue. If feedback is on the forum everyone can see react and improve on it and gamigo has no leg to stand on if they do not follow it.

If you have not noticed yet, gamigo silences people and stops people who go against them from speaking up. They also edit and remove posts to cover themselves.

As long as gamigo will not change and listen, stop their corruption and finally listen to player feedback, nothing will change!

A forum should be a place of discussion where the best ideas survive. Some random people sending documents to honeyteddy who is already pretty biased seems to me like the key to more corruption. Honeyteddy works for gamigo and is bound to their crazy rules of player destruction. He can just cherry pick and bad ideas will not get corrected.

A good GM would make that document and do research what the player wants. I can not judge honeyteddy on that as Gamigo rules probably make it so honeyteddy has nothing to say. That and multiple GMs telling me that gamigo did never listen to them and they had very limited power.

There also clearly is a dark inner circle of people who decide everything made up by whales... or gamigo executives. It’s clear those people only care about making money and not about the game.

• Jumping lord, sometimes I question if you have ever played the game...

those players you describe are called perms, it’s already happening and they are leaving in droves due to all the mismanagement and toxic pay to win and because there is no longer any incentive to farm with hammers destroying everything and no new players coming in because a ton of reasons I listed. And ofcourse the lack of valuable needed items at low levels and the money gap between high and low levels... wich also drives inflation every time a new cap raise comes out.

mind bogling no one talked about this yet. This is the real issue new players can’t compete...

Stupid gold sinks aint going to change anything as the money will go up with every cap.

If you can only play 10h minuts a day thats an issue of yourself and maybe you should play a shorter game. Most people here will spend longer in your average raid or kq...

Thats absurd and not the issue.

not going into detail as I have already explained the situation and some of the fixed in other posts. Other players also had some great points...

you should seriously read them.

Try to understand reality, I am a perm player myself, maybe I know some things you do not... maybe my other friends who also do that and farm know better ... the people I often talk about.

you seem not to understand the real issues of this game.

• -

Riiight. Well as long as the "you" you keep referring to isn't me, ramble away.

-

"However I disagree with your feeling that the game would be exactly the same without hammers, hammers fit a desperate need in game which ..."

You misunderstood me. My fault, probably, for trying to cut corners in a hella long post. I don't "feel" the game would be exactly the same. I meant that it seems like you and some others here think the choice is "current server as-is with vs. without hammers", when it actually should be "hammers vs. improving farming in other ways". Meaning, dealing with that desperate need you mention through other ways.

"I don't necessarily agree that it should have been a cash shop item but I also can't think of a better way it should/could have been implemented without issues"

May I ask; what, in your opinion, would be wrong with just farming? If drop rates, possibly drop stat rng, and maybe even dungeons were optimized for fun and challenge, would you really need a way on top of that to change stats you don't like? Why?
    (And just as a bonus: it could've been gee iunno, in-game item, worth x gold, working double duty as a gold sink to help economy?)

"...the scapegoat for such issues, they are separate issues..."

Not a scapegoat. A contributing factor.

"...Gamigo can't support themselves on a game that makes 0 money..."

Nobody is asking them to. Don't say there aren't other ways to make money than this steady flow of items invented to devalue actual gameplay.

"An issue easily fixed with drop rate increases and player/mob rebalancing"

Not a separate issue, when hammers are the #1 reason trash is now valuable. But yes, easily fixed.

"Hammers don't increase/decrease the supply of these..."

"Class balance and SC item issues..."

Yep, a contributing factor.

"You realize we could have a drop rate increase and hammers together right? Hammers make the low drop rate tolerable for now until a rate increase is added."

Highly doubt such increase is coming. And if so, having both at once would just boost the issue as farmer twinks would be an even more viable moneymaking scheme.

"No I'm pretty sure that would still be an issue, bad drops would still get NPCed without hammers and the market would be even more swamped with garbage.

They would get NPCed, but they would also swamp the market? Cool. Also disagree. There are always bad drops. They become an actual PROBLEM only when drops, to begin with, are scarce. Or if there's static % on each stat probabilities, but afaik (might be wrong, pinch of salt) Fiesta doesn't have that.

Having fun maybe? Being the top tier is great and all but shouldn't you enjoy it instead of working to be the best? If you enjoy farming great but some people don't enjoy it as much after the first 100 dungeon runs/drops.

...... I don't have time for this level of profundity, sorry.

"...more than just being a party dropper for those terrible drop quests..."

Oh yeah, that practice is running rampant now. Fully agree something should be done about it, but I think it might have to wait 'til they're done with code debt.

"...what they did is implement a "blast from the past" system that allowed capped players to queue for..."

...And the capped players kept overestimating their durability, constantly running into mobs and getting killed?

"I feel this would be an extremely beneficial system that could be adjusted to fit fiesta and be exactly what fiesta needs."

Could be. It had issues though, don't remember specifics. Of course there are many features in other games that could, through tailored approach, be applicable and beneficial. If only.

• I actually like the idea of a word doc of feedbacks, if its laid out properly. We have whats called white papers at work, where we write out requests and such. xD maybe you should make up a kind of document format we could follow and submit if it helps makes requests/feedbacks/suggestions easier

That's an interesting idea, I will see if I can come up with something this week :)

I already forward the things I see on the forum, however if someone has ideas which crosses many topics and probably crosses many of the same topics being talked about over and over, or if someone has a well thought of and detailed proposal which will likely not benefit from other's additional comments, it makes a lot of sense to put it together in a document rather than making or necro-posting on 50 threads. This is by no means a restriction on making other threads or discussions on the forums. It is up to you if you prefer to post it here, it just makes it easier for all of us if it's compiled nicely.

I am doing this as an unpaid volunteer position, and would appreciate if people made things easier for everyone on the forums.

Finally, F2PWhale if you have not noticed, I have left many of your posts intact mainly because you had some appropriate discussion in them, and only removed those that are explicitly against the rules, to the point I couldn't leave them be. Please read and understand the rules and the values behind them to make the forums a nice and livable place for everyone, not just you.

Free speech is not about saying whatever you want to say because you are you or because you're entitled to you own opinion. It is about saying what needs to be said while still being mindful of others and respecting their freedom of speech also.

There is no 'dark inner circle' which you are imagining. I would like to ask you one last time to stop talking about such falsehood before I am forced to take action against you on our forums. Even if there is a board of Gamigo executives, trying to make money as a business trying to survive is not called corruption.

Thank you,

HoneyTeddy

• There is no 'dark inner circle' which you are imagining. I would like to ask you one last time to stop talking about such falsehood before I am forced to take action against you on our forums. Even if there is a board of Gamigo executives, trying to make money as a business trying to survive is not called corruption.

Do you want me to start providing proof, because many did in the past and got banned and posts got removed?

• Altough I am 100% sure the moment I start tossing in undeniable proof you will straight away ban me honeyteddy.

And even if you do it would be stupid because most people know already what I am talking about.

• You may directly PM me or [CM]Veralya the proof.

Yeah let's not tell anyone about all the mistakes gamigo made but lets blame this f2p whale guy the moment he comes with facts...

Smells like dictature, let the people know what gamigo did why silence the truth.

The pure fact nobody can post about this is a way of silencing free speech and installing dictature, not taking any form of responsability.

If gamigo had nothing to hide you would let all these people post about this stuff and appologize or make up and try to improve upon this.

If you keep walknig away from responsability and maknig up rules to cover up the dead bodies... mistakes it's not going to fix anything and make people like me and others just quit and more mad.

• So much that could be said about this....I mean when was the last time we saw a lot of GM's both on the forums and in the game? When was the last time we saw BT's posting here about the bugs they are testing/require more info on? A fair few years ago, that's when. I'll leave it at that.

• thats what im saying

how is giving more feedback even going to help? if the fiesta team, after thousands of posts / feedback / ideas still has no idea where the problems lie and how to fix them then im sorry but maybe you should get someone to help you who knows how to fix them. if gamigo prioritizes attendance, mailbox and the new battle royale kdq over actual problems then: GJ, keep it up. it hasnt worked for the last 9 years but it will work this year for sure.

• thats what im saying

how is giving more feedback even going to help? if the fiesta team, after thousands of posts / feedback / ideas still has no idea where the problems lie and how to fix them then im sorry but maybe you should get someone to help you who knows how to fix them. if gamigo prioritizes attendance, mailbox and the new battle royale kdq over actual problems then: GJ, keep it up. it hasnt worked for the last 9 years but it will work this year for sure.

"maybe you should get someone to help you who knows how to fix them"

And if that person applies he will get rejected, someone who thinks critically and dares to question Gamigo is not wanted.

Gamigo is always right eddy, please don't question them. They know what they are doing.

"Regularly, mostly once per quarter, we release more substantial content updates to keep the players engaged and entertained."

"In the second quarter, we published updates for various games, which drove organic revenue growth in these games"

source: https://corporate.gamigo.com/w…gamigo-report_Q2-2019.pdf

Employees working for gamigo:

"Management - Been threatened with "I'll murder you" by a current member of the management team for a mistake someone else made. Pay - I was never once paid on time. Teamwork - Non existent with the favorites being protected to the end."

Source; https://nl.glassdoor.be/Review…I_IE705596.0,6_KO7,14.htm?

countryRedirect=true

Management has promoted bullying and employees are fleeing the sinking ship. They keep flying in people from Germany to whip the US employees into compliance.Those who don't fall in line get fired. Those who stay are looking for other jobs. Awful environment- nobody is getting along and management is spineless to speak up to bullying against US employees.

Source; https://www.glassdoor.nl/Reviews/gamigo-Reviews-E705596.htm

Plus

-Nobody will bother you for not doing your job. -You can be late every day and take 20 smoke breaks a day. -Easy to get a job there, since nobody wants to work there anymore. -Just as good as unemployment. -You have a chance to get promoted/hired to a random position you don't know anything about.

Min

-Poor wages and environment overall. -There is nobody to teach anything to anyone. -Get blamed for going the extra mile. -Free 2 Play economy based on gambling and loot boxes. With the current drama surrounding these boxes, and since Aeria is unable to learn, future will be difficult. -Incompetent managers with less experience than their subordinates. -Old computers, cheap tools. -Dogs barking and running around the office, eating trash, damaging equipment, etc. -The office smells like a stable.

Advice

Get rid of incompetent employees. Get rid of that amateur feeling. Hire some true experts with experience from other game studios. Reward your top performers, so they don't leave after a year. Get rid of managers flirting with our customers/moderators.

Source; https://www.glassdoor.com/Revi…ew-gamigo-RVW18496127.htm

It might have something to do with this, maybe....

• You must think everyone has tons of time to spare farming... I barely have time to get on for 10 minutes per day. Hammers or no hammers, I do not farm. Do you understand now?

Well, mmorpg's is all about farming and spending time on those. Also, since you can't spend time to farm, you shouldn't have high expectations or better things than someone else that farms. I guess that's the rule. No pain, no gain. Cuz if you go full p2w, then the people that farmed a lot will get bored and eventually leave. You can't skip or haste the farming process, just because you're paying for this...