[General off-topic] Arguments against Gamigo('s decisions) thread

• why would you jail me for a name that wasnt on the restricted list after it was lvl 102 then tell me i have to buy a name change and not just gift me one? thats pretty bad its not even an offensive name its just your company name Gamigo it doesnt violate anything, the least u could do would be give me a name change not jail my whole character because i was clever enough to pick that name

If your name was along with lines of "Gamigo" it would fall under the impersonating of staff category of banned names.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• It really depends on the content. But sometimes the post gets caught in the filter and doesnt post till we check it manually.

It can take awhile depending on our schedules slimehap

LOLOL spin that tale to someone else lol

• If your name was along with lines of "Gamigo" it would fall under the impersonating of staff category of banned names.

i never claimed to be staff though i told everyone who i was never asked for anything and always offered help to any in need

• You must be one of those slow to understand type of people. No problem. I can explain again. Hammers are good because you can fix the stats on bad statted gear. However, it is not guaranteed that you will have good stats on the gear you hammer even after 10 tries. So more hammers is good, better chance to get good stats with hammers is better. Farm away, my friend, and leave the buying cheap bad-statted gear, hammering, and reselling for higher price to me.

It seems that YOU didn't understand what Sephiroth wants to say. If you buy a cheap bad-statted gear, hammering and reselling, YOU ARE NOT FARMING...got this? Means that even the bad-statted ones will turn into good ones, and that's why people will eventually stop farming, because there will be an easy way to have more godly items. Got this at least? If farming was the only way to get really nice (or even godly) gears, then EVERYONE would farm for those. Hammers provide a really passive gameplay, that makes many people to avoid the farm and to simply try their luck, just by paying for sc. Sephiroth wants to clarify the meaning of hard work and hard grinding JUST to have high chances of a really nice weapon/gear. Did you understand that now?

• It seems that YOU didn't understand what Sephiroth wants to say. If you buy a cheap bad-statted gear, hammering and reselling, YOU ARE NOT FARMING...got this? Means that even the bad-statted ones will turn into good ones, and that's why people will eventually stop farming, because there will be an easy way to have more godly items. Got this at least? If farming was the only way to get really nice (or even godly) gears, then EVERYONE would farm for those. Hammers provide a really passive gameplay, that makes many people to avoid the farm and to simply try their luck, just by paying for sc. Sephiroth wants to clarify the meaning of hard work and hard grinding JUST to have high chances of a really nice weapon/gear. Did you understand that now?

^

Also understand I am not saying this cuz I farm all day I myself have zero issue spending money I just dont think its the way this game should be and it effects the game negatively

• No I think it's both of you that are misunderstanding.

"Cheap bad-statted gear" doesn't just appear out of thin air, we may have a large surplus of gear on the server right now because of how many years this game has been around but even if there is less farming because of hammers farming will ALWAYS be a staple of the game.

Think of it like this:

Person A and person B are farming.

Person A finds a trash armor top with 10 hammers on it but doesn't want to hammer so finds 10 more armor tops with 1 of them godly.

Person B finds a trash armor top with 10 hammers on it and does want to hammer so hammers 10 times and it ends up being godly.

Both result in the same thing except person A works hard and gets rewarded while person B supports the game and gets rewarded.

I of course know there's a chance that person A or person B could end up not getting a godly piece but IT'S THE SAME CHANCE.

No one is stopping people from farming, hammers are a faster option 99% of the time but they pay money for that speed.

It's also very important to remember that ANY STATS THAT CAN BE HAMMERED ON CAN ALSO BE FARMED which prevents it's being pay-to-win.

It'd be a different story if you could get higher max stats with hammers or there was a higher chance of getting better stats by hammering but no one has proven yet that this is the case.

Currently leveling: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• LOLOL you just dont get it go back to school you need it

• LOLOL you just dont get it go back to school you need it

Don't be rude :(

You're not getting his point either

Both of you have a point. Yeah you don't need to farm as long with hammers, but you still need to farm if you don't want to spend on hammers or buy from others.

You do not always get the stats you want in 10 hammers and people who farm and don't buy hammers will still farm. If the item you need isn't in the market, you need to farm to get the correct equipment to be hammered. Your axe most likely isn't going to drop in one drop, you're more likely to get other equipment first.

Are there less people farming? Probably. But that doesn't mean people won't or can't farm, the real problem is they want items which are profitable, and this is determined by level and market demand not just stats.

You don't see people farming zombie king hardcore because most players don't buy level 30 equipment.

I don't see a problem with buying instead of farming. Some people don't like or want to farm, let them buy so farmers can sell their items to them. You still need those buyers to create a market demand for you to sell to after all. Some will buy great stats at a premium price and some will decide to buy cheaper and hammer, either way as a farmer you still make some money. If people just didn't buy, and everyone farmed, not only would you not be able to find an elite mob/boss to farm, but you also wouldn't be able to sell your gear after you get it.

People who want to farm will still farm, hammers or not.

• why did gamigo introduce soulstone back into the game when majority was against that item existing in the first place and when gamigo themselves said they will take it out of the game

• I appreciate the help and that you understand my point HoneyTeddy but I'm not taking his insult personally, ironically one of the most important lessons I learned from school is that there are people with mental disabilities that don't learn things as fast as other students and can respond differently to disagreements then people who would normally argue with logic.

Being patient and explaining things until people start to understand is the way to help people with that and similar problems.

When he's ready to argue with logic we can debate if hammers are a good or bad thing.

• I appreciate the help and that you understand my point HoneyTeddy but I'm not taking his insult personally, ironically one of the most important lessons I learned from school is that there are people with mental disabilities that don't learn things as fast as other students and can respond differently to disagreements then people who would normally argue with logic.

Being patient and explaining things until people start to understand is the way to help people with that and similar problems.

When he's ready to argue with logic we can debate if hammers are a good or bad thing.

It's good that you're not taking it personally. But it is still against our forum rules to insult other people. Please refer to section 2 and 3 of our forum rules: https://fiesta.gamigo.com/forum/index.php?thread/220-forum-rules/

Any insults can and will earn their poster a warning and forum ban.

Please feel free to continue your discussion when ready, without direct, active or passive insults or discrimination.

• You dont even play the game enough to understand the market lol no one farming vs say 2007/08 hammers 100000% have hurt this game (not profit for gamigo)

• So you are arguing that;

If a person A farms 100 pieces of gear, the resulting amount of good statted ones for sale or use, as is, is the same as if

person B farms 100 pieces of gear, 10 hammers each, and hammers them?

A) highly doubt it

B) wouldn't make any sense whatsoever

C) it's just really not.

This without taking into account the price differences or market even for bad gear, or the inflation, or the affect of cash items to farming itself.

Do you really not see the issue here? Farming ability, as well as profitability, is highly impacted by real money. Ability to BUY things in-game, as well as profit from it, is highly impacted by real money. Having in-game money is highly impacted by having real money. Even being able to make in-game money with real money is impacted by how much real money you have.

The issue isn't that you can't do anything cash-free, it's that in some cases the difference, impact, or requirement is so ridiculous, that it's almost the same as if you couldn't do it without at all. It's just catering to whales.

• Not quite, I'm saying 100 armor drops gives you the same chance to obtain a godly as hammering an armor 100 times.

If you farm 100 pieces of gear you get 100 chances to get a godly piece.

If you hammer 100 pieces 10 times each that would give you 1000 chances to get a godly piece.

So yeah not quite the same.

A) Prove otherwise, there are ways to test this.

B) Why not?

C) It's just really not...what?

You may think I don't understand what you're saying but I believe I do, less farmers means less people spending money on equipment for example and less gear flowing into the economy which is bad right?

Not necessarily, the gear that people would have NPCed before is instead being kept to be hammered so even though less people are farming more gear is being sold on the market that otherwise would not have been.

This equipment being hammered isn't coming from nowhere, it's equipment that has previously been farmed there maybe more godly items in circulation but that's not because farming has suddenly become worthless, each item is now equivalent to 11 items being dropped (ignoring the hammer reset item for now) since you get the initial stats and then 10 randomized stats on that item.

While it may destroy the need for massive amounts of gear being put into the economy it doesn't mean farming isn't beneficial to the game.

SC imbalance is a whole other issue, the higher levels have a tougher time getting even fail stated gear but that shouldn't be blamed on hammers at all, low supply and high demand causing higher prices and low accessibility that is part of economics.

• Are you not getting it lol farming is for both finding godly and selling items for profit but adding hammers the demand changes since 1 item is now 10 items due to hammers look at 135 jewels and armor they used to be 25-30G for a jewel now you can get a 10 hob for 5-8G or less do you even play this game to understand it I know honey doesnt

• The way farming has changed is they no longer need to find godly items by farming and less items are being sold, they have the option of hammering items instead.

I understand how that affects farming and how gear like the 135 jewels you mentioned are becoming more expensive and harder to find, that's because the fail stated ones are no longer seen as temporary to be used until you find a better one and sell the fail ones to other players, they are being kept.

This is causing the supply of certain gears like 135 jewels to dry up but you as a farmer know how bad the rates are on higher level items, this is a huge issue that is being made worse by hammers but not exactly caused by hammers.

I'm not unsympathetic, I know it's getting harder to sell gears because hammers were added in later when the server has an enormous surplus of gears to get through before farming starts being more in demand but now fail stated items can be +10ed and still be hammered into something useful or already +10ed items that were fail have more value.

This may sound hypocritical but I don't necessarily believe even if hammers are a good thing overall that the hammer reset item is a good idea, there should be a limit to how many times an item can be restated otherwise you could just farm 1 135 axe and then hammer it until it's perfect and never need another, although the price of that in real cash will at some point not be worth it.

I do remember when hammers were first released and had to be removed immediately because the shop kept crashing so the compromise itself was a limit of 10 hammers per item.

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Jumping Lord: Added a sentence ().

• You believe so, yet you somehow really don't seem to. It does seem like you really like stating your opinion on things nobody asked for, though.

Nevermind the fact that your reply has nearly nothing to do with the post you replied to, Angelic_heal already well explained how hammers discourage farming. You're even highlighting that point in your examples.

Each one item is now equivalent of 11, you say. So instead of having to farm for 10, even 30 pieces to get one with good stats, you need one, maybe two. That's tens of rounds less of farming for you.

Then add that while farming for that specific piece, you easily accumulate ten, twenty, or more of other pieces for varying classes. Previously you would've fed most of them to an NPC, maybe kept some for alts. But now you can sell each to other people who needed exactly those ones. Now those people don't need to farm for those gears at all, just hammer away.

Finally, scale this, taking into consideration the population in terms of gems, laziness, total time played.

When you reply to this, please address the point stated above specifically.