Shared Storage

• I have one suggestion for Fiesta. I think it will be cool and useful to have an Storage that can be shared between servers. So those ones that want to transfers to another server can take their gears and items with them. they will only have to start from the beginning, but at least they will have a purpose to start over in a populated server.

that's my idea

• Too easily exploited.

For example people will use alts on dead servers, raid, transfer said raid items to active servers, use them to OD/sell and transfer the money back and forth...you get the idea...it's part of why the server transfer was put on ice.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• but there would be no people in the inactive server in order to buy stuff from another server. most of the people don't start over because they don't want leave behind everything that took time, effort and money to get.

• This could actually revive the other servers. People would see it as 4x the chance to get raid items. Sure, you'll only see them log for 1 hour total a day for all raids, but it's a start.

• Tehnicaly not possible

Reason why the server merge had to be done manually

but we are not talking of merging, is just shared. some items says "Bound to Account" instead of "Bound to Server", so I think a shared storage between server can be possible

• I understand where you're coming from, it's a pain in the butt starting a new character on a server when you already have +ed gear for it on another server or you found a godly item on the server you don't play on often but have a perm on the one you do play on that could use it for example...

The idea is great on paper and I like it as a theory.

The problem is if there is a way to exploit it there are...less scrupulous people...who will.

The reason I mentioned the server transfer is because those people use this as a way to get around the transfer to move items across the servers and exploit the loophole.

The only way I could see this even being considered is if an item is shared and put in a server it didn't originate from becoming immediately bind on account without the ability to be unbinded so basically only you could use it and it couldn't be sold or traded around guilds.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• but we are not talking of merging, is just shared. some items says "Bound to Account" instead of "Bound to Server", so I think a shared storage between server can be possible

There's a problem with items from different servers. Basically each item is given a unique code that applies to that server. So you might on Isya have a +12 50 blue bow (as an example) with the code item 1a. On Pagel, that same code might be given to a t1 elrue. They'd have to address that problem before they can think about a cross-server storage.

The only way I could see this even being considered is if an item is shared and put in a server it didn't originate from becoming immediately bind on account without the ability to be unbinded so basically only you could use it and it couldn't be sold or traded around guilds.

This could work. I'd argue that you have to pay a tax in game to do it too (gold sink!).