Charms + Magic Potions pose too big of a problem in Arena KQ's & Guild Tournament.

• I've long used them in PvP so I'm guilty of it myself, but honestly it's mostly due to how game changing and broken Magic Potions are (and charms to some extent). In modes where you have to kill another player to achieve an objective (capturing a Windmill in GT or scoring in Arena), it creates a massive problem because some players are literally unkillable with Charms and basically EVERY player is unkillable with a Magic Potion unless you can 1 hit them (which won't happen in Arena usually because everyone is a similar level). Arena weapons are pretty overwhelmingly broken in themselves, but add on Charms and mpots and how is someone without one even supposed to have a chance? The balance difference is far too much. A player with an Arena weapon (in Arena) usually has to wear the same gear as everyone else, and that would essentially be their weakness. Add charms and mpots on that and the weakness no longer exists, and they still have far more damage than another player that doesn't have any Arena weapon.

At any rate, I think Charms and Magic Potions are great for open world fighting (like a guild war) and PvE, but for instanced PvP such as CTF Arena and Guild Tournament, they simply create an overwhelming problem that just can't be overcome even with the most extreme means (AKA doing it yourself). I mean, I even be willing to call it balanced if two equal players could kill each other charmed and mpotting, but even that isn't possible. Even two charmed Legendary users fighting each other with mpots cannot kill each other, which is pretty outrageous and seems quite illogical. Once again, in PvE I can totally understand, but in PvP where players are meant to kill each other there shouldn't be any means for anyone to become completely invincible.. which is essentially what a mpot allows players to do.

• So I think the obvious solution here would be to ban/disable the effects of charms and any mpots in arena/guild tournament.

We already know restrictions can be put on items (like warp scrolls in certain dungeons) - why not apply those same limits to charms and mpots?

And in the case of users who have charms active before entering, do a simple scan on their character before KQ/Tourney warp and prevent warping if charms are active.

Zao   HoneyTeddy What do you think of this idea as a solution?

amazingazda I think this is a valid concern to have. It's bothered me a lot of times in Arena KQ particularly. It'd be nice to see survival of the fittest be actually fair.

• I think disabling charms and magic pots would make PVP content actually more challenging and fun :) I mean it's already challenging fighting players who have enhanced/hammered all there gear, jewels and braces. Disable the steroids just for PVP content and maybe we can even test more balance on the classes.

Katahrah 135 HK ~ LilyBloom 135 Lock~ Frena 135 Glad ~ Nympha 129 SS ~Bayoneta ~129 Reaper ~ Konuichii ~ 126 Sader

Cypion ~ISYA~

• Katahrah, did you just imply gamigo needs to implement something that's fair for everyone and actually benefits overal experience for free to play players... and whales????!!!!

Something that does not involve spending and therefor might lead to a loss in revenue in the short term..!!!!???

Bold move katahrah, bold move.

• Katahrah, did you just imply gamigo needs to implement something that's fair for everyone and actually benefits overal experience for free to play players... and whales????!!!!

Something that does not involve spending and therefor might lead to a loss in revenue in the short term..!!!!???

Bold move katahrah, bold move.

Hahahaha Yes I did , crazy huh ^^

Katahrah 135 HK ~ LilyBloom 135 Lock~ Frena 135 Glad ~ Nympha 129 SS ~Bayoneta ~129 Reaper ~ Konuichii ~ 126 Sader

Cypion ~ISYA~

• Disabling charms in pvp area's won't work. Remember the pvp event? You couldn't use scrolls/charms inside there, so people went outside in Eldy to use them in there and then go back in. Same will happen with Arena or pvp area's, they'll port out and then go back in. It's a p2w game where p2w features will always be an issue, can't balance around who spends the most money.

• As Zao is no longer around (we were waiting for his reply), I will answer.

This has already been in discussion for a long time now, however we've been told we can't do it, a least until code debt is cleared. I do not have an ETA. It will not be soon, sorry.

If it were to be implemented, it would completely disable (and ideally, grey out) charms or similar, and forcefully remove the effects from charms applied before warping in the map.

• Thank you Honey Teddy for letting us know that although it cannot be implemented atm, it's being considered :)

Cypion ~ISYA~

• Potions are ALREADY disabled in pvp kq, no? Means u just need to copy code and add to GT/other pvp maps.

One of oldest veterans of game, 2008+.
    Leader of oldest guild alive in game, BandOfTheHawk (2008+).
    Godliest free players alive, 0$ invested.

Almost full cards collection.
    Author of numerous challenging videos and speed raids, top scorer of many GTs.
    Husband of a goddess.
    Facebook, Youtube, Site.... Find them on your own.

---------------

And what did YOU achieve?

About time to answer that question.

-------------
    Discord: Yaseeda#3171

• Disabling charms in pvp area's won't work. Remember the pvp event? You couldn't use scrolls/charms inside there, so people went outside in Eldy to use them in there and then go back in. Same will happen with Arena or pvp area's, they'll port out and then go back in. It's a p2w game where p2w features will always be an issue, can't balance around who spends the most money.

It could always be implemented that even though charms and whatnot are in effect on a person, upon entering these areas thos effects are temporarily removed until they leave the area. Not sure how difficult that would be to code, but it would stop people from taking advantage of being able to charm up outside and then go in with them still in effect.

Legel --> Pagel

winkwink                              slimehehe                                 slimeghost                               slimesuperangry                            slimehaha                              queenlove

|Snowtigeres 102 Gaurd | Abysinian 100 Glad | Snowpantheress 98 Archer | Twisted 74 Trix | Snowleapardess 69 Mage | Alice_Bell 68 Crus |

db318293295e45992e203437133bf3c98b9d8f07.jpg

My Discord Server   My Art

Played Since 2008 RIP Outspark

• This is a great idea. I basically log in most days just for arena and I do agree, charms and sc pots take the fun away. I've seen people use over 3m in sc pots for 1 win.

The fact that the issue hasn't been resolved, makes me think it's a monetary thing for Gamigo(as with so many other things). Why should they remove charms and sc pots for PVP KQs if they're making so much money from it? If you want to have an idea of how many people use charms and SC pots, Join 6x Arena and 10X arena.

For as long as they keep making money from it, this will never be fixed, so we'll have to deal with it. That is my opinion.

• This is why Player versus Player is build upon Slime Coins win(s). so to say that only the better person is able to win is just horsefeathers over this. why would anyone disable magic potions/legels/charms in a PVP fight? that is the whole reason for fighting arenas in the first place.