Vendor Killing in Uruga

• Hey there people,

there seem to be some people on the isya server who like to pull mobs to the vendors in Uruga. i do know a few names but forum rules don't allow the placing of those. would be lovely though if gamigo could put some effort in to giving those people a big fat banhammer.

Suppose maybe i need to send a ticket? even so i thought posting this on the forum would be a good idea.

edit: Banhammer is actually not enough since lvling a new char is quite easily possible.

• you're talking about those areas where you can aggro in town around the borders without the guards running to them and then training them into the vendor areas?, that, needs to be fixed, as in right now. i noticed that around certain edges of town and paths out of town where monsters were close to edges but not close enough to guards for assistance. you'd need someone below and someone in town, one to pull several to the edge and one to grab aggro from town and then run to the vendors.

that, needs to stop, now!

HoneyTeddy , can we move this thread to a forum where gm's can better address it?

• O'yeah I saw someone doing that yesterday.

Someone was trying to stop them but they wouldn't. They were doing it because they thought it was fun to be an idiot and they were bored. . .

People vend so they can get some money to use, such an asshole move to do.

Give them JUSTICE! :cursing:

<3dbkbpje-3a7ff566-99f3-4d18-a1e5-c2bbecb73541.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzJkYzYyYThiLTEwNmItNDc3MC1hMTRkLTdhMjE4MjQ5Y2JjNVwvZGJrYnBqZS0zYTdmZjU2Ni05OWYzLTRkMTgtYTFlNS1jMmJiZWNiNzM1NDEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.gF9pDOmzLC0dNuv8oWVEjoHxtRAETpPlAF-mNXEfHEI<3

[Forlorn]

♠ OppaKimchi ♠ ♥ OppaMandu ♥ ♣ UberOppa ♣ ♦ YooJaeSuk ♦

• I did some quick testing on Pagel and it seems that there are only 2 areas that needs to be reworked either by placing extra NPC Guards or by moving away the mobs' spawns, I think everywhere else should be safe or covered by the NPC Guards.

3zOVse7.png

wVawYsG.jpg

BLPT1gM.jpg

I certainly agree that there should be punishments for those individuals who enjoy to cause troubles to other players but I agree with that Philzey said: it's time to fix the core of the issue and prevent it from happening again once for all.

Zao - It would be nice to have this issue added to the list of bugs to fix as soon as possible.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake ().

• Well we should have a system that when your in vendor mode your house is invincible or ignored by mobs. Which should have been done ages ago.

Isya/Cypion
    Mizukia 135 Ranger

Kiriyashi 120 Gladiator
    iP00hOnya 115 Wizard

Rathia 105 Spectre
    Nursing_AID 113 Guardian
    Verdanzi_Hrdian 115 Templar
    xXDawnXx 105 Warlock

AimeKeeta 114 Knight

:thumbup:

• OR you can stop blaming the mechanics of the game and just vendor somewhere else.

Not to be rude, but there are infinite places you can vendor, and most far better than trying to vendor on a map with monsters. The problem is not the game at all, it's the players and how they decide to follow other players who are doing something that's a flawed or poor choice. There are two other cities that have no monsters which every player in the game can visit and check the items for sale (without even visiting your shop).

In times past, people would vendor in Uruga and Alberstol Ruins ONLY because the portal that can take you to any city did not exist. Return Scrolls also used to be very expensive, selling often for 1g each or more. These days they are so common that no one even buys them now. Years ago it was long and time consuming to travel between towns and so vendors would vend at the map where they believed they would get the most business. How many vendors are in AR now? None. Currently players do not vendor there because it's no longer difficult to travel and AR now has a level limit (meaning players will lose business there).

If you think "training mobs" is a problem (even with the guards there), you should instead consider starting a new trend and opening your vendor in either Roumen or Elderine. There are no monsters in those cities, and players are just as likely to visit them (if not more likely). Even if you don't want to vendor there, players can check vendors without visiting your store, so it really doesn't matter where you place your shop. There are plenty of places even in Uruga where you can vendor where mobs will not agro even when pulled.

• I get that you're playing devil's advocate here, and your solution would obviously work, but it is fundamentally wrong in ANY MMORPG for a Town to be anything but a "safe area". Obviously, the intention of Uruga is for it to be a safe space (hence the Town Guards posted all over the place to kill wandering mobs). The problem here is that you can glitch the mobs through two pieces of geometry on either side (outlined in a post above), allowing for unintended results. There are no guards in these areas because Gamigo did not intend for players to be able to pull mobs through them. Uruga has been a vendor hub for years, and to ask the entire population to lead a charge into a new town to vendor is a bit drastic as opposed to fixing the broken geometry in Uruga. A more simple community based solution would be to vendor on a higher level character but not everyone is higher level.

Hopefully this gets taken care of considering it's only two players that have been doing it all day. I think banning all the accounts linked to their IPs would teach them their lesson. Banning their throwaway accounts won't solve anything.

• It's against the terms so why not just report them via tickets with proof?

And, forcing vendors out of Uru would be much easier than fixing the problem. Think the game has enough force regulating as it is, and more shouldn't be added. The devs also (so we're told) have enough work as it is, making vendors invincible or ignored would most likely have unwanted results, or lead to unfair advantages, or require a lot of work over few very seldom people who want to ruin it for others.

• Question for the staffs HoneyTeddy   Zao . If they were to be reported in would it be a IP ban from the game itself? Or will they be able to play on a different account and still kill vendors?

Because I got the evidence to report these no life good for nothing things.

Anyways, just wondering :)

Thanks ahead of time for the answer! <3

<3dbkbpje-3a7ff566-99f3-4d18-a1e5-c2bbecb73541.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzJkYzYyYThiLTEwNmItNDc3MC1hMTRkLTdhMjE4MjQ5Y2JjNVwvZGJrYnBqZS0zYTdmZjU2Ni05OWYzLTRkMTgtYTFlNS1jMmJiZWNiNzM1NDEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.gF9pDOmzLC0dNuv8oWVEjoHxtRAETpPlAF-mNXEfHEI<3

[Forlorn]

• FYI: A IP Ban is a nice concept, but these days it is too easy for anyone to change their IP. So IP bans are not a good replacement for account bans. If you just IP ban some people they could be right back in a few minutes on same character they just got banned with.

• Honestly IT IS a mechanics problem.

Driven by curiosity I went to Isya and I've visited the Uruga map: I regret I have to note that this affected a lot of sellers since there was a significant number of low level characters in the respawning area.

I caught a couple of players luring mobs on the two main roads in the south area, down below one of them:

Image from Gyazo

The two stopped shortly after since there were players who took the trouble to safeguard others by killing the mobs.

But from what I see here -

- I can assume that their intetion is to lure a big quantity of mobs trying to glitch the NPC Guards in places where they're unable to go back to their original spot and since the remaining Guard can't keep up with the amount of mobs lured in, their access is favored and the result of their mess is what you can find in the respawn area.

Needless to say this should NOT happen.

It doesn't matter if the resposible are one or two individuals that may or may be not taken care by reports, the real issue is the fact that bringing mobs in town is totally possible when it shouldn't be.

As to why people rather vending in Uruga instead of other towns, is pretty simple: Uruga is a relatively small town but its heart offers a big area ideal for marketplace purposes, all the NPCs are close together and other utilities such as the FBZ area and the multigate are just a stone's thrown away from its centre.

Why players should change town and their markeplace habits because of a problem that could be easily solved with small simple adjustements?

As someone already pointed out, there is a reason as to why some years ago Gamigo decided to implement these NPC Guards, and if there is an exploit that invalidate their purpose then it should be corrected and taken care of.

• Well forcing vendor out Uruga will be a hard habit to break. Mobs are only fatal to vendor that are below 11 level above the mob level, so all you have to do is vend on a higher level char. But is would be nice like the old days to see everyone vending in roumen and elderine.

Isya/Cypion
    Mizukia 135 Ranger

Kiriyashi 120 Gladiator
    iP00hOnya 115 Wizard

Rathia 105 Spectre
    Nursing_AID 113 Guardian
    Verdanzi_Hrdian 115 Templar
    xXDawnXx 105 Warlock

AimeKeeta 114 Knight

:thumbup:

• FYI: A IP Ban is a nice concept, but these days it is too easy for anyone to change their IP. So IP bans are not a good replacement for account bans. If you just IP ban some people they could be right back in a few minutes on same character they just got banned with.

Typically, when people refer to an IP ban, they are referring to a ban of the IP as well as all accounts associated with said IP. Sure, they can make new accounts, but an IP ban assures that they lose the accounts they care about too.

• Typically, when people refer to an IP ban, they are referring to a ban of the IP as well as all accounts associated with said IP. Sure, they can make new accounts, but an IP ban assures that they lose the accounts they care about too.

I was not talking about making new accounts. I was saying it is very easy to change your IP address, so if the account is not also banned you would be able to just log back in with that account again. Even if you IP ban and account ban someone in a matter of minutes they can change their IP address and make a new account. A ban does not fix the problem because someone else could do the same thing, but hopefully it would make someone think twice about doing it again.

• I was not talking about making new accounts. I was saying it is very easy to change your IP address, so if the account is not also banned you would be able to just log back in with that account again. Even if you IP ban and account ban someone in a matter of minutes they can change their IP address and make a new account. A ban does not fix the problem because someone else could do the same thing, but hopefully it would make someone think twice about doing it again.

Your last sentence is basically what I meant with my statement. If they lose everything, it might actually teach them a lesson. Banning their throwaway accounts only would do nothing to resolve the issue or serve proper punishment. Regardless, the issue really needs to be addressed. They are now making vendors bin (crash) in Uruga through the use of bugged abilities now.

• I know a few people will roll their eyes when I say this but...Aution house.

Putting band-aid fixes on things every few months/years will not solve the underlying problems, trolling will always exist in fiesta due to the repetitive boredom.

If this is fixed they'll just find another exploit (is the mounting-vendor crash still around? or the trade scam? willing to bet something is)

I'm not saying bad behavior shouldn't be punished but if the environment allows this sort of thing to take place it should be changed not just patched.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• Auction house would be wonderful, but don't think they will implement it because apparently they have "too much" on their hands atm.

But if there were a chance they considered it, that would be a life savior. Prevents lag in towns and would save people so much time.

[Forlorn]

• i'm with cupcake on this, and lord, an auction house would be so much better than sitting in a personal store for hours on end, but they sell microtrans for items to improve vending. if that turns out to be too profitable to give up, there might need to be a discussion about "what's in it for us" with the company.

if an auction were to be implemented, i'd suggest one in each town with the same level limits as all the other npc's in the game (skill masters specifically). so people can shop for what they need,......WHEN they NEED it. there's going to be people who can't get with that concept and shop for the highest level items they can find anyway, but it makes more sense to shop around their current level when inventories fill up so fast and so often. a downside to auctions is the same as an open market, people selling items for amounts far greater than an average player can afford, and in an auction house, they could, if proper rules against it weren't in place, corner the market on a lot of things, making them nearly impossible to purchase.

a better way to go would just be an additional page. but overall, i'd be satisfied with a simple parameter fix that couldn't be glitched through to prevent monster type npc's from being affected by nearby player aggro from inside a city. in short, adjust the city's aggro boundary. doing so to the players or other npc's would be problematic.

example, monsters turn back at the stairs, not UP them, and they don't climb city borders, simple syntax. Trump the cities and build an invisible wall, (joke about making somebody else pay for it)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Philzey ().

• Agreed on auction house. We essentially have the baseline for it (the shop searching feature). Just remove the vendoring part and allow buying an selling directly to that interface. But, with new features comes new bugs, this is Gamigo afterall. I think for now we need a temporary bandaid.