Gold Sink Ideas

• OK, so Zao has suggested that the 1g price per puzzle attempt is here to stay as it's a good gold sink. Personally, I disagree with this, as the richer, older players probably have these titles from the first time the puzzles were in the game and won't bother again, and newer players or those starting over on Isya don't have this kind of cash available. Also, it was meant to be a bit of fun! :)

I think there a lot more viable gold sinks that could be introduced. Some have been discussed before, and are not my idea, but I think it's worth putting them in here again to keep ideas all in one thread. If you can think of others, please feel free to add them and I'll update this post accordingly.

1) In game payment to ensure enhancement success after x number of attempts

This idea wouldn't harm the sc sales, as you'd still need bundles to stop items from breaking/improve the rate etc, but would help to reduce the number of bundles needed to get to +12. I'm thinking along the lines of ensured success after 5 attempts, so that you're guaranteed +2 from every bundle, as a minimum. More people would then enhance, so more bundles would be sold, and the weapons wouldn't be worth silly money in game, improving the economy! :)

2) In game payment for unbind items

OK, so this means less sc purchases, BUT in the long run this will help out in the in game economy as more items will be available to purchase, driving prices down. Perhaps this can be counteracted by a reduction in the + of an item that's unbound? Not to 0, but one less than the original +value....no doubt this will be an unpopular idea lol, but combined with idea no 1, this is a mighty gold sink!

3) Guild halls

I've made this suggestion in the past. I think that guilds should have a meeting hall (think medieval great halls in looks), similar to the estates, and you could pay with in game cash to get items (I'm thinking suits of armour) that would help your guild with drop rates/exp rates etc. They'd have a time limit on them, so you'd need to renew to continue to reap the rewards. I also would like to see areas where you can practice for guild wars incorporated into this, with a spectators area for academy members so they can watch and learn!

4) In game payments for server wide boosts

This method relies on the community. The more that gets paid in, the better the boost, to a maximum %. Yes, this is a method that would need a lot of work, as not all servers have the same number of players/cash available etc so would be different for each server, and it would need to adjusted monthly in any case for the amount of cash players have on servers. For example, in month one the price on Isya might be hundreds of thousands of gems. I'm sure that would be achieved. Month two, however, might need to be reduced to tens of thousands. Or it might be that it happens for a month, then comes back after 3 months at the same price, when the gems have been earnt again.

5) Cross server storage
    Items placed into this storage would be immediately made bind on account without the ability for unbinding, so basically only you could use it and it couldn't be sold or traded around guilds. Charge a fee for this service in-game too.

6) The purchase of sc items using in game currency
    Hammers are used a lot to get decent statted items. Possibly make the in game hammers re-roll one stat only (which the player chooses), so that sc store hammers are still worth purchasing? Or this idea could work too

7) The purchase of extra marriage perks using in game

As it says really, you could use in game cash to open up a wedding skill/perk, such as a 25% increase in the drop rate! Find out more about this here.

A new system for hammers would be nice. For example, greens and blues require hammers that can be purchased from NPCs, while yellows/legs require SC hammers.

I'm sure that I've missed other ideas, but this is just a start :)

• As Zao stated, the puzzle event required little to no work to implement. All your suggestions would require a lot more than work, so much, that Id argue it would halt everything else gamigo supposedly is working on.

I agree with your disagreeing with Zao, 1 gold for an event like this is not a sufficient gold sink method. Especially when you can just stand next to that person and you'll get the buff either way. I havent looked into how many people near the winner / payer receive the buff but its probably 5 if not 10 people. 1 gold for 5/10 people for a 1hour buff, is that a gold sink? Gamigo has probably no idea how to do that.

Every suggestion SittingPretty mentioned either cuts Gamigos earnings or would require a lot more work. #4 will never work out because Fiesta is not a Communitybased game and everyone is selfish.

My suggestion is an NPC selling buffs / potions with various effects: 1G for a 1hour 20% GM exp or droprate buff. 10Gs for a 100% buff. Something which would require a little bit more work is adding buffs that boost stats which are currently not boostable like HP or movementspeed. Or sell DQ tickets for 10G each for +1 more hour. Either way, the more P2W a buff/item gets, the higher the chance gamigo implements it.

• All your suggestions would require a lot more than work, so much, that Id argue it would halt everything else gamigo supposedly is working on.

I'm not suggesting that a good gold sink won't take work, but I think it's something that gamigo should be looking at and working on alongside other issues. Hence my post to keep it in the public eye so to speak :) Also, as I stated, this is a collection of ideas, not all are mine!

• You're being too fancy about it. There is a simple solution

Add hammers to NPC with 4g per hammer or 4G for 10 uses.

Sales might suffer naturally but here is a potential result of this

1. All items would have some value to them as long as they have hammer tries. We're at a point that many items aren't worth anything and are considered "NPC Food" because nobody wants to buy them, nobody wants to buy hammers from the store and use on something bad that has a possibility of ending up bad regardless.

2. Amazing gold sink as you can never have enough hammers. Anything you farm, you could hammer and hope for better stats then sell.

3. Motivate farming as most likely many items on market won't have any hammer tries on them so you gonna have to farm your own.

• Gamigo wouldn't sell hammers for anything under 4G per try, have you seen how expensive hammers are in the store? XD

Also your math is weird, 4g × 10 is 40g, not 400g (4G) o.o

• Add hammers to NPC with 40g per hammer or 4G for 10 uses.

I really like this idea as well, though I think the hammer system needs a rework alongside drop rate increases.

On the other hand, I don't really think a gold sink is needed right now. Logging into Isya now and then and prices seem even cheaper than they were a year ago when I stopped playing. I'd rather have the items or boosts activated through common drops across all dungeons so people are encouraged to farm and play the game.

Right now it feels bad to play the game since it's so unrewarding and pointless.

• It still gonna feel that way even with drops boost. Take OC for example. 100% drop rate yet not many do it because many of the drops are "NPC food"

If hammers were available from an NPC then every drop could end up being decent.

• An npc selling hammers would be great c:

Or just buying hammer tries automatically from the anvil would be awesome as well.

Maybe 2~3G's per attempt?

Then again knowing gamigo, they'd only want to make profit off of any idea they see worth the couple bucks. X/

<3dbkbpje-3a7ff566-99f3-4d18-a1e5-c2bbecb73541.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzJkYzYyYThiLTEwNmItNDc3MC1hMTRkLTdhMjE4MjQ5Y2JjNVwvZGJrYnBqZS0zYTdmZjU2Ni05OWYzLTRkMTgtYTFlNS1jMmJiZWNiNzM1NDEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.gF9pDOmzLC0dNuv8oWVEjoHxtRAETpPlAF-mNXEfHEI<3

[Forlorn]

♠ OppaKimchi ♠ ♥ OppaMandu ♥ ♣ UberOppa ♣ ♦ YooJaeSuk ♦

• A new system for hammers would be nice. For example, greens and blues require hammers that can be purchased from NPCs, while yellows/legs require SC hammers.

• If you wanted a gold sink idea why didn't you guys contact me. Look at this plan, Gamigo puts bosses in abyss, abyss revives, Gamigo puts vendor in abyss that sells item that allows to basically purchase a 1 meter by 1 meter zone of abyss for a day and you can buy 50 of these per day. So basically you can own 50 small zones of abyss a day and can place them in the abyss however you like but can't overlap on other players zones. Now, this property that you own for the day can be of many different to types (deal burn dmg to enemy if they enter zone, slow down enemy if they enter your zone etc...) . Everyday you need to buy new zones, what better gold sink can you have than that. Everyone moves into abyss to conquer it (which only I will be able to do) and we have 24/7 abyss pvp due to the bosses in abyss and property owning. Win win, perms come back, we out number capped ppl, capped people look how interesting perms are, they leave cap and make perms. Perms take over the server. It's as simple as that, I have it all planned. +1 this down below

- Average is fine, I am NOT a loser

• It still gonna feel that way even with drops boost. Take OC for example. 100% drop rate yet not many do it because many of the drops are "NPC food"

If hammers were available from an NPC then every drop could end up being decent.

I don't really agree. I think OC was a great dungeon. The drops were also great since the stat cap was so high. Nobody does it because all the other raid content at 125 cap is garbage. Nobody perms at 125.

• Add a fee onto the gate portals. Low level places like Roumen/Forest of mist could be free, and higher level places like Uruga could be 5s or more. As a bonus it gets rid of gold spammers.

It is a small fee, but they get used all the time whitch will add up and it isn't unreasonable considering before the gate portal had Uruga and higher level maps on it people would buy the tp scrolls for 100s~300s.

• Add a fee onto the gate portals. Low level places like Roumen/Forest of mist could be free, and higher level places like Uruga could be 5s or more. As a bonus it gets rid of gold spammers.

It is a small fee, but they get used all the time whitch will add up and it isn't unreasonable considering before the gate portal had Uruga and higher level maps on it people would buy the tp scrolls for 100s~300s.

No. No fee on the town gates. When they put the portals in, that was one of the best ways they revived all the towns, putting a fee on it is just ridiculous. Teleport scrolls were mostly bought for when out in the field or for guild wars. Not just for going from town to town. This will again kill off people playing the game. People act like gold sinks are because EVERYONE has gems upon gems, but your average person and new people do not. Gold sink ideas should be left for extras for the people who have a bunch of gems and do not mind wasting them on some novel idea, not on things that are used for every day game play.