Accounts Hacker Cases

• This sounds absolutely terrible.

I'm not too sure what's going on personally as I have no real insight on the situation. But it honestly looks like you've been keylogged. Do some research off-pc on how to deal with these kinds of situations.

That is as much as I can think of given the circumstances. I hope this gets sorted out.

In no way shape or form affiliated with Gamigo games. Do not DM me asking for personal assistance regarding forum or in-game accounts.

• - - so when I managed to log back in (because as usual, they had changed the password so I had to reset the password - -

Not a noob, guys.

- - I didn't know I had to change my Gamigo.com account password as well. Why are there two passwords I have to change now? I thought the only password I had to be concerned about was the game password. Anyway, thanks for the helpful tip. I appreciate it. - -

Okay mr. not-a-noob. There have always been two passwords to worry about with gamigo. The whole point of the massive leaks they suffered was that login information of the gamigo accounts, not individual games, were leaked. Those will never go away.

I can't for the life of me tell you why there isn't any type of account armor on either one, such as via MAC or phone verification, or why even when changing your game password it doesn't even ask to type the old one or require as simple as email verification to make sure YOU are the one changing it, but that's how it is. And apparently even though it's still mainly caused by gamigo's collective oopsies, players suffer from it and they'll tell you they can't do anything about it and it looks like it's your own fault.

So change those passwords. Don't be a noob. And if you use Chrome, get the password checkup extension (the official one from google that is). It can't help you with everything but it's something.

So now. Is there someone left who claims to have been hacked, yet vows they never shared their login information personally, never used same login information on any other site, service, game, or pserver, and factually changed their gamigo information after the leaks as was urged, and still somehow got "hacked"?

• While that statement leaves much information to be desired, mrjaco , these cases usually stem from the issues Lycaria is mentioning. Account security is something most people don't think enough about, even if they think they did.

And why haven't we added something like 2-step verification? Well Fiesta Online is an old lady, and we have to treat her gently.... we have to clear up the code debt and update everything before we can even begin to consider adding something like that successfully. 💛

• And why haven't we added something like 2-step verification? Well Fiesta Online is an old lady, and we have to treat her gently.... we have to clear up the code debt and update everything before we can even begin to consider adding something like that successfully. 💛

not good enough. Considering your game portal has one master password, it would make most sense to strengthen the security of that (you know, the parts that are especially provenly vulnerable).

It has nothing to do with the game or its code debt and requires nothing from its devs. In fact, implementing more security in one single game, idealizing mount pins and whatnots, would be wasteful. Focus should be on the portal side.

• I am not sure what you mean, and that may be due to my ignorance, but as far as I know, there has been one major leak a lot of years ago, and things that have happened since are all due to the combination of that old leak and people leaving accounts inactive or not bothering to update their password security.

As I said, we are not ignorant to the fact that there is improvements to be done, but a lot of account issues could have been avoided if everyone would take general internet security more seriously (meaning using different passwords for different online services etc.)

If you do think I am missing something, please let me know. Thank you!

• Why has gamigo not implemented other options for players to secure their account. Ie two factor authentication? Some of us want our accounts secured but we aren’t given wide enough options to do so.

As for gamigo data protection leak. Yes, that happened years ago and I’m sure changes behind the scenes have occurred. However, from a users perspective I don’t feel we are being offered a high enough levels of security options we could utilise should we wish to do so.

I was going to write more but cannot find the energy to do so :x This relates to the gamigo support system and how much it is lagging behind. Allowing account take overs to happen in rare cases.

• I am not sure what you mean, and that may be due to my ignorance, but as far as I know, there has been one major leak a lot of years ago, and things that have happened since are all due to the combination of that old leak and people leaving accounts inactive or not bothering to update their password security.

As I said, we are not ignorant to the fact that there is improvements to be done, but a lot of account issues could have been avoided if everyone would take general internet security more seriously (meaning using different passwords for different online services etc.)

If you do think I am missing something, please let me know. Thank you!

I mean that Fiesta the game with its code debt has little (if anything) to do with username/password handling. Even less with your game portal password, which should be the one you strengthen. If you're going to update security, it's the same to do it for all your titles at once, right?

You're absolutely right, but that doesn't mean it's okay to say. Of course if users of service did what they're told and what is expected of them, everything would be so much better. But they don't, and won't. Providers (companies) take it upon themselves by increasing security through varying ways, because not doing so costs THEM money. It causes THEM bad press. Dents THEIR image. Customer doesn't care, they endure, or go to competitor.

Customer is always right, so you sweep the fault under a rug and find ways to customer-proof your system so it won't trouble you again.

• This happened to me too, I lost all my money and sent a ticket and they got back to me saying that they see the trade in their files that at this time this character traded another this amount of money. And then proceeded to tell me that it is my fault for " I might have shared my account info somehow, opened an e-mail attachment from someone I didn't know, or had some sort of keylogger or spyware, or got free credit (money) from someone, or bought gold" and i replied saying that I have NOT done these and NO ONE knows my info from me. but they just said sorry can't do anything if you want to go to the cops you can cause even online it is still stealing. that's all i got. still pissed about this.

kebing~ Satella89 ~ Natsuki89 ~ Suki89 ~ Nuriko89 ~ Miyuki89 ~ Akabane89 ~ jokerkebing

slimeghost ~ Tella89 ~ Splicer89 ~ MiniSplice89 ~ Rosette89 ~ Astrid89 ~ Aloy89 ~ queenlove

slimeking ~ RIP Epith ~ winkwink

slimehahacoinslimeemperor

khazul

• Tried to post yesterday on this thread already but I guess the post wont get enabled here... so again...

I got hacked the 2nd time now. The first time I was on break so I wasnt sure when it happened exactly. This time it was between the 12.-13. October.

I sent again a ticket, even with screenshots of my stuff which got sold in Uruga from a vendor for cheap yesterday...

The answer of gamigo was the same auto message like the last time- there are no hacks appearing, talking about keyloggers and other badware... and of course it happens mostly when you share account and all this stuff... And they don't see the need to make up for it.

So Ill finally quit this game, thanks gamigo you lost another 2 paying costumers.

• We are sorry to hear that this has happened to many people, however the recovery process can be complicated. Please keep in contact with ticket support as they handle your case for this issue. Send any proof you have to the ticket team as well by attaching them in your email. Keep in mind, your screenshot an video proof needs to be unedited, in full screen and showing the in game time and date box. The GM team cannot and will not help any account related cases as we do not have access to the tools.

If you have shared your information leading to your account being compromised, there is nothing we can do. In the case of keylogging, it is much harder to verify this as a keylogger potentially has all your private information, including other sensitive information like your bank details. In this case, depending on your country laws, you can and should contact your local police force for cyber crime. Be aware that there are other ways to steal information, such as private servers, (which are not legal and should not be mentioned or advertised on our forums or in game) also pose as a possible point of information farming.

To eliminate the risk of viruses or keylogging, always make sure you have your security software running. (Windows defender, antivirus, anti malware). You can also google for a secure and legal computer protection and/or anti-key-logging software. Do not download and open suspicious files online.

Please always make sure you use a proper email address to create your account, and remember what it is and how to log into it. The verifying process tends to go much smoother when you use your original email account to send your ticket.

Please give as much accurate information as you can when ticket support asks you for a list of information to verify and recover your account.

There are some things you can do to improve your security:

Do not, under any circumstances, share your personal information (such as email, username, and password), and be wary if you are unknowingly giving away personal information which you have used or that can be used as your verification details (including secret question answers, such as birthdates, place of birth, your family history, your pet's history).

You can use a password safety software or you can manually change all your passwords and email every now and then. (You can send a ticket from your original email to change your account's email). Be aware that you have two sets of data to change each time: Your mygamigo information, and your Fiesta account information. They are linked but will not automatically change together. Remember to change them both to something not similar to your previous information.

If you fully believe your case has not been settled appropriately and that you are not at fault, please privately message your ticket number and situation to [CM]Zao to check it.

We will now close this thread.

Thank you,

Your Fiesta Online Team~