6/26/19 & 07/03/19 Maint. Discussion

• We need to know what you guys are prioritizing, what you INTEND to fix, what you are adding, and what you are changing/removing.

Q&A us, and then do WORK AROUNDS to meet both our needs, and yours as a company.

With all due respects,

Shawn - That one guy everyone hates to love and loves to hate 8)

Edit: Here's the patch notes...

Client Version: 1.02.250

Changes & Fixes:

• Fixed a bug with skill empowerment which caused a server crash if an invalid skill ID was specified
    • Fixed a bug which let users teleport using the teleport gate, regardless of their location
    • Added a server-side check for chat length so it will no longer be possible to exceed the maximum chat length
    • Fixed a bug which caused a client to crash if it received an invalid chat length message
    • Fixed an exploit with the character keymapping packet which caused a server restart
    • Fixed an exploit with the guild tournament packet which caused a server restart
    • Fixed an exploit with the guild emblem packet which caused a server restart
    • Updated the encryption method used by the client
    • Encrypted the client to prevent reverse engineering of the encryption method. This may cause some antivirus programs to flag the Fiesta binary as a virus, but this is a false positive and a whitelist should be created
    • Activated the Water Balloon kingdom quest. This will remain active until 10th of July
    • Activated the “Swim Ming” NPC. This will remain active until the 17th of July
    • Updated the shop items of “Swim Ming”
      • Replaced the item [Multi] Shark House (7 Days) with Roumen's Lighthouse (7 Days)
      • Replaced the item Ducky the Duck (Permanent) with Draotter (Permanent)

Some nice things in here for the stability of the game, and the summer KQ is back. Nice to see that they replaced the duck with draotter...and the lighthouse. Meh. But the overall security fixes and exploit removals are always welcomed.

See, this wouldn't have been an issue to address to the community right away, as these fixes are always something we like to see. You can even do simple teasers of whats to come, not be cryptive and drop us subtle lil bull<censored> meme's or horribly drawn pictures *shrugs*

Edit #2: This is unexpected...

Wonder whats to be taken care off or added this time around? Or does it have something to do with the KQ acting up again? A small amount of insight would be appropriate.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shawn_V01: Added Patch Notes for 07/03/19 ().

• Hello Shawn,

No problem, we are not leaving you guys in the dark, it just takes a little searching. Here's the priority list: [Info] Development Processes and Virtual Transparency

Priority 1

Attendance fulfillment & reward rework

Priority 2

The next part of our Class Rebalance project

Priority 3

Upgraded Mailbox system

Past posts on server stability: [Info] Server stability - 02/28/19 Isya Server Issues 06/12/19

What we are changing: [Info] Ticket System Migration Important Cash Shop Announcement!

Transparency on in game changes: https://fiesta.gamigo.com/forum/index.php?thread/5899-info-the-future-of-the-attendance-system/ https://fiesta.gamigo.com/forum/index.php?thread/6727-info-current-state-of-the-game-mechanics/

Some other information: Insider Information

Of course, we are always open to constructive discussion on the forums, simply create your suggestion in the suggestion subsection or discuss existing issues in general or technical support subsections. Just because we do not always reply doesn't mean we aren't listening - or reading in this case.

Happy Gaming :)

HoneyTeddy

• So what are you guys planning to do on the class rebalance? Do you guys even acknowledge the weaknesses of the classes? I don't know, I kinda just gave up after the extremely vague responses.

• Okay...so that has nothing to do with posting PATCH notes...

Would be advisable for you guys to literally POST patch notes a week before maintenance, and take our Q&A sessions to heart or find out exactly HOW we feel about what you all there at gamigo are about to do.

That is what I am requesting, transparency wise.:rolleyes:

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• lol attendace reward rework LOLLLLLL, instead use the old one we always have from the beginning you guys change for something useless then rework, Master of piece of 2020

then come the mailbox system, that doesnt need at all, who care about those offline , if they online they can use WHISPER to sme1 they want to talk, lets image you send a mail box to a offline which not online for more then weeks, what is the point after weeks when he logg? and the 1 whispered him quitted or not online for days, there are many programm similiar to discover , skype, ..... they can use, So Spar our time for that pls

• How does knowing what the patch notes are a week earlier change anything? By that point it's way too late to suggest any changes as I assume they are most likely in the QA stages or have finalised the patch. Besides there are no test servers so we can't help them QA anything.

Knowing the patch before or after it is applied has nothing to do with transparency because they are announcing the patch logs either way. Just be a little patient?

• Pretty sure part of the reason it is not announced before maintenance is due to the fact that things could change during the process. This has happened before back when the patch notes were announced and later they had to update it to inform everyone that "so and so" was not included or had to be removed from the update. What's the point in them telling "These are the patch notes" just to later change it for some unforeseen reason?

• To be fair, while the class rebalance is never really good, and, like the skill animation thing, can be completely disastrous, having weird new things that break the game is kind of fun after 10 years of the same min-maxing.

So power to ya.

Also fix drop rate 8(

• Oh im just one for knowledge of where I spend my money and where its going.

Hell, even if they drop them on us mid-month, we can poke and prod and HELP them better the game for everyone's sake...cause like what they did at the beginning of may...that made a LOT of people walk away from the game for awhile...thus lost revenue...hell, some of those people haven't even came back! (guilty, I'm one of them)

What we the community needs, is a little more openness and transparency. I know these guys at Gamigo hate getting flamed, but if they were to actually take us SERIOUSLY and listen to what we have to say, and if the changes they propose to us are solid and set into stone...they need to tell us WHY and give a detailed reason behind the change. Not just expect us to bend over and ride "that train" while we pay them for it. (facepalm)

SO!...

That is all I'm getting at here, that's all.

• I think what you're asking for then is a test server, where changes are applied there first, tested and feedback is given.

• Nope. No need for a test server.

Gamigo just needs to be upfront and honest with us about what they're trying to do with the game and actually let us partake in it. They say they want our opinion, they want our money, they want our continued support...well, how can we offer them that *except for the money* when all they do is pitch us stuff AFTER changes are made?

Sure, a lot of gaming companies hold out until they make the changes, and it drives people crazy...but for a company that claims they want to be transparent with its populous, they're doing a half-assed job to be perfectly honest. Especially since they want our "invaluable" input and discussion in regards to things.

All I'm saying is that they need to start dropping the patch notes on us before-hand if they wanna be as transparent as they're stating they want to be. Being that crystal clear will give them a very insightful indication of WHAT we are expecting, and if a change is going to cause a lot of problems with the way the game operates, we can point it out to them to fix it asap...not drag their feet for two months while we suffer. (exaggeration here, don't get bent now people...)

• I disagree. I believe test server is needed.

They can drop rebalance changes as frequent as they want on test server and just have free feedback.

It is in a way resolving the transparency issue as well. Not to mention, knowing such information early helps people prepare for it.

If say changes were made to level +40 dungeons then you would make an alt before the patch drops or try it out on the test server.

Also I'm going to take a shot at the developers and say that they either unable to do their job or prevented from doing so.

There is no excuse for not having new content for such a long period of time.

Smaller teams and at times even individuals push new content faster than Fiesta's team.

These bugs existed in the game for years and it isn't "amazing" that they fixed them. It's honestly embarrassing that it wasn't done earlier.

• Shawn_V01 You're clearly missing the points Kentomaru and myself brought up about the patching being peculiar state where everything is finalised yet at the same time if something goes wrong while they are patching onto live servers, there is a chance for the patch to change entirely or be completely reverted.

You never answered my question about what would change if you knew the patches a week or even a month earlier. Like they've already worked on that content, so let's say your feedback is for them not to add it to the game, you expect them to just throw away an entire months worth of content?

If we had a test server, like Epinoia said, they can push the patches there first, which the players can then test and give feedback on before it's released to the live servers.

Anyway, I don't agree with your vision and I don't think it will help us in anyway. This is not a transparency issue like you're making it out to be. They are not holding the patch logs from us, if that was the case then yeah it would be a transparency issue. You even agreed that a lot of companies post patch logs on the day of patch, that's very standard across all if not most games.

• Fair points all made, Ive just been a bit overwhelmed with a few things here lately.

I wasn't really paying too much attention - but now that I get where you are all coming from, fair enough.

A test server would be viable - but I have a feeling it wouldn't last long as the overly abundant backlash they receive from us on just about everything they do, they more than likely wont keep the server up very long *shrugs*

Im just asking for them to start posting their notes to us early, so we can adjust our gameplay accordingly or point out the flaw(s) that it will cause with other game mechanics. So, I guess a test server is needed - but regardless...just being in the know before hand is all that I am askin'

• Test servers are all well and good, BUT they can't mimic live servers. For example, things might play out just fine on the test server with lets say 100 people online. But the live server might have 1000 and that could be what creates a problem. So you'd still have people raging about content that's rubbish, the game crashing etc etc etc.

Releasing patch notes a day earlier, or even as soon as the servers go down for maintenance, would be great, and used to happen(!), so that people can start discussing the changes whilst waiting to get back into the game. Any obvious flaws can then be picked out and sorted while the maintenance takes place (assuming the devs/CM's etc watch the forums during maintenance that is!).

• Releasing patch notes a day earlier, or even as soon as the servers go down for maintenance, would be great, and used to happen(!), so that people can start discussing the changes whilst waiting to get back into the game. Any obvious flaws can then be picked out and sorted while the maintenance takes place (assuming the devs/CM's etc watch the forums during maintenance that is!).

Gamigo did this in one of the waypoint patches (part of a really big patch set with a lot of fixes and adjustments) but unlike the EN servers, on NA the patch implementation was a total disaster and Gamigo decided to delay a large part of its content in order to stabilize the servers.

The uproar received by the community was so intense that it is understandable why Gamigo took the decision to no longer provide the patch notes in advance anymore. honeysad

As for the test servers, they are really a great resource and a huge help, but if we consider how the public rebalance server project performed in the past, it is as well understandable why Gamigo is no longer offering this option: too many players access the test servers but very few really take the "test" part seriously.

Not to mention the fact that Gamigo will have to provide some commands in an alternative way since it is not possible for them to give to everyone access to official admin powers and tools.

The last time we had an public test experience it was when it was offered to community to join some "Challenges" in order to test the XignCode protection: all you had to do was simply playing and levelling on their test server and submit a feedback (completely optional).

There were also some prizes set if you reached certain levels but sadly a lot of players weren't willing to partecipate because they didn't find the rewards enticing enough.

I joined both the testing parts and I counted about 5 other players total in my whole experience which sums up the fact that not so many people are willing to volunteer and spending their time testing without a benefit on their end, which makes the whole public server project something that is not worth wasting time to organize for a large audience.

If your goal is to help the game with anything that concerns specific testings on contents/bugs then probably the best option is to apply as a BT or else you can continue to provide suggestions and feedbacks like many players do via Discord/Forum

• Discord Server is a total cluster <censored> of a bunch of elitist's that think they know everything and anything in regards to a particular class or area of the game, when chances are...these tools were just p lvl'd. Not very many people (like myself) can state that they have been around since open beta and STILL stuck around and played, especially as long as I did/have/will/would.

Pretty sure that all the elite's on the discord channel are a mass majority of less than 5 year's of playing experience. I am sure we (those of us who have been around since the GLORY days) can ask questions to this group, and majority of them will either say "I don't remember..." or "that's old news, who gaf?" etc.

Prime example: What was the GO-TO spot for BK weapons upon their initial release? Google will NOT give you the Accurate Answer, I will tell you this right now, and nor will FiestaFan.

Second Example: Where was Helga ORIGINALLY located upon his initial release? Once again, Google and FiestaFan will NOT help.

Only people from the OLD days will know the answer

TL;DR

I'd gladly take up arms solely on a test server, as long as I know WHAT was changed before I go messing around and checking for any exploitable snags, introduced bugs, tweaks in code that weren't intentional, etc.

This is what we're getting at. Lots of us KNOW when somethin' is amiss, or noticeably muffed up, we avoid it...then you have the elitist who come in and take advantage of the issue to better suit their gain and others loss. Prime example - the ML HC glitch, as well as the LN Snake Glitch (How LN grinding was discovered), and then of course, the FW bug...which made DT and Shella's a NIGHTMARE...

I could go on and on and on...but do you get where I'm coming from?

• As far I could see, Fiesta NA Discord platform is mostly used by the majority of players as a quicker version of technical support, Q&A area or to give quick notification/feedbacks in case servers starts acting up or to highlight patch/game errors.

Frankly speaking I don't get your point, you do not need to know the whole history of this game or be a beta tester in order to offer help or be knowledgable about the game.

There are many players who have less year of playing experience but are still incredibly good at figure out the game mechanics and are more than up to date about anything concerning the game at its current stage.

Lastly:

• Im aware of that.

Keep in mind, I am on the discord server...and no, I will not reveal my name.

I've seen a relatively harsh amount of backlash from the community versus community when it comes to "certain" areas of discussion.

When bugs arise, or something is caught...there are people that will literally within minutes, jump to check it out, find out what it does and either abuse it or ignore it.

Remember the Gabriel Set glitch? There were other ways around it, and people figured it out, and even spread the rumor on the "darker side" of the channels. I tested the bug, submitted various forms of HOW it was being exploited with and without the set, and the obvious one was deleting the .nif for casting animation which would literally FREEZE your character in place allowing for spam use...to an extent. I reported my findings through an OLD account...and low and behold, fixed...pretty sure others did the exact same thing I did.

Point is, there are people on that channel who act like Fiesta is their job, and take it soo seriously as if it were a main way of life. I dislike those types of people, and utterly have a zero tolerance for that kind of attitude and behavior in my office space. I've recently fired someone for down-talking one of my employees due to a few assignments I had to pass on to others that were seeking more knowledge and versatility within the company. They were a smidge clueless, and had this arrogant ass clown start throwing a hissy fit because the employee I tasked the assignment to, started to fall behind.

People, in the discord channel, are rude and very self centered, especially our capped players - very rarely will you see them actually offer advice or to lend an assist to the struggling community...or they pitch a huge <censored> fit because people ask for advice or an assist...call them morons, noobs, dumb asses, etc.

we're starting to drift off topic here...so let this be the end of it.

TL;DR

Fiesta's elite community are $@#holes...and so are some of the newbies and those with mild/moderate experience.

No one wants to deal with a know-it-all, and I for sure am NOT one...there are things about this game I still don't know, but when it comes to the common and uncommon practices and utility of the game, including knowledge, I have enough to share insightful wisdom and offer help in and out of game.