Gamingo Response (missing characters)

• I have been a north american player since Outspark had control of the game. I took a long break and decided to come back to the game but my account was locked so I messaged them and they unlocked it but I didn't get any communication from them regarding the account request and/or it being fulfilled. When I got in I am missing 2 of my characters including my main, Serendipity (level 70+ cleric with T3 abilities). I have messaged Gamingo on this but again no notification of request received or a support ticket number. Is this normal for them and if so how long should it take to get my additional 2 characters back?

• Did you check all servers? Also awhile back, the very first transfers some people were able to move characters to a different account. Worst case but could've happened if you account shared and someone moved them.

• I logged in and I have characters split across multiple servers like was suggested. Now the question is which server to play on? I have 2 on Isya and 2 on Jenira. Should I move to all to one of those or to the new server Enid?

• The most active server right now is Isya so if you are just coming back it would be nice playing there, because if you took a long break be prepared a lot of stuff changed and leveling became quite easier.

• So I am being told they can't migrate my characters to the same server which I find to be a load of crap since they were on the same server to begin with. Any suggestions?

• That's correct unfortunately. They supposedly looked at all sorts of things, such as where people on your friends list went when they did the merge. How true that is....*shrugs*

I'd suggest you start new chars on whichever server you want - perhaps plvl yourself if you have that option.

• It doesn't make any sense to have split characters across 2 servers when all were on 1 server to start with. Guess the game is telling me I shouldn't come back and play as the amount of lost game play is huge.

• yeah, I think they should of placed all the characters which were on the same account on the same server, if you didn't have the opportunity to place them on the server of your liking during the merge.

• Hello Sponge100 , I can fully understand your frustration. You had a good setup, return a few years later, and everything changed.

Still, while you may not see any logic or sense in it doesn't mean we did it out of spite. Quite frankly, our logic was to repopulate all servers, not create a super server that can't hole the amount of players and three perfectly well-working dead servers.

As is obvious now, the plan did not work as intended, still it was a viable option at that time.

Right now, Jenira has a very low population. The few people there seem to like it like that, although they would love to have a few more people on for group content.

Apart from that, I am looking into ways to attract old and new players alike to the more empty servers.

• I been noticing that little by little there's been less shops in elderine. Even investing in cash shop items isn't helping, since the drop rate has become so bad even with 100% rants. Repetition is only good when it's rewarding. I know the community has made plenty of suggestions, but in all honesty it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Just a matter of time for iysa to end up as bad as the rest of the other servers.

• Have the exact same problem as a returning player.

Seems like gamigo is not very good with keeping potential customers.

Bad service overall.

• Still, while you may not see any logic or sense in it doesn't mean we did it out of spite. Quite frankly, our logic was to repopulate all servers, not create a super server that can't hole the amount of players and three perfectly well-working dead servers.

As is obvious now, the plan did not work as intended, still it was a viable option at that time.

I'm curious if this is what you were told by older staff or if you had some influence over this because I still don't see the logic...how does removing 6 old servers, making a new server you can't move into and 2 3 you can move into repopulate the servers without that super server concept???

From my understanding (Maybe Gamigo had a whooooole other idea) the whole reason players were begging for a server merge to begin with is because of the dwindling population, players were split over 6 servers so the merge would bring them more players together as a temporary fix until certain issues were solved or there were more things that drew players to the game, the merge worked as intended in that sense since the 4 servers (Enid because it caught all the returning players who wanted a fresh start) were much more populated at the beginning of the merge, this is the exact concept of a "super server(s)" where the stragglers that were left playing fiesta come together on fewer servers.

This makes me even more curious about the whole point of Jenira, we were told it would be an "overflow" server because there was soooo many inactive characters that they wouldn't fit in only 2 new servers (Isya and Pagel) but that again would be opposite of repopulating servers if those inactive characters had no one to play the game with if they did come back so could I please get some clarification on this?

This maybe my opinion but the reason I believe it did not work as intended were because of lack of fixes, lack of changes, and a lot of server issues caused players to slowly leave so with the merge, being a temporary fix, did not hold the new/returning players.

So I guess we end up back almost where we started where instead of having 4 perfectly well-working dead servers and 2 active servers we have 3 perfectly well-working dead servers and 1 active server...

Apart from that, I am looking into ways to attract old and new players alike to the more empty servers.

Oh that's simple, make the gameplay easier or make it easier to transfer between servers.

It's fine on populated servers like Isya because there are tons of gifters and players leveling that you run into to help you,

on dead servers like Jenira or Enid you are basically soloing KQs and dungeon runs (unless there is coordination between friends).

Not to mention the lack of players often needs to be made up for by SC items which makes empty servers that much more expensive.

I know it's a bit more complicated then it sounds and there are special cases but I stick by my suggestions.

Or you could see how many times a returning player who has characters in the wrong server/a new server merge/character server move item suggestion pops up... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

The post was edited 9 times, last by The Jumping Lord ().

• I'm curious if this is what you were told by older staff or if you had some influence over this because I still don't see the logic...how does removing 6 old servers, making a new server you can't move into and 2 3 you can move into repopulate the servers without that super server concept???...

This makes me even more curious about the whole point of Jenira, we were told it would be an "overflow" server because there was soooo many inactive characters that they wouldn't fit in only 2 new servers (Isya and Pagel) but that again would be opposite of repopulating servers if those inactive characters had no one to play the game with if they did come back so could I please get some clarification on this?

In answer to your curiosity, the idea was to have two 'super servers' not one. Which means it's not a super server concept anymore, but mainly to redistribute characters into two main servers, while giving an option for a 3rd one.

Jenira was an 'overflow' server because in the case people had been playing on all 6 servers, having merged servers into 3, you would have 3 servers worth of characters or 18 characters unable to fit in your account... to combat this, you were allowed to send those characters to an overflow account. Having Jenira meant you could have 2 instead of 3 'overflow' accounts at the end. So yes, it works as an overflow as you said. If you hadn't played on all servers (did not have characters on other servers), this would not have affected you in any way as long as you did not assign your characters to Jenira during the merge.

• In answer to your curiosity, the idea was to have two 'super servers' not one. Which means it's not a super server concept anymore, but mainly to redistribute characters into two main servers, while giving an option for a 3rd one.

Jenira was an 'overflow' server because in the case people had been playing on all 6 servers, having merged servers into 3, you would have 3 servers worth of characters or 18 characters unable to fit in your account... to combat this, you were allowed to send those characters to an overflow account. Having Jenira meant you could have 2 instead of 3 'overflow' accounts at the end. So yes, it works as an overflow as you said. If you hadn't played on all servers (did not have characters on other servers), this would not have affected you in any way as long as you did not assign your characters to Jenira during the merge.

Ah so that's it, thanks.

In that case my next questions would be :

1. Would the possibility of a server transfer be possible in the future even if it is unlikely currently?

2. Would the possibility of adding more character slots on a server be possible in the future?

These do not conflict with Gamigo's plan to repopulate the servers directly since all the servers will still be there, and people will stay on underpopulated servers if they so choose, but did the possibility of the transfer item creating a super server have an impact on the reason for Gamigo scrapping the transfer item originally?

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Jumping Lord ().

• Thanks HoneyTeddy for jumping in ^^

The Jumping Lord :

The idea of making a server transfer possible is on our wall of crazy since we tried to introduce it back when, so it is definitely possible in the future, but we can not pin it down or say it will definitely come just now ^^

The idea of adding more characters is in fact another idea on our wall of crazy, so another yes, it is possible in the future!

To your third question I can safely say no, we didn't scrap the idea because we feared people jumping on one single server, although we do have to be careful not to overpopulate one server, those things can easily be controlled by labeling some servers 'origin' and some 'destination' servers ;)

The tool simply didn't work as intended and caused issues with some characters after transfer, that's why we took it down.

• Following the logic of what you tried to do and it really didn't work I have inventory that is split among characters on different servers. Is there a way to get that inventory replicated to the server where my main character Serendipity is located, possibly in a temp character if need be?