[Info] Development Processes and Virtual Transparency - Discussion

• I just wanted to know more about couple of things:

What did happen to cap raise or more in general to new contents aimed for the capped players population?

I believe there was something being worked on last time and some teasers were given to players:

Image from Gyazo

Also, there is absolutely nothing planned nor worked on related to the population issue concerning three of the four servers?

This was often spoken about and Gamigo acknowledged the issue and even asked players suggestions about what to do or what were our thoughts... I just assume isn't relevant anymore? It's been long time and not much was said to players since then.

While is great having a small peak about what is currently being worked on and what are Gamigo's priorities at the moment, it would be be even nicer to also have an overall vision on the ongoing projects (even the long term ones) merely to know what Gamigo is planning to do in the future (not just the very near future) and if those are still active or dumped.

• They said they are currently not planing a new cap raise

Anything was said about other type of contents aimed for capped players on DE?

Usually when the current cap raise gets stagnant, there is always some element introduced such as new instance, new KQ, or HC bosses or more in general something players might look forward to do.

I think is cool getting to know what we should expect for sure in the next patches, but as player I would personally more enticed to know what are the big scale plans Gamigo has in mind, if that makes sense! honeyhap

• They tried posting roadmaps in the past but said that theyll discontinue them so I dont think we will get one of those. They said they want to invest in to current content, fixing a lot of things, making it better, etc. They didnt explicitly say that theyre working on any of the things you mentioned but when they said that they want to work on current content, they said they want to expand on it which probably means a new instance of some sort.
    My guess is probably a way to get 135 orange gear and jewelry.

Thats the post:

-wann kommt neuer content

Es wird an neuem Content gearbeitet, jedoch ist es noch nicht an der Zeit für Teaser und/oder ein Datum, wann etwas kommt.

-wird überhaupt an neuem content bzw cap gearbeitet?

Derzeit ist keine neue Level-Erhöhung geplant oder in Arbeit. Wir konzentrieren uns auf den Content den wir haben und die Weiterentwicklung sowie Vervollständigung von diesem. Ja, neuer Content ist durchaus vorgesehen, jedoch ist dieser noch nicht Spruchreif.

"We are working on new content but we dont have any teaser/dates to reveal"

"We are not working on a cap raise, nor working on it. We want to concentrate on current content, expanding and completing it. Yes, new content is planned at some point, but not yet.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eddy ().

• I'll try to remain optimistic that Gamigo will be able to keep us up to date on what they're working on but I also have a question...

Since the new season of attendance started just days ago and since Gamigo's number 1 priority is Attendance fulfillment & reward rework will the attendance rewards for this season be changed mid-attendance? Or will any changes be implemented for the following season?

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• Since the new season of attendance started just days ago and since Gamigo's number 1 priority is Attendance fulfillment & reward rework will the attendance rewards for this season be changed mid-attendance? Or will any changes be implemented for the following season?

As far as I know there is no exact time limit for us to look forward to. Regarding the last weeks, months and years and the success of the patches we got I wouldn't expect anything soon.

Jour 1

"C'est le jour 1, celui qu'on retient,

Celui qui s'efface, quand tu me replaces, quand tu me retiens,

C'est celui qui revient."

- Louane

• Also, there is absolutely nothing planned nor worked on related to the population issue concerning three of the four servers?

This was often spoken about and Gamigo acknowledged the issue and even asked players suggestions about what to do or what were our thoughts... I just assume isn't relevant anymore? It's been long time and not much was said to players since then.

In regards to population matters, it can be considered a separate matter from the (game) development, but it is being looked into/worked on behind the scenes. Please understand that we are not at liberty to talk about specifics and so we will not be talking about it.

Light is correct in saying there is no ETA planned. The projects as Zao mentioned will be released when they are ready.

Happy gaming,

HoneyTeddy~

• You are squandering time and resources on side projects that bring little to the game, as nice as they sound, things like mini pet system, mail box arent the features that will eventually keep the players coming back to the game. It's a miracle enough people keep playing in spite of the promises of fixes to existing content and upgrade to actually good and fulfilling new content.

Quality of life (if you even want to call stuff like mini pet system so) additions that take months to develop and need to immediatly be removed after few days because of game breaking issues ARE NOT what you should be focusing on, going as far as reworking them from scratch just to stubbornly implement them when the game is extremely stagnating in terms of core content. The fact that the attendance system has been put on top priority is extremely aggravating when it's not only a really irrelevant mechanic, but it's also been soundly implemented years ago with no need of rework other than just upgrading those insulting rewards

We know there are assets files for new content that have been hiding in the game folders for maybe 4-5 years now, in the past 2 years we have seen teasers and promo images of new stuff that have then been quietly swept under the carpet and conveniently forgotten, why not actually work on a single thing instead of dabbling in multiple side projects that always fail?

Second part of cap raise was said to be delayed for a few months after the initial implementation, 2 years later we haven't heard a thing from that. Rebalance was supposed to take account of people suggestions on it, instead it was an almost perfect 1:1 replication of the initially proposed changes from the rebalance website, and now we are (finally) moving to the second stage but without considering nor the initial inputs given by players, neither those following the rebalance patch, what even was the point of asking people to leave suggestions about it then? Whole subforum sections with tens of threads just got ignored like that

• I'm really glad for the transparency in general. I think it's important for player morale.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how Gamigo thinks that re-adding the attendance system and adding the totally new feature of the mailboxes is improving on what already exists. If their goal is really to improve existing content then 2 of their 3 goals already contradict it.

That said, I personally don't have any issues with the agenda. As long as the game actually runs I'm happy to wait for whatever's next. Though I do agree with everyone that new things to do [not a feature like attendance/mail, actual instances/quests] would be a welcome change sooner rather than later.

• I agree with Warpy  

If theyre not going to add new content in the next few months, I doubt players will even log on for attendance

And if its true that theyre already starting phase two of rebalance, then you can stop balancing all together imo. The phase 1 didnt change anything, arguably made it worse.

Imo the best instance this game ever produced is the DDF (105-120) one and there is a similar one in the files for, as you said, many years. It looks awesome and DDF instances are arguably the best ones this game has to offer. Why not add that to the game, instead of creating completely new instances?

• Solo farming at high lvls needs to return this game worked best during the 105 cap event he 110 cap mal and lab were a very good balance but that was the end of solo farming. and lets be honest solo farming reduces SC spending that's why larger expos have become a thing

• The unbalance was a failure and no players suggestions were taken into account. So whatever stage two is, I am pretty sure will just break the game even more.

I still am having difficulties as a supporting cleric with heal now so laggy and longer cool downs on heal skills. I have a hard time even just keeping myself alive doing quests, so if your idea of balance is to take the SLOWEST questing class and make it where they cannot even survive the mobs they are killing with relative ease instead making them glass..... tier 2 heal potions, so they cannot survive nor kill.... then I really don't want to see the rest of your "unbalance" patches.

• If you're serious about it, have a look at my thread about the Trix skills issue. Fix the animations and animation speed before even thinking about altering the numbers. It's a very small change that won't affect other players much but will significantly improve the playability of the class.

• Solo farming at high lvls needs to return this game worked best during the 105 cap event he 110 cap mal and lab were a very good balance but that was the end of solo farming. and lets be honest solo farming reduces SC spending that's why larger expos have become a thing

Said this many times and I still stand by it. Solo'able content needs to return.

Can't force players to play with others even if its an MMO.

• I would like more content that is soloable myself, and please look over at the suggestions made when it comes to rebalance. Rebalance is something that is meant to better a class, not make them less appealing then what they already are.

• I think the best party range for farming is 2-4 players.

Having things solo is just a sign that they're too easy and makes classes that aren't glad irrelevant. If everyone can farm it solo, you also have to make the drop rate a bit lower otherwise the market will just get flooded with gears.

Having too many people is just far too difficult to manage since the playerbase is so small, kills the sense of involvement you get with smaller party sizes, and makes large rewards feel less rewarding because they have to be shared amongst so many.

Just pull the max players back down to 5 and make it difficult enough that it's challenging/inefficient to solo. Then have a healthy balance of mechanics/mobs in there so different classes are valuable. Make it give good rewards with BiS or some other niche filled in a couple small areas. IE: X dungeon drops boots, earrings and a card. Y dungeon drops rings, tops and pants.

If they just followed a format like that, there would always be at least some new things to farm. People could slowly upgrade their gear rather than suddenly having to enhance a full new set.

You could even re-use recoloured/larger mobs from lower level content and add slightly different mechanics to them. There's a lot of good content already in the game that nobody is playing because it isn't relevant anymore. Just make it relevant and keep the game moving.

• It's much better to make solo'able content and work on rebalance so clerics, knights and other classes with terrible dmg can solo.

Also it is actually statistically better for pve content to be easy than hard. I would gladly provide at least 7 popular mmo games which has this but that's not allowed on forum but you can do that yourself, not hard to find.

The server will not get flooded with gear. I've been playing on and off since 2007 and despite dungeons being solo'able at that time, gears weren't really flooding the server.

Just look at lv55, 75, 85, 95 gears. Why isn't the server flooded with them? They didn't get any less only more and less people are using them.

12 years not enough to flood the server with these gears? Or do you want it to be rare like cards? Where only handful of people collected all of them and majority gave up because of how impossible it is to get some cards despite the content being released years ago.

You know what's flooding the server? 135 gear. Have you ever thought why that is?

Being easy to get doesn't mean it will flood the server, far from it. That's a naive way to look at things.

There are many things effecting this.

Edit:

You could even re-use recoloured/larger mobs from lower level content and add slightly different mechanics to them. There's a lot of good content already in the game that nobody is playing because it isn't relevant anymore. Just make it relevant and keep the game moving.

"The players don't care in principle that you've reused content they expect it, but they care if they can notice it". Magical quote of Chris Wilson

• I'm thinking more SC/OC levels of difficulty or slightly easier

55/75/85 etc were quite abundant in their day despite not being instanced and having a terrible drop rate (it's still terrible with 100% rants let alone 50%). I'd rather having content that is rewarding and challenging being gated by its difficulty than being less rewarding and being gated by its drop rate.

Of course, having both is best and having either is far better than how it is now where content is gated by needing 8-10 players and not being rewarding at all