Trading Scams

• Just an suggestion many people are being trade scammed recently after my case. There really is no way to fake how many people are suffering from this same scam from removing numbers from double digits before the trade is approved. I’m not saying the trading system isn’t secure but if many people are going through this scam shouldnt there be an awareness post or a warning post for more people to understand not everyone is nice in this community. I’ve heard multiple cases of people being trade scammed or voucher scammed in the past 3 days since i myself have been scammed and i feel like the community needs to be warned to becareful etc.

• These are basic "no-duh" rules to play by that anyone with common sense would follow:

1) Never trust anyone saying they're giving away a free voucher

2) Never talk to the people/bots buying and selling gems for cash.
    3) Never use a gifter or provide gifting, we all know how badly that can end in so many ways.

4) Don't trade people you don't know and trust.

5) Take your time when performing trades, double and triple check everything.

etc. etc. The list of common sense continues.

• I will tell you all this right now...

The voucher scam, is the most OBVIOUS scam. Gamigo has not given out more than 5k in a voucher, and they always ANNOUNCE their vouchers via Email or on their website. If it IS a voucher for particular Items (for say people who haven't played or logged in for a few months) it's personally created and redeemable by THAT account only.

If there's companies out there "rewarding" sc to players for something like surveys or Buy this and we'll give you this to your account...chances are very high is a Phishing Attempt by the Gold Sellers.

NEVER! trade too close to storage. Been hearing about how people glitch their gems, but can still type in the amount (given they have 0 on hand) and do a trade that way.

Gifting is always a risky business anymore.

I have a few people that I gift here and there, but they always pay me first. I'm TOO well known here on the forums to be scammin' and get myself banned for Jackin' someones Gems...not to mention, they pay me first. If I don't got the SC, I don't gift em, and I refuse advance payments.

You can be all buddy buddy with someone on Discord or Skype all day...have been playing with a particular person since Day One, you still take a gamble when gifting, and I've only been scammed once outta 20g...never again lol (pay first, and you'll get what you want if I got the SC).

If you really wanna end all the trade scams, more Tradable SC needs to be added to the game, Particularly Cosmetics. Tradable Bundles was a step in the right direction honestly during those enhancement sales, but a little more needs to be done.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• One of the best ways to avoid trading scams is once you agree on a deal make it happen through a vendor if it is possible. Take your time and make sure the item and price in vendor is exactly what you agreed to.

• Very well said, nijutu! honeyhap

Perhaps Gamigo could again consider sending in-game annoucements to raise awareness on these circumstances like it did a few years ago (although in reality, most of the things listed above are blatant).

We used to have a big variety of annoucements, starting from common tips till warnings about sales, events or more techinical things... perhaps making new notices about these recent type of scams might help or at least it will make people a bit more careful whenever they're trading or receiving weird links via whispers.

ZdIyhoV.png

86Qdf7p.png

gKW8ctI.png

oI5Cc5u.jpg

• I completely agree, let's bring back notifications like this! They are great for keeping the community informed, safe, and happy.

• Unfortunately, I was one of the victims of trading scams in the past few days. I thought I would had been fine since I had photo proof of the scammer, and would at least receive my SC back. But since gifting it a violation of ToS, the scammer gets to walk free with my sc and leave me without 35G. It needs to be made very clear that gifting is against ToS as I have never read this anywhere, and also made clear that scammers will not be punished. It will be a long time if I ever buy SC again.

• One of the best ways to avoid trading scams is once you agree on a deal make it happen through a vendor if it is possible. Take your time and make sure the item and price in vendor is exactly what you agreed to.

I for one would always do this. If they we're interested in purchasing an item I would set up vend so they can purchase set item.

• Cupcake why have you taken pictures of in game notifications? what even is the point...

Secondly guys, you see the notification where it says " be polite when asking for buffs, no one is required to give you a buff so please ask nicely" thats exactl why clerics should charge 20g a buff for buffs cause gamigo is telling us that we shouldnt be buffing ppl and they have to be kind to us which means they should be paying us for buffs. #ClericsAreTheMasterClassWeCanControlTheServerEconomyIfWeWorkTogether

- Average is fine, I am NOT a loser

• GravesDisease The point is to show future GM's/CM's etc what used to happen, and actually she may have just happened to catch it while taking a totally unrelated pic of something else in the game :) Plus, you know, the memories!

And nope, no way, I'll continue to buff people for free. That will never change.

• Cupcake why have you taken pictures of in game notifications? what even is the point...

Secondly guys, you see the notification where it says " be polite when asking for buffs, no one is required to give you a buff so please ask nicely" thats exactl why clerics should charge 20g a buff for buffs cause gamigo is telling us that we shouldnt be buffing ppl and they have to be kind to us which means they should be paying us for buffs. #ClericsAreTheMasterClassWeCanControlTheServerEconomyIfWeWorkTogether

why being kind to cleric means paying them for buffs? Ask nicely is already being kind for me.

• Trading Scams...

G's for a Buff (Just dual client and p lvl a cleric)...Pass.

Mispricing gears...and whining about it later when you find out you sold a 200G item for 20g instead because you didn't double/triple/quadruple/quintuple check your prices...

And then listening to people like a few here on the forums try to justify "you didn't pay attention and took the risk, you suck deal with it and move on" reasoning...mmmm NOPE.

If you don't wanna waste your G's...buy SC yourself.

Don't wanna waste your SC...go Farm or join an instance raid party and pray your drop is up for rotation.

Don't wanna trust anyone or spend any money on this game? Quit and go find another MMO to play, no one has time for whiners, buck up or shut up. You know the risks with gifting, be prepared to be shammed at least ONCE...(rolls eyes with a hard-soul-hitting troll face)

No one is innocent and there is NO excuse for anyone, not even the victims.

You all know the risks. You know how the community is. You know Gamigo's rules.

Shut up already...sheesh.

#Ihaveneverscammedbutbeenscammedbefore

#Ivaluemygamereputationasalegitgifterandbusinessman

#IhaveenoughsmartstoknowbetterthantotrustarandomwithoutbeingpaidFIRST

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif