DLL file keeps getting deleted every time game launches

• Every time I try to launch the game from the launcher it pops up with the error "Unable to load DLL 'keel_xt_l.dll': The specified module could not be found."

The only way I've found to fix it is to completely uninstall and reinstall the game, but this only works for one launch - the next time I go to launch the game it'll say and do the same damn thing.. It also keeps telling me the launcher is a shortcut that no longer be used bc the source has been moved or something similar to that.

For a while, I thought my antivirus was deleting the .DLL file, but it does allow one clean run before it gets erased and my antivirus doesn't show anything as deleted or quarantined, as it does with every other file it sees as dangerous. So, I don't actually have a clue what is deleting the .DLL file.

• I have the same issue. I keep the keen dll file on my desktop so i can just drag it in. Its a error between steam/antivirus/and fiesta itself. Only way ive found to fix it is clean uninstall the game and go download it from gamigos website.

• I have the same issue. I keep the keen dll file on my desktop so i can just drag it in. Its a error between steam/antivirus/and fiesta itself. Only way ive found to fix it is clean uninstall the game and go download it from gamigos website.

The original install IS from Gamigo's website, I don't even have it from Steam. Also, when I try to keep the DLL file and move it back in, it just gets re-deleted instantly. The ONLY way to fix the game is to uninstall and reinstall. Every time.

• When you reinstall do you install it from the website or do you have a file from before? To me it sounds like you might also want to try launching the game from within the Gamigo folder instead of using the shortcut.

• When you reinstall do you install it from the website or do you have a file from before? To me it sounds like you might also want to try launching the game from within the Gamigo folder instead of using the shortcut.

Reinstall from Gamigo website.

I have also done this, it erases the .DLL file so no launcher works. It just says "Unable to load DLL 'keel_xt_l.dll"

• The original install IS from Gamigo's website, I don't even have it from Steam. Also, when I try to keep the DLL file and move it back in, it just gets re-deleted instantly. The ONLY way to fix the game is to uninstall and reinstall. Every time.

Thats weird. I just keep the file on my desktop and have to drag it into the folder every time Here is a link if you need the file https://drive.google.com/file/…j51nL2_ZFKKeDS5Ry9iq/view

• Check your antivirus programs to make sure the dll file isn't somehow being identified as a threat. Maybe even look into the quarantine section of the antivirus if possible to see if the dll file was isolated. Whitelist the Fiesta folder from being scanned.

Yeah, I mentioned in the OP that I had already checked those. Unfortunately, the file isn't showing up anywhere in the Antivirus, including quarantine.

• https://steamcommunity.com/app…ns/0/1728701877456151271/

Read this, I see a dll link. Be advised, do at your own risk.

Yeah, I found that too when I googled the issue. I did try doing that, sort of like what JustinModz had suggested above. I keep having the issue that even when I drag the original DLL file into the Fiesta folder where it belongs (double checked this, also), and go to launch Fiesta, it throws the same exact error as if I hadn't put the file back, and when I go to check the folder, the file is - indeed - gone again.

The *only* fix I have found so far is the uninstall -> reinstall. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to do it every single bloody time that I had to relaunch the game. Which, lately, has been at least 5-6 times a day... With all the crashes...

• Yeah, I found that too when I googled the issue. I did try doing that, sort of like what JustinModz had suggested above. I keep having the issue that even when I drag the original DLL file into the Fiesta folder where it belongs (double checked this, also), and go to launch Fiesta, it throws the same exact error as if I hadn't put the file back, and when I go to check the folder, the file is - indeed - gone again.

The *only* fix I have found so far is the uninstall -> reinstall. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to do it every single bloody time that I had to relaunch the game. Which, lately, has been at least 5-6 times a day... With all the crashes...

Hello SaikiKitty,

This looks like you have an anti virus / anti malware or similar protection software installed and running which deletes the files. Please add the fiesta folder to your antivirus or antimalware program's exceptions list. That way it won't be deleted each time.

It might be deleted without informing you somehow, adding the folder may prevent that.

Happy gaming!

HoneyTeddy~

• have to reinstall every time I log on its not the firewall that's turned off it's not drivers I've updated each time what is wrong with your game glad I spend hundreds to be denied service

• So this is my problem with trying to figure out this problem (error). I have two computers here running Fiesta, on both of them I have searched the whole computer for keel_xt_l.dll and neither one finds it. I know this used to be an error related to Steam. So if you do not have anything Steam on your computer now maybe you did in the past and something is still hiding in you computer somewhere. You might need to clean Windows Registry from any Steam related stuff.

• So this is my problem with trying to figure out this problem (error). I have two computers here running Fiesta, on both of them I have searched the whole computer for keel_xt_l.dll and neither one finds it. I know this used to be an error related to Steam. So if you do not have anything Steam on your computer now maybe you did in the past and something is still hiding in you computer somewhere. You might need to clean Windows Registry from any Steam related stuff.

Does this mean I can't have Steam on the pc I'm playing Fiesta on? I have Steam but I run Fiesta through the website's launcher, never downloaded it via Steam yet I always get this error. Furthermore, I didn't get this error when I last played 4 months ago on the same pc with Steam on it.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I have Fiesta already added to my firewall and antimalware program so that's not causing this.

EDIT 2: I deleted Steam and all files attached to it, reinstalled the game through a new download from Gamigo website and still get this error...

• I had this problem no steam installed. Nothing wrong with firewall/antivirus. When fiesta crashed it would delete those files. Only for sure fix I found was a fresh windows install ._.