Why did Pagel almost die and what can we do to thrive Pagel again?

• I guess I wasn't quite clear. I said that:

"These guild died out because promises made were never kept. Bugs were still rampant and the rebalancing never happened."

In that I meant the promises made by Gamigo. It is had to keep such large guild alive an active in the end game when the end game is not very good or engaging. Add in the uncorrected bugs and you have more reasons to be excited o play.

Now I was told and it might be totally wrong but I knew people that said some of the strife involved the distribution of raid drops. I sure that the horrible drop rates would cause internal strife between people fighting the gear.

I experienced something similar myself running Secret Lab. The fighter opened the finial chest and wanted to keep the blue Cleric Shield for his guild.

I never had a guild, but was briefly a member of several other people's guild.

The Family was keeper09's guild.

100%_Holy was keeper09's alt guild. She made me guild master before she quit but it is still hers.

KnightOfTheWolf was Alpha1TheWolf's and Wolfs_Whiteliter's guild.

Howling_Moon was a joint guild formed from Blue Moon and KnightOfTheWolf and run but their respective guild masters.

I only joined these guilds because Keeper and Alpha would wouldn't stop inviting me.

I'm a solo player.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HoneyTeddy: Removed off topic comments ().

• [user='775']Hitomi Uri[/

I didn't say it was YOUR guild personally. You run with a guild, its your guild. You own the guild, its your guild. You affiliate with the people but not rock the tag, it could still be considered your guild. This is fiesta, not a day in the office where you're just grinding the hours for your paycheck.

The internal strife over drops was only half the issue. People would join up, and attempt to lay claim to the less desired class drops day one...just because they were in the tanking party. A lot of guilds created a point system and majority of them followed suit to maintain some stability. But when time came to cash in the chips, guess what happened - Players with the dibs + points would get skipped because they're not the favorite or a Whale in the guild.

I could go on and on...but lets face it, watching WarCry and MythicBliss fall apart from the inside and creating Illusion on Bijou to SPITE MB was rather entertaining. WarCry had its fun days, crazy guild wars, FBZ battles, and even took some of the chaos to 9x and 100 abyss. So, you can't be so negative and blame power guilds...it was the PEOPLE. Thinking they could take reign of the server (especially when it came down to only recruiting HEAVY spenders and expecting them to gift the whole guild/acad)...regardless...you get the point.

If Pagel is to come back to life, it needs to have Enid and Jeni merged with it. Isya needs to be left alone as it is now the HOST server of the game.

The people on Isya are set in their ways, and everyone else from other servers have conformed and followed suit.

Consider doing the same and become a Team Player...unless you're still hanging out on Pagel

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by HoneyTeddy: Removed off topic comments ().

• Pagel died because pvp focused players choose to go there and so the economy started to die since nobody wanted to farm.

"Why farm when I have money and drop rate is so bad?" Mentality. Justifiable. Nobody wants to waste their time for little to no reward at the end. Everyone was rich but they couldn't use their money.

They went for pvp but because most people were in one of two sides, once a side isn't there then the other is just sitting there bored which killed the pvp as well.

Lack of competition in raids and having what you needed out of it meant that it is just a waste of time and money for you to keep on doing it.

Then cap raise happened and many players came back for a while. But once again quitted after they have gotten to max level and the gear they needed.

They rushed it thinking there would be a competition over the new raid but there wasn't really.

It is not entirely the players's fault. There was no progress in term of content for months if not years.

Once you have reached the maximum level and geared up your character there wasn't much to do after that.

Not to mention everything required a team. A solo player can literally do nothing. Dungeons were impossible to solo and there was no an alternative to be productive. Power-leveling used to be a popular choice but once it got flooded it lost its value.

It can be fun to play in a party but if everyone joined for profit then it probably isn't there. Even if something valuable dropped which is extremely rare, spiting the profit left you with very little to use in an overpriced market.

To save people's time if they choose to not read this wall of text.

Main causes of this problem

1.Drop rate

2.Everything requires a party

3.No competition

4.slow release of content

• See, the problem is that over level 110, Fiesta is just a grind. And if you want to grind quickly, you need to pour out you money.

Maybe WarCry and MythicBliss members had "fun" but those guilds antics were hardly "fun" to non-WarCry and non-MythicBliss players. So yes, I can be very negative and blame the power guilds. All of my unpleasant memories were linked to members of them and thinking they were better because the "paid to win". The power guilds also spot claimed, boss claimed, harassed people in FBZ, and basically violated many of the terms of service.

The reason was that because the drops were so bad and the bosses took so long to spawn, the good drops were few and far between. So the power guilds forced normal player to compete with them.

I will stay on Pagel because the way you describe Isya is everything I hated about Bijou. Forcing everyone else to "conform" to the way they think you should play. Pagel is better because there is no one trying to force you to play their way.

The post was edited 2 times, last by HoneyTeddy: Removed off topic comments ().

• My guild from teva all agreed to meet on pagel after the merge

Most quit playing when the passwords all reset, and when they realised some characters were stranded on other servers

So I’m basically stuck on a dead server with my partner and refuse to start over since I have like 10 alts I’ve invested years into

I’d love pagel to be more lively, but all I can hope for now is a server transfer to isya which won’t happen lol

Pagel Server

Riku | Cloudcutter | ToxicRain | Confianza | Vengefulsin | Artorius

DoomedRevival | JigokuShoujo | Jynxy | MisterJay | _HarleyQuinn_

• the server aint dead, but it looks dead... cause off 1 thing, ppl want to be from lvl 1 to cap in a day… make some side toons a lvl 25, a lvl 45, a lvl 60 and a 70 so there is Always something to do, and when new ppl come in, and they ask for a kq run, well then there is Always somebody arround who can help out, but no hell no rather stand with their huge cannons in afk mode at uruga. while they lvl up another toon at high stage. but for new players its a long way to go from lvl 1 to 135, when you run compleet alone in each map. its become verry close to beeing bored, and yes the hardcore will go on, but those that look more for dungeons and kq's, well they quit cause there is nobody to do those. Ifonly 5 ppl do this then it does not matter if the server is crowed or not cause you can do everything with 1 party

Friendly greetings,

• might have to start at the bottom to revive the server, possibly make some low lvl farmers, so elderine can start to look full, since elderine is rhe 2nd map you visit when you create a character. Don't over price low lvl gear's, doing this will be hard, since you will always have someone trying to resell gear's for higher prices. And one thing you will have to do for sure is, getting people on board to work together to revive the server, but with people having ego's and solely being selfish, the server will continue to be in the state it's in.

the server aint dead, but it looks dead... cause off 1 thing, ppl want to be from lvl 1 to cap in a day… make some side toons a lvl 25, a lvl 45, a lvl 60 and a 70 so there is Always something to do, and when new ppl come in, and they ask for a kq run, well then there is Always somebody arround who can help out, but no hell no rather stand with their huge cannons in afk mode at uruga. while they lvl up another toon at high stage. but for new players its a long way to go from lvl 1 to 135, when you run compleet alone in each map. its become verry close to beeing bored, and yes the hardcore will go on, but those that look more for dungeons and kq's, well they quit cause there is nobody to do those. Ifonly 5 ppl do this then it does not matter if the server is crowed or not cause you can do everything with 1 party

Friendly greetings,

People want a revived server, but are only focusing on raids and cap. maybe focus on rebuilding a solid foundation.

• Foundation is flawed but that isn't a reason for the poor popularity.

Isya is doing just fine with the same foundation.

The main reason is that when a new player (If any) tries the game, they probably wouldn't choose a low population server.

What's the point of playing MMO if you're playing on a dead server?

Like I said, there is nothing to gain by playing on Pagel.

The least they can do is make something special on the server to pull people in. What can you possibly do other than that which would revive the server?

Starting fresh will just turn it to Enid and we can see how that one turned out.

• The basic problem is the game itself. If it would be free of bugs, updated and show good content no server would be as dead as it is the case currently. Of course there are several influences which has made it even worse but nothing had destroyed the game more than itself.

;(

Jour 1

"C'est le jour 1, celui qu'on retient,

Celui qui s'efface, quand tu me replaces, quand tu me retiens,

C'est celui qui revient."

- Louane

• If I remember correctly from 2015.

Isya was going to be the place for the Pvpers/perms. etc.

Pagel was well, Pagel. A little mix of whatever.

Jenira was the leftovers.

And Enid was the fresh start.

Like mentioned in the previous posts, that 1 time server transfer tool for 'testing' transferred a fair amount of people... Isya's lower level activity was more appealing than Pagel's which was not as robust. People slowly starting moving to Isya as a result. Other players at higher levels would get bored noticing the population either quiting the game or moving to other servers.

I even made some little newb characters on Isya because frankly its very easy to level up when you have experience and have access to the guild academies with funds in exchange for guild buff time.

• As everyone is so hot on this topic, I'll join and share my thoughts about it ;-)

Pagel is far from dead. A few weeks ago, I made a new toon and joined the Slime KQ, and I wasn't even alone! The people present on the server are just spread out and are having fun in the game (without the Isya lag).

I agree the server isn't very populated, but whenever I log on, I always have friends who are already online (unless there just has been a server maintenance or something, but even then if you log on in Uruga, I have never been alone). We go out and farm dungeons or just talk and have fun.

Whenever dungeons are run and people need help, they can come. No need for paying or anything. Random people helping each other out without expecting something in return. Pagel is nice place to be :-)

But as everyone keeps saying, Pagel isn't very populated. The main reason is because there is no influx from new players. There is not just one reason why the lower levels died out. But since it has, most new players go automaticaly to Isya since the servers are more crowded.

I agree with all of the reasons stated previously by other people, but its more than that. I believe that the lower levels died out, because they are to easy. When I started playing this game (many years ago) it took almost a day to get to level 20. Now you get there in a few hours...

People always complain about how hard it is to level. But the hard part makes it fun. As you often spend time together with other people doing the same quests over and over again. While complaining how hard it is :-)

The higher levels haven't changed. They are still hard. This makes the change for new players very hard, from lvling very fast to almost coming to full stop once you reach 115+.

To 'solve' the low population issue, I don't think it is as simple as advertising. Although it would help greatly!

1. Higher levels will help new people meaning the lower levels stay relatively empty. If plenty of people would join and not get plvled, there would rise an issue in items/gears.

2. The problem is the amount of items/gears already available. 'The risk is high that 'veteran' players would sell of their gears for a higher price that would scare new players away.

3. Also, all dungeons with good gear sets have perms. Meaning unless new player pays sc for upgrades, they won't be able to compete with the current players.

A way to address this would be to introduce something new for new players on lower levels. Like the devildoms dungeons that were introduced and gave jewel sets. It doesn't have to be a dungeon, but something that makes the game interesting, also for higher levels to make a new char and go check it out. Maybe with some reward/drops that are interesting not just for those lower levels, but also for the higher levels (the higher levels would then come to Eldy to the vends of the lower ones), making that city more active (I know it's not as easy as I imagine...). Also something new for only lower levels that would aid the higher lvls, some would create new chars and definetely go for it! Making them available for questions of lower levels.

As new content might ask to much, it doesn't have to be something which is constantly present (like a dungeon or KQ). It can also be some events in a field only accessible till a certain lvl.

For example a boss bombartment. You could even let them fight Helga (though, this is a bad example as the mobs would need to be modified. A lvl 20 - 30 char would never be able to make a dent in those bosses...). I remember loving stuff like these.

As a final remark I would like to add that if Gamigo would decide to do somethings like this, please only do it for the lower levels (after some advertising). I know people always want new content for higher levels but if they got it to, the target would be missed entirely.

• Maybe get rid of the population level on the select screen

Low

High

Low

Low

They’ll pick the high one

Pagel Server

Riku | Cloudcutter | ToxicRain | Confianza | Vengefulsin | Artorius

DoomedRevival | JigokuShoujo | Jynxy | MisterJay | _HarleyQuinn_

• I do not want to dwell much on the reasons who caused the population's decline on Pagel (although many players have simply migrated on Isya or are now inactive), there are many variables who lead to this outcome, some of which completely casual and unpredictable.

My suggestion to Gamigo is to keep Pagel, Jenira and Enid on a permanent server drop/exp boost in order to entice old and new players to join those servers and make them more lively - and this should be something very pratical and viable since in the past we used to have week ends with drop/exp boost quite often.

My second more complex suggestion, is to consider the idea of creating a common "marketplace" area between all servers.

I know this idea might require a lot of thinking, but in the end I believe it would be beneficial to have a larger assortment influx of items players can buy or sell and at the same time this would truly revive the market activities and more in general the farming on servers where they're almost completely dead.

I think there could be great benefits in this and something that realistically could bring life back to the 3 servers who are suffering the most.

• Cross Server Trading is out of the question.

This was brought up long ago before the merge and people were entirely against it as it would "devalue" everyone's hard work. Keep it mind that every item has a unique identifier for the server its on, and if it were to just be traded to another server, a check would have to be done, a unique identifier would have to be created, and then there's always the simple fact that stuff like that takes TIME to develop. Gamigo has other things on their plate to worry about besides making something like that.

We have other problems that plague the game...that really need to be addressed first and foremost. We want players to come back, we want people to grind and level with, we want more of a variety of items to use...we want our market stable, blah blah blah...ok, we get it. We Got It!...

Nothing will be handed to us on a silver platter considering the available manpower gamgio puts behind fiesta outside of its other 20-something games. Fiesta is NOT it's most popular game and until they literally put a full focus on the game to utterly revitalize it, rework it, and get rid of a LOT of the dated mechanics...we're gonna have to deal with what we have right now and make the most of it.

Tell your friends about the game, bring them to Pagel, get them familiar with the game, then powerlevel another toon of theirs to help em get more accustomed to the game and the way its played.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• I fail to see how cross server trading would "devalue" hard work considering the fact that there could be a larger pool of items to be bought or sold, and ontop than that, you would give a chance to the other server markeplaces to be revived.

As for the identifier issue, I am pretty sure there could be a way around or some solution for it to work (I am not a tech, tho!)

As I said earlier, is something that might require a lot of thinking/planning - but in the end we have been told for years that merge was never going to happen cause it was not possible to make it and yet some years later it happened.

I believe you need more than just "tell your friends to join an underpopulated server and powerlevel them" - you have to give some sort of benefits if you want players to stick around and some real reason for them to invest on a server where they won't easily find a party to raid or make instance with (because let's say it, this game is costly and it gets very expensive on end game contents).

This is why i thought that giving a good boost on drop/exp could entice the farming and levelling, while the multiple servers marketplace can give a real purpose (money making) and also offer a chance to players to buy gears since on some servers you're unable to farm them due to the lack of people to join instances/raids.

Basically is some sort of tentative to keep up these less populated servers with a substantial help without relying on making another merge (which in my opinion is very much needed at this time).

The post was edited 8 times, last by Cupcake ().

• I hate to say it...but if Isya is going to be the main supplier of gears, think about this for a second...Gears will still be overpriced.

Have you seen the Isya market here lately? Its utterly bat <insert foul word here> crazy! Whos gonna 50G for a fail +12 TBK, when you can buy a mediocre at best, ML +12 for that price?

Lets face it...Things need to change, and I'm all about CHANGE...just needs to happen a smidge sooner than what we all think,