Auto Buff NPC

• Create a NPC that auto buffs anyone within range with max buff amount. Possibly add that skill to Remi as she is the "helper" NPC.

-Nice to have at times when one can't find someone to buff them.

• this isnt a pserver, so would need a cost

Could be another gold sink idea :/

but that would only mean low levels can hardly use it, if it is a gold sink idea, cuz they usually have little money

"You remind me that the world is sometimes good - but I'm a fool for believing in you"

• Pserver auto buff NPC buffs with all T5 scrolls + T5 potions + rama + buff... I was thinking just the 132 level HK buff would be sufficient. There shouldn't be a cost because no one charges for buffs and it would be the same as getting one from an HK...?

• yea but if its free and can do it whenever you want, what would be the point of making a hk.

I know the benefit is nice, but that would make hk's pretty much irrelevant, since guards do better healing

"You remind me that the world is sometimes good - but I'm a fool for believing in you"

• You will still need hk's for kq's instances and raids, yeah guards might do a better job, but only hk's can use deadly blessing and keep glads hp at 50%.

• Create a NPC that auto buffs anyone within range with max buff amount. Possibly add that skill to Remi as she is the "helper" NPC.

-Nice to have at times when one can't find someone to buff them.

Pserver auto buff NPC buffs with all T5 scrolls + T5 potions + rama + buff... I was thinking just the 132 level HK buff would be sufficient. There shouldn't be a cost because no one charges for buffs and it would be the same as getting one from an HK...?

At least half the clerics no matter what level dislike buffing so this would help o;

Hi blackberry14.

the way you say that sounds axiomatic, like a basic truth that can't be denied.

I don’t understand why it should be free.

Are there any arguments for it that are not based on personal benefit or preference?

Thanks

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• It is just a simple buff that any HK would give to any player for free. Why should there be a charge for it? Just because there happens to be no cleric nearby who could buff? Might as well level up a cleric and charge for buffs. Why does even the simplest thing need to have a price tag on it?

Be nicer to clerics... maybe they would buff you more. :?:

And seeing as I know a ton of clerics who run around and give free buffs to everyone (myself included) I don't usually have a problem getting a buff if i truly feel like i need it... though i rarely find I "need" a buff.

Plus if they did make an npc give a buff, it should have limits. like can be used 1 time per day, and only gives your characters level range buff, as though you found a cleric in the same level range as you and got a buff. That way clerics are still useful for one of their main skills. However, I am really against this idea, because we should not be looking to replace a whole class just for your convenience, because at this rate, you might as well "rent a tank" or something for dungeons as a cleric, or "rent a killer mage" for a quest as a cleric. Get a free npc buddy who does your quests for you!... and then the game starts dying lol no one interacting, people getting bored by themselves and quitting. I like to solo too so don't get me wrong but there should be times where you just need the other classes to help out.

• I never had an issue getting a buff from a cleric. Plus I have several HKs myself. And yes there are clerics like Grand who buff others. However, many HKs are AFK or pretend to be AFK or "hide" on maps (stand in places where few people go). So much for the "friendly people" and "interacting with others". Seen very few clerics who actually buff as the majority feign AFK and do not respond to whispers. Friendly indeed.

Also a "buff" doesn't do your quests for you like you suggest about "renting other classes". HKs do more than just buff (deadly blessing, party buffs, revive, etc.) If HKs only useable skill was Endure, why are most clerics going HK and not Guardian? (look at guardian vs HK gear/wep pricing)

Besides, I am talking about times like early mornings/late evenings when there are few clerics around to ask for a buff and/or are mostly AFK.

On a side note: I've soloed Siren Castle with a wizard at level 115 many times and without a cleric.

• would be cool to have an npc that you can drag around to kill things for you too, you know when glads aren't available :D

side note : could get on board with an npc that gives t1 buff, and only t1. buffs were part(nearly the whole) reason i leveled hk to cap

p.s getting easy access capped buffs would give clerics less things to do, especially lvl 47-131 clerics who cant overbuff 132 max buffs when clerics already sit around waiting for kqs because the game has little need for them with SC, even saying crit buff is "needed" is a stretch when skins/SC can create 70%+ crit consistently

• You discount HKs too much. Should probably learn how to use one.

Lmao, are you joking? Besides buffs, the only things that HKs really have is Deadly Blessing and God's Benevolence, the former being easily substituted with sc and the latter being infrequently used mostly due to glad's pride. What's the point of making a HK if you can get a Guardian, who can heal better and do damage better than HK? HK Healing is pitiful and their 135 set has trash set effects compared to a Guardian lmao. The only time HK is really good is around lvl 115 perm, where they can at least use DDF sets full time. As for your ridiculous notion that people make HKs more than Guardians, the only reason that happens is precisely because they like HKs for buffs, because HKs at this point have only very niche purposes and hang on only by a thread. Guardians are by far more practical with everything else they do.

• Maybe put this NPC in Roumen so low level players can get it. Also let it be free and the buff should be strong like the last buff before becoming a HK so I assume 9x lvl.

• I could see this as being helpful especially for lower levels, maybe it doesn't have to be a max buff just like a level 100 HK buff or something similar. That way there is always an option to get some kind of buff if there are no capped HKs around at the time you need it.

Also to people saying HKs are useless, you obviously don't play capped content. HK's are better in all 3 raids at 130+ and are more requested than guards. Guards are better in OD wars/pvp healing

• I'm against to this idea as well.

I do understand that sometimes it can be annoying not finding a capped Holyknight at your disposal to offer you the best buff (even though on Isya some academies offer a buff service covering the majority of the day) but that doesn't really justify the act of stripping away an exclusive skill and make it a NPC feature.

Imagine if there was an NPC offering other classes abilities such as the Archer evasion buff, the Templar buff, the Shield defense increase of Knights, the Demoralizing skill from Fighters, the Aim buff from Mages or the Nimble Defense efffect from Tricksters? (or any other ability who define a class) - Would that be fair to them?

I think you should also consider the fact that, in order to being able to get the best buff the game offers, a lot of Holyknights had to work on capping their character by spending a considerable amount of time and effort your are going to devalue with your suggestion.

At least till level 100 the game is perfectly playable pve-wise without Endure (actually I could say even till 135) so isn't like a matter of life of death for which you're badly in need of this buff 24/7 and even if you feel it a must, there are always other options such as Vitality/Mentality scrolls or the Extender from the cash shop who offers the same MaxHP/SP extensions benefits.

Or perhaps you can consider the idea of marry an Holyknight (thats what my wife did!) or level your own for a lifetime's supply of buffs (and heals!)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake ().