Ultimate Crusader/Templar guide

• aight ! its time for plebs to become crusader senpais.

WHY CRUSADERS ? cuz they are fun class to play. So many shiny skills and It is not as hard as fighters/glads (ok knights too :D) where u have to set swap like crazy people.

SKILL EMPOWERMENT

I'll go with priority first ~

CD on Light Blast.

CD on Heroic Strike. (You might wonder why add points on this, but this skill is key for crus skill circulation and CD helps a lot so JUST DO IT *in Shia LaBeouf's voice* )

[CD on above two is not needed unless you PVP, use the points on cd of Light wind and Light explosion instead]

DURA on Moonlight.

CD on Sunlight.

CD on Advent.

CD on Light Jump. (don't need unless you PVP)

DURA on Solid LIght Shield. (BIG LIFE SAVER, Your HP wont drop below 1 for 8 seconds regardless of how much damage you take, but use points on this past level100 or if you are on +0 gears and die often)

CD on Light Touch. (spam this skill as often as you can imagining your mom yelling at you)

CD and POWER on Illuminating Heal (bet you'll feel like a mini-cleric every time you use this)

CD on Shining Earth. (OH YES BABY, THE LONG AWAITED BUBBLE SKILL)

CD on Light Orb. (4 points is good enough, 5 points if you want to perm orb without any delay in between) (At cap you get 24% dmg/mdmg bonus from this which is like a NB/DB SKIN's stat)

FINAL SKILL POINTS (AT CAP)

50S6VMR

STAT POINTS

I personally prefer 25 SPR (5% crit) 33 DEX (9.9% aim and 6.6% eva) [dex is flat increase till they fix it] rest STR.

(I've seen many ask why STR and not INT or maybe hybrid. My reason for STR is the number of pdmg skills are same as mdmg skills, and esp with CD on Heroic Strike/Light Strike you spam those non-stop for a good skill combo. Also the attack speed on blade is 1.0 which means more damage on auto hits if u have STR on build).

You could go 25spr and rest INT which is totally fine. STR was just my preference.)

WHY NOT MIX OF INT AND STR ? That is like pineapple on pizza, it feels right but it is not actually. You are better off focusing on one and dealing massive damage according to your skill build than splitting your stat points into STR and INT and minimizing the damage.

PVE TIPS

• If you know you are squishy jello, always remember to use lifeline for gradual hp regen before you mount up and start mobbing.
    • After mobbing, get off mount at some distance. Use Light touch for damage absorption (so you don't die by the time advent lands on mobs) and use advent to stun mobs. Then you smash all keys hoping mobs are dead before you are.
    • If you are about to die, cast Solid Light shield and don't restone right away. Use Lifeline and maybe Illuminating heal if you are higher level. Wait till last second of shield and restone then. If you still manage to die somehow, look around and find someone to blame.
    • If you just use final light there is 1 sec delay in casting, make sure to spam light wind or light explosion next so you can kinda skip final light animation at the end.
    • If you ever get speed decreased/poisoned/or any damage-defense-evasion debuff from mobs, use Sunlight to cure them.
    • Support crus role : Mob if you can or let the tank mob, provide them a constant Lifeline hp regen. Dont use illuminating heal else you will get agro and kill yourself if you are squishy and end up killing your pt members too. Don't do that unless you hate your pt members or your day didn't go well. Provide Shining Earth for pt members that has most aggro of mobs to protect them. Light Orb near mages such that it's aura can reach many people from party for damage buff. Advent when Fighter's stun is done and spam all your aoes. Incase you take agro or take too much damage from mob's aoe, move back quick using Light Jump.

PVP TIPS

• Use Lifeline and illuminating heal before you fight vs any class for double HP regen.
    • Practice dodging devastate of fighters using Light jump. It may seem hard but once you get the hang of it, it'll be really helpful.
    • There are three ways to counter Fighter's devastate.
    1. Cancel their devastate by casting advent a second before as show in the image. Right on top of the player. ( This is prediction, PvPing often you can kinda tell when to expect a deva, may not work always though.)
    2. Dodge the devastate by using Light jump on right time. ( You dont have predict this one. This can be done if you practice lil bit )
    3. Cancel the devastate using Ascension. (Same as advent cancel, use it a second before deva to cancel it. Totally a)

3JXqdKZ

Dodge their deva and stun them too if you place advent in the edge. Only portion of advent's circle should be hitting the player.

Pdt3LrB

• Always cure poisons/ranger's bind and debuffs like slash/demo instantly using Sunlight.
    • You can cast Light Impact (KAME-HAME-HAAAAAAA SKILL) instantly by using Sunlight first then Light Impact.
    • While fighting gladiators, avoid using Sunlight + Light Impact and use Sunlight + heal for quick cast.
    • Always use Illuminating Heal after casting Light touch so you don't die by the time heal is casted.
    • If you see Wizard/Warlock casting Ice Field, use Light Jump at last second to avoid getting trapped inside ice.
    • When a ranger binds you, use all support skills to keep yourself alive and try not to use light blast. Your light blast will bug when the ranger binds and runs back beyond your casting range and you wont be able to use any skill till bind ends. This also means no heals/sunlight if you glitch yourself and it is a sure death if poisons are on you. They've boosted ranger's 110 bomb damage and it deals crazy damage, lessen the damage taken with light touch when you get hit by bomb.
    • A good trap combo is placing advent somehow (let's hope opponent lag and stood there like frikin nub) use heroic strike-light blast combo and at the end of 5 second use Ascension of knocking up opponent for another 1~1.5 sec and dealing few more hits. If this is done right, you will be hitting opponent for 6~6.5 seconds without taking any damage.
    • If you feel like using moonlight make sure to use it after dodging devastate when you vs fighters or at least try to get the opponent in advent stun so you have solid 5 second + 1~1.5 second of ascension time to deal maximum damage without getting stunned/stiffled and wasting your moonlight time.
    • Shining earth (YES BUBBLE SKILL AGAIN) wont work when you are at low hp and the next hit has enough damage to take you out, the hit will go through your bubble and you will be kissing floor.
    • NOTE : The effect of sunlight to cast the next skill gets bugged at times if you use the sunlight while moving or the skill after sunlight eg: Light Impact. Once you get stiffled by mages, do not use sunlight while moving else the effect will never trigger and you will be stiffled for the whole time. Use sunlight standing still and wait for 2-3 sec till it cures the stiffle. You can remove stiffle instantly if you have sunlight's red buff already and use it next time when you get stiffled (no 2-3 sec delay and works even if you move while casting it).

STAT PREFERENCE FOR GEARS

Level 1~120 : Ideally end/dex is better like every other class but if you on a budget just high end gear alone should do the work (dex is a must only if you are a perm and PVP).

Level 120~135 : Hp/Aim/Def with any added dmg/mdmg for PVP & Hp/Def/Dmg/Mdmg for PVE.

IGN : Bala *hmu if you got anything else to ask and i'll be glad to help*

The post was edited 16 times, last by Bala ().

• for my 76 perm, i dont have cd on advent or light jump or moonlight, but thats just something i got used to :D since a lot of times, ppl dont insta deva anyways, but ig if i expose myself, ppl will know i dont even have the skill up now, instead of thinking i got basic skill point setup :/

Until they nerfed light jump to 30 seconds, and now im just like wtf D:

"You remind me that the world is sometimes good - but I'm a fool for believing in you"

• Thanks for the great guide!

Guardians - BertIsHere & BertsHeals
    Rangers - Oxenfree & RecklessOptimism
    Spectre - Expressionism

Mostly on Isya

• I love this mini guide lovehoney Thank you !

Katahrah 135 HK ~ LilyBloom 135 Lock~ Frena 135 Glad ~ Nympha 129 SS ~Bayoneta ~129 Reaper ~ Konuichii ~ 126 Sader

Cypion ~ISYA~

• 25spr does little, especially when all the skills are mixed dmg now, or the amount of skills are burst based, Str/dex/int 25~40int/dex rest str more usful imo, and i have tons of Crusaders/Templars. CD on all those skills are a waste, cause of the amount of time you spam the kills overlap their Cd's, need max dmg on more skills rather than CD at higher levels. It also depends on which you would Rather go in PVE cause single target dmg skill sets aer completly different than AoE Based ones, DDF needs a lot of AoE and raids need more single target damages. If you disagree, let me know, i have capped and built dozens of Crus/Templars.

• 25spr does little, especially when all the skills are mixed dmg now, or the amount of skills are burst based, Str/dex/int 25~40int/dex rest str more usful imo, and i have tons of Crusaders/Templars. CD on all those skills are a waste, cause of the amount of time you spam the kills overlap their Cd's, need max dmg on more skills rather than CD at higher levels. It also depends on which you would Rather go in PVE cause single target dmg skill sets aer completly different than AoE Based ones, DDF needs a lot of AoE and raids need more single target damages. If you disagree, let me know, i have capped and built dozens of Crus/Templars.

This guide was mainly made for beginners and not for perms. I won't recommend damage on AOE's unless your templar is solely made for DDF. I also took into consideration that most wont use SC so 25spr for 5% crit rate is basic. As of those mixed builds of 25-40, i'd rather suggest people to build their templar based on their skill empowerment or focus one damage output than going hybrid. CD on mentioned skill is desirable for both PvP/PvE. I would like smooth circulation of skill over one burst cast of skills then waiting for them to get done with CD which breaks the flow. I'll be glad to check the way you made your templar with burst damage and how it is different from mine before i alter this guide. Thank you ~

• i think you should remove that % stat next to dex build. since its just flat bonuses o3o

:/Buff Crusaders at all levels:/

• I’d like to point out as a general rule for all classes: DEX is not worth the point investment for any class once you reach 120+.

Despite the ‘free stat’ tab showing % value increases in aim/evasion you’re not actually receiving a percent at all, its a flat increase.

Example: 33 DEX supposably earns 9.9% aim and 6.6% evasion but in reality you’re only increasing your aim by 99 and evasion by 66. Those points would be much more beneficial in STR/INT/SPR, especially at cap.

• I’d like to point out as a general rule for all classes: DEX is not worth the point investment for any class once you reach 120+.

Despite the ‘free stat’ tab showing % value increases in aim/evasion you’re not actually receiving a percent at all, its a flat increase.

Example: 33 DEX supposably earns 9.9% aim and 6.6% evasion but in reality you’re only increasing your aim by 99 and evasion by 66. Those points would be much more beneficial in STR/INT/SPR, especially at cap.

i think you should remove that % stat next to dex build. since its just flat bonuses o3o

Fixed it ! ty guys

• hey guys! I just made a Crusader and it is becoming a bit hard to keep leveling because saders are really squishy.

Any advice to improve my survavility?