Global Gold Sink - Suggestion/Solution

• -well as for the T6 drops from shiny system, mixing your half truths and debasing the suggestions and miss-stating the truth doesn't lead us forward, it's just telling us to debate and that doesn't help us.
    - as for the scroll market price issues the NPC "inventory" additives didn't make the private "alchemy" sales lower when gamigo "fixed" the time to gather and sell ingredients and added more t2-3 ingredients like leathers and teeth. "we've seen the "alchemy" prices stable out in a month or so after that fix,
    so, that would be a pro for slimes/ramsears/mushrooms/saps being added too. because those take hours and hours to gather. and there is always going to be some fighting over spots, (believe me I've seen that too) and the NPC is the winner in that domino result. because the "scroll" productions are still stable, and the silvers are bleeding out of the circulation stack by stack.
    as for hurting the "scroll producers" it doesn't matter because they're still happy to sell by making items as income, it's just easier than spending hours to gather it. And these methods have already been shown. so no reason to try to debate over it.
    -- as for your idea of circulation aka re-distribution of the gems in the so called private sector doesn't do anything with other economy currencies flows, Aka cash shop, thus anyone, buying tradeable charms can make the market price "10 gems for 1 charm". (it's just that the in game community has enough sc buyers to sell premium items.) as well as other methods of bot gold sellers (because they are bringing in gems somehow, surely "you" can see 1000s of gems sold every day and where did those come from? they surely weren't circulated over time), which messes with the inflation of the communal economy market price. and there isn't any NPC who would soak or bleed out any Gems in that circle you're talking about. thus the communal "money" is static currency wise..., so why try to "debate" over it? it isn't a solution to gold sinking.
    -as for the second gold sink, capping prices, it does happen. just google it. cap-pricing is in UK, and other countries. it's putting out a decent price, with other factors to create it with a safety net of general price(s) inbetween. simply put. (as an estimate, your Utilities costs.001 cent a second on electricity. that cap is there because it's making sure you're not getting gouged by electric co-op's or private industries. and it was implemented by lawmakers) the same can be done in fiesta. although it might take a bit more thinking. it's just something that I fiddle with when i'm talking too. feel free to debate on that one.

• Really guys, can we not attack each other please? So few players now - lets stick to constructive criticism on ideas to hone them and then present a united front to gamigo hmm?

• Can we have a nice discussion that doesn't derail itself overnight?

Here are some guidelines for discussions:

1. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    2. If you don't like it, state your own opinions, don't tell the other person it is stupid for not matching your observations.
    3. If you don't understand them, ignore it. Don't comment.
    4. If you think they are posting ideas to insult you, LOOK AGAIN - most of the time they are not. Don't make things bigger than it really is.
    5. Don't insult anyone. Period.

Thank you :)

Gold sink is a touchy subject, there will be a lot of different views. It would be most ideal if there wasn't such a big gap in money earnings between low and high levels, but there is, and I don't think people will appreciate a lowering of all income number to coppers provided we already have an influx of gems, so let's see if there's a viable way we can work around it. There are a few ideas here already, perhaps there are other suggestions.

• All this doesn’t matter anyway if gamigo keeps ignoring us. There is plenty of good ideas out there about tons of subjects already that never got implemented.

Instead they implemented some useless kq.

Maybe instead of writing more ideas we should be harsher on gamigo and GM’s like honeyteddy for not representing the playerbase. Because honeyteddy, you can say all these things but the bottomline is that gamigo never listens and you don’t represent us or critizize gamigo in the slightest..

Without change in gamigo nothing will happen with any idea you guys post here.

Discussing further is useless as long as gamigo refuses to listen. As long as GM do not represent or even try to go against gamigo.

No point people.

Many of you have no clue what atrocious things this company does or how stubborn they are even when good people are handing out the key to fixing stuff. They refuse to hire those people. Theyd rather keep their stuff the same and hire GM that do not talk back and are not critical, no improvement.

It’s sad

• Excuses Excuses.

You gotta remember something HoneyTeddy...the game is full of capped players. Gems and Gold will ALWAYS be the primary Currency thanks to the way items cash out at the NPC's and Repeat Income. SO!...No. If this game gets lively again once the economy stabilizes (which it honest could, dont be a negative nancy) people will actually have money to afford things and want to actually play, especially if Gamigo really takes a huge interest in what we have to say since I am sure other players of the other games do not give two flips about us as we don't them.

Global Incentives are a GOOD thing, and will utterly balance out the available gears...think about the bigger picture and stop being short minded. You are a GM, yes. You have just as much influence as we the players do on the way this game operates and progresses, but if you just want to live in the now, you can't live in the future.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• And people wonder why GMs don't reply XD

I cannot remember the last time our responses were not misinterpreted.

I haven't made any excuses. I have asked:

1. Everyone to be civil and stop attacking each other.
    2. For other people's opinions or suggestions, based on what has already been discussed (and also based on not wiping economy clean of money).

I don't say things here because people will take things the wrong way simply because I am a GM. This doesn't mean I don't discuss game matters in the team. You just can't see it. I don't ban people for discussing things that are constructive, but I will ban people for not respecting other people's rights, and insulting others - as per our forum rules.

• (facedesks)

I'm just gonna walk away from those statements.

GM's aren't attacked as they're being held accountable...you're being held accountable by shelling out the static generic BS you and we have all heard for years. Instead of approaching the community as a open minded, civil, fellow player - you could just honestly have said the following (AS an example).

"Sorry, we GM's do not have the privilege to disclose such information as we ourselves, are left in the dark. We have only bits and pieces of information that could be considered extremely misleading to the community, if it were provided. We can forward your suggestion/statement/request to the proper team, but please be patient is all that we ask."

Its simple business tactics really.

You're not giving away anything, you're not making yourself a target, and you pretty much Shut The Door and end the issue.

As far as my thread goes, people are entitled to agree, disagree, add on, or take away and utilize it in their own sense.

#LeaveItToBeaver

You can clean up my thread if you so choose, or close it. Matters not to me :-)

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• And people wonder why GMs don't reply XD

I cannot remember the last time our responses were not misinterpreted.

I don't say things here because people will take things the wrong way simply because I am a GM. This doesn't mean I don't discuss game matters in the team. You just can't see it.

Isn't that all the more reason GMs should reply? We constantly misinterpret what you say because we don't know what you mean if you don't communicate with us very often... :/ unless people are purposely trolling which most of us see through right away.

Technically you talked about gold sinks being a touchy subject and implied that you discuss game matters with the team but didn't directly say the gold sink ideas from this thread have been forwarded, so have they?

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• Isn't that all the more reason GMs should reply? We constantly misinterpret what you say because we don't know what you mean if you don't communicate with us very often... :/ unless people are purposely trolling which most of us see through right away.

Technically you talked about gold sinks being a touchy subject and implied that you discuss game matters with the team but didn't directly say the gold sink ideas from this thread have been forwarded, so have they?

#GrabsPopCorn

I'll Wait :-)

• Isn't that all the more reason GMs should reply? We constantly misinterpret what you say because we don't know what you mean if you don't communicate with us very often... :/ unless people are purposely trolling which most of us see through right away.

Not exactly, people are usually looking for specific answers, and we can't always give those. I've always made my posts as detailed as I can - it's usually the attitude people try to misinterpret. All GMs are GMs because we want to help other players, not because we want to flaunt power and ban people. I don't know any current GMs who would like to ban people 'for fun' or to oppress people.

Of course this suggestion has been forwarded XD

Gold sink is touchy because there is no one 'correct' answer.

You can see on page 1 that [CM]Zao has commented on this in the past as well. I can also confirm [CM]Veralya also knows of the gold sink issue. Yes we have discussed this topic in the team as well.

We know every suggestion that has been put on the forums. Whatever is here can be seen by everyone, there's no need to wonder if "has x staff seen this?" we all have. In fact, you have almost as much suggestion powers as GMs do by just posting on the forums. It's just a matter of making sure you word it properly so it is easily understandable, and also realizing the pro, cons and implied effects of your ideas. That's what discussion is for, not a slugfest on who's right and wrong.

• It's just a matter of making sure you word it properly so it is easily understandable, and also realizing the pro, cons and implied effects of your ideas. That's what discussion is for, not a slugfest on who's right and wrong.

Well said HoneyTeddy! I'm getting annoyed seeing the rants at players who's opinions differ from their own, or just a "do this pl0x" attitude, so I can only imagine how much more you see/deal with! :)

• *yawns*

Now that we're down a GM, perhaps its time to really start looking at what's coming our way.

Please keep in mind, that I've been paying close attention to EVERY file change these past few months, and I've noticed a huge trend with Gamigo. Inch by Inch they're making specific changes that make things "better". Not sure if anyone has really noticed this or not, but the particular spikes and devastation that we've been seeing here lately in game play, makes a player wonder. Have you also paid attention to their FB feed? They're dropping teasers again -_-

Nothing about implementing ANY of our ideas, suggestions, or hearing us out.

MTX's comin'

• Holy mother of all that is ungodly and unholy in Isya...

Where's our Gold Sink already?

Sheeeeesh...

Oh, and maybe this will fix the community's issue.

DISABLE GIFTING!

(waits for the rage)

• The reason this idea hasn't been implemented, is due to it's ability to have an impact with people purchasing SC.

Why buy a 20% Quest Booster from the shop when you can donate gems to get it?
    Why spend so much on damage SC/charms/rants when you can pay gems to get the bosses to spawn quicker/drop more.

All this comes down to one thing.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Current Guild Master of OneWingedAngels Guild.
    Current Raid Leader of the Alliance.
    Current IQ: 203 (and counting!)
    -
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Add me on Discord and ask me anything Fiesta related:
    Rei#9999

• When you come up with such suggestions it's worth while to see it from the companies perspective as a business. If I had to make an educated guess, most of the revenue for Fiesta Online comes from Charms, Enhancement protection stones, quest boosters and other pay to win items.

That's why all of these suggestions for improving enhancement rates to make it less pay to win or adding things in game as alternatives to the cash shop are rejected. It will decrease revenue significantly.

Overall your ideas are way too drastic to implement. Such a huge overhaul would be effectively be game changing and would require the approval from all regions, the main one being DE else the regions would diverge too much and it would be much more work to maintain.

With this type of gold sink in place, the influx of players means more revenue for Gamgio.

You do realise there are barely any new players joining the game? Simply changing the game to become less pay to win doesn't mean an influx of new players. There are some things at the core of the game which prevents new players from joining.

1. Outdated graphics and outdated game play. There are so many MMOs for new players to choose from, if you were going to sell Fiesta to a new player when they have so many options to choose from (some with better graphics, some newer mmos with better game play) how would you sell it? I'm curious.

2. The new player experience is terrible. If you have ever tried to make a new account you will notice yourself. Most players probably quit before level 20 or level 60. Even less reach max. A lot of new accounts are from existing players making new characters for farming or alt reasons.

3. Too much pay to win, even if these ideas are implemented, there's still too much pay to win for the average modern player.

I could go more into detail but I'll stop there as I don't want to put off any new players (please join, it's not all doom and gloom, there are positives too! haha).

BUT I do agree with you that there needs to be a gold sink. High level quests give a lot of money and there is nowhere for that money to go other than right back into the player economy or trade between hands. I know you have good intentions but I think we need somewhat less drastic changes which can fit better in the overall game without too much effort.

For example:

The mount system was changed so that you no longer have to feed your mount. Originally you had to buy the mount feed from the cash shop, so it was very pay to win. Now though, the mount system has been changed and you are no longer required to feed your mount.

What could be done something like this:

• Make mounts require feed again.
    • Make the feed available in game from the merchant NPC.
    • Higher tier mounts require more feed (or higher tier feed).

In addition to make this a win from a business perspective, you could:

Add premium feed in the cash shop which will restore a more significant amount of hunger or even over restore hunger. When over restored you gain a bonus of sorts like increased movement speed for your mount as long as it's hunger is 100%+. The bonus could be related to something else as well like increased stat buff or better health regeneration while mounted.

Another idea could be armour and/or weapon durability, you can go to a black smith in the game and repair your equipment for money. From a business perspective, they could add a cash shop item to reduce or make the cost 0 or prevent your armour/weapons from down grading.

EDIT: Another idea I had a while ago was taxing the vending shops. You could make it so you can only vend in town maps, then set the tax rate for each town to also try and spread out the shops. For example tax rate in Uruga could be 20% while in Roumen it could be 15%. Or maybe a smaller margin to prevent everyone from just going to one map for the gains. Then a premium item which reduces the amount your taxed LOL

Though the issues here are that the players will complain because they don't receive any benefits. It's not a good change for them because now they have to spend money on mount feed or repairing their equipment, hence if this is implemented some players will be upset.

Other players will see this and think the company is trying to milk some more cash out of them by introducing more premium alternatives. Realistically though, how much pay to win are these suggested features compared to what's already in the game? It's just an alternative method for players who would rather spend some real money on the game to support it.

The post was edited 3 times, last by coolguy69 ().

• MrFarbodD

Good and strong valid points.

But, I was thinking more along the lines of our economy.

Whats gonna happen when we SINK all the gems outta the game?

Hmm?

The game COULD populate again (more than likely will)...and it's not because of graphics...if people wanted a graphically intense game, they can go play on xbox or waste their time playing PC games that can be played on a console.

LOTS of people that quit, have hundreds of gems between their accounts and across all servers.

You mean to sit there, tell me that OWA on Pagel and other top raiding guilds on Jeni and Enid wouldn't want to pump out their $ for a slight reprieve from having to buy charms all the time?

Seeing as how we can get 4 hour 50% charms from monster drops now...kinda defeats the purpose you know...

Lucky house dishes out tears like candy...and roars...and xp cards...AND 50% buggy rants...oh and alchemy boosters too...and crab mounts, weapons, etc.

Lets look at the larger, longer, further down the road picture here.

I appreciate your input, but with a failed product, you want to attempt to make it more appealing when customers already familiar with it...know what to expect.

Adding in some extra incentive towards a popular product...especially something that APPEALS to the desire/needs of the customer, is smart business.

Sure, they'll take a hit for what...a MONTH? They took a larger hit when they dropped the 135 cap and people said "Nope...@#$% this, I'm out!"...

Especially since now they don't want to work on anything that's relatively meaningful to the community.

Correct me IF I'm 100% wrong.

• Would you risk major change and most likely a large chunk of revenue to repopulate servers or attempt to fix an economy (that probably not many players seem to be worried with from what I can see) when the presenter of the idea uses words like "try" or "could" or "likely" when referring to the possible outcomes? If you try to sell an idea and use those words then your point already has significantly less strength.

I'm confident the players who quit didn't quit because of economy instability or game difficulity. There were probably a mix of factors, it's possible that these issues may have been some. I think a majority of the players who quit did so because of several combined reasons, these changes wouldn't affect their long term return. Maybe they will return for a short period of time, but there's no gaurantee they will continue to play again.

I admit though that I am not entirely aware of the situations with the other servers or the specifics of what happened after the server merge, so I could be wrong.

I greatly encourage and support any ideas or suggestions but, I think there are some flaws and details which have been overlooked. I won't dive deep into this but a large change like this needs more scoping and in depth planning, taking into consideration risks, advantages, disadvantages, revenue, growth and other factors from all sides using, if possible, real data. I could go over your points one by one and list the advantages and disavantages (I did start writing it out but decided not to continue), but I'll leave this up to you. Just keep in mind to think outside of the box and step into the shoes of the opposing side.

At the end of the day, you're looking at risk vs reward and this is a business unfortunately. Old players may return but I don't think they will stay and I don't think this will affect new player experiences significantly enough for it to be an advantage. In addition, while this may positively effect the current player base and potentially improve economy, I believe this will be short term and there are bigger problems to worry about. Overall I think your suggestion requires some balance in regards to satisfying all parties.

Thank you for taking the time to create this thread, I appreciate the time and effort you put into this. Please don't be off put by what I said, I am simplying trying to clearly communicate my thoughts. I encourage you to try to convince me otherwise, expand your points and continue this discussion, I'll continue to read posts here.

• With any proposal, there will always be areas of gray and loop holes that can be exploited or cause more harm than good in certain areas.

I for one, voice out...and I gave a lot of thought to this idea.

The sole purpose of the idea was to literally DRAIN the economy of G's and create a larger influx of gears.

With the amount of money players make now a days on Isya being capped or holding out from capping to keep doing a particular repeat...its rather evident that something needs to be done to rebalance our economy...and you can thank OOS for screwing up with the Neps and Zombie CC repeat glitch payouts back in those days. Our economy got utterly WRECKED thanks to the Neps repeat, and then when repeats glitch and can be turned in with spammage...hey.

I'm not rich by ANY standards, and I dont rock enhanced gears unless I can get them at a reasonable price...which here lately hasn't been possible.

In uru, there's a lock set I want. +0, fails, and the seller wont give it up for less than 20G. NOPE...bye felicia.

Having an incentive might drive down a months worth of SC sales, but the player base would either rise, stay the same, or flock for more repeats to pump more G's into the global pool to activate those bonuses. Having the buffs STACK as I mentioned, would make farming even more easier, driving prices down even further.

Supply, Surplus, Demand...

People wanna move stuff so they can progress with their gears, right?

Well...if we have these huge increases to our drop tables with the ability to farm longer while being stronger - Ta.

By no means do I want to cause a Loss in revenue to Gamigo...but if the economy balances out, game becomes fair again (massive amount of weapons and gears to choose from, while not costing an arm and a leg)...people might convince others to come back or join up. Cash shop sales will gradually increase with more people enhancing, charms will sell, teva's will sell, exp cards will sell, ect.

Nothing Changes...just a Win Win for everyone in the long run...and with the amount of G's people can pump out at Cap and End Game, the flow will never end...acads will stay funded, players will have money, and gears, and who knows...more people will be willing to participate in raids and not just have one guild lord over it.

Its all I'm saying here really.