Guild Tournament - Ghost guilds registering issue

• I'm listening when there is substance. I like your thought pattern in this case, Shawn_V01 , and yeah, no worries, MintyGreens , we wouldn't exclude active guilds no matter how small as long as it is clearly active.

I have to say, I like a lot of what this thread has put forth, but Shawn is right in one area, a few of the more elaborate ones would require a lot of work. We are not against it, but we do need to see if it is doable for us without neglecting other areas of the game.

So since this is a more immediate issue, I will see if we can make small alterations like originally suggested and take the rest of the ideas into the next creative meeting! It might take a week or two, though. I will get back to you once I know more!

I am not sure I see the connection between arena and GT there, Darknight , do you think that making arena a prerequisite would bring more players to arena? What do the others think?

Thanks for all your suggestions! 💛

• As long as Arena is random teams and a friend can just hold the enemy flag, Arena is terrible as a group PvP activity like GT is meant to be.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Zao

I will say this, making arena a prerequisite is not a smart idea. We have ALOT of drama over arena as it currently stands, especially with unbalanced teams and those who choose to afk the match make it even harder, which in turn would kill off GT, if this would be the case.

The quest point system would work out in everyone's favor as we always have people doing their Daily, Hunter, Instance and KQ quests rather frequently.

Look at it like this for example...

Putting in this requirement, MIGHT help motivate people to actively start participating in KQ's again...especially those in raid guilds, or those who are in active farming guilds. Those dailies COULD entice people to actually partake in doing their "part" to help their guild get into GT.

Now, as I mentioned earlier - Changing the way GT is played, might be better suited. We all know that Charms and whos got the "stacked" characters have the advantage. Changing it to Relics and Purchasable Items only for the match would be a better alternative thus eliminating PVP "drama" from the match itself. The more people you have, the better your odds, thus involving my 5-10 lvl 100+ players online for the match or forfeit idea...Can't have 1 person going up against a group of 30 and expect to win, they'd be shut out in a matter of seconds and waste their time.

Sure this will take some serious brain-storming - but adjusting it to make it more functional and enjoyable (minus the pvp aspect...yea go ahead trolls, fire away) for the entire community. A rewards revamp for sure needs to be considered, as well as "Runner Up" prize buffs I mentioned earlier on *shrugs*

Thoughts? Concerns? No Troll Flames Please...im allergic to bull<censored>…:sleeping:

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• No harm in bringing up new ideas but we wont get far if we get sidetracked by solutions that might seem good on the spur of the moment but would ultimately just make more damage.

Many GT veterans have offered actual valid suggestions in the past that weren't even considered, so as much as finding a long term solution would be the auspicable outcome, let's just focus on the here and now instead of chasing dreams.

Because at this juncture gamigo doesn't have the technical competence to make complex and well rounded implementation to the GT system, its best they try to address the issues within their skill limits. Maybe once they have more resources they could start tackling the problem with more refined solutions that could take in consideration real activity levels of the players within a guild, and not just fixed values of levels. But we are nowhere near that so please less speculation and more actions at this point. Let's have the technical person spare 2 minutes of his lunch break to change these 2 values and get rid of 90% of the fake guilds.

In 2019 no proper guild, doesnt matter how small or irrelevant, wouldn't be able to have registered 20 or so level 100s and some capped players and like 50 chars in total.

No guild without that amount of players would even be able to consider taking part in GT (unless they too rely on getting paired with fake guilds to advance in the brackets, but what's the point of even playing then? Unless they are also trying to take advantage of the system with minimal effort), so please dont cry about how small guilds should be able to register to GT. I don't see any ACTIVE guild of that kind from the ones that usually register, so if they aren't doing it now they have no right to complain about a similar change being applied

• Woah!....easy there Warpy

No one's firing shots here at anyone.

Gamigo has the ability to change strings and simple lines - But with you're statement, you lack faith. We all lack some kind of faith in them as a gaming company, but...with the expectations of the players and with the way the game currently is - eh.

Just changing everything in GT to the way Spring Battlefield works makes it all the more sweeter and much more challenging. The whole idea behind GT was a generalized CTF with boosts and pvp...but PVP is heavily unbalanced, and should be removed from GT. Tactical warfare, planning an approach, gathering the most viable relics, and utilizing readily available debuffing items would make for a better match-up.

Putting a Quest Point system restriction on guilds to be able to register, would only allow ACTIVE guilds and PLAYERS (oh yes...that's another thing that needs to be taken into account) to actually participate. Keep this in mind, people hate each other...its the MMO world after all, and there will always be drama, there will always be flames and trolls as well as backlash and sabotage.

With Arena, FBZ, and Abyss (who does abyss wars anymore lmao)...who needs PVP GT matches when people just gang you and literally BOMB you at your spawn point?...instant death should await anyone attempting to enter the opponents base...1hko mechanic...true damage of 150k should be applied lulz!What?...am I Starting to poke your inner beast?

I know I'm poking someone's inner beast...and i'm relishing it every, step, of, the, way.

Zao

Shots Fired bruh!

Shall we dance? 8):D;(:D8)

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• I dug a little into the old patch-notes and I believe that the exact requirement to join GT is the following:

lBlhWH3.png

(I don't think there were any changes on GT from that patch, but if this data is inaccurate, please let me know!)

Needless to say, these requirements are too obsolete, especially if we consider how easier levelling has become now. In fact, many players have a sufficient number of alt characters meant for farming /raids who, if put together in a guild, can qualify for GT without problems.

I agree with Warpy when he says that to solve this problem all is needed is to tweak the numerical values a bit, no drastic change is necessary.

Example:

To participate in GT aguild you must pay a fee of 10 gold and:

- Have X characters between the level 100-110

- or have Y characters in the 110-120 level range

- or have Z characters above level 120

and if we want to add an "activity check", it could be something like this:

- at least (N)% of guild members must have logged in at least (N) times in the week prior to GT enrollment.

The values can always be adjusted based on the players' feedbacks, so there is room for a compromise not too severe that can help to skim off the ghost guilds.

As for the idea of Shawn, I have to be honest and say that I'm not a fan for the simple reason that it reminds me of the trend that Gamigo has put into practice in most of its latest content, which is basically a set of daily quests you must do, specific items to need to obtain, or certain numbers you must reach to access some contents.

A lot of limitations and slowdowns at the core of the content that turn out to be tedious and are something I'm strongly against.

So if this idea would actually be implemented, it will result into another stressful pre-requisite set of quests that will end up to force players to commit to some sort of "race" only to have a chance to access to a content they desire to play. Don't we have enough of these systems already? Is it really necessary or needed to have this for the GT?

I feel like we're missing the goal, which is suggest something to fix an issue and not make a whole feature overly complicated for everyone else.

Shawn's idea is actually not bad and something that might work theoretically but not empirically, kinda like the most recent Party Match System reworked by Gamigo or the Academy System: features that have a very nice concept behind them but they are either a failure or end up to be rarely used for the purpose they're meant for.

• Everyone already knows about the X amount of level X's to be in the GUILD...but having X amount of players being ONLINE, and have earned a spot in GT with Applicable QUEST POINTS EARNED...

Then of course, if players aren't online at GT Recall, Poof...Forfeit.

@ Everyone Against a DECENT GT change...

Let's just keep it simple, keep it easy, and keep it maintained.

You guys get sick and tired of signing up just to go against Ghost Guilds...right?

Here's the solution. Either take it, or shut up already and quit your whining about GT not being fun.

Treating GT like Spring Battlefield (literally eliminating the PVP aspect of GT) will make it MUCH MORE challenging. Numbers Vs Numbers Vs LUCK of the RNG Gods. *shrugs*

Relics and buyables as well as who's got the faster mounts and people = WIN.

Gonna sneak into the enemy base and bomb everyone? Nope. 1hko for 15,000 damage. If your hp is above 15k...well, you're an easy mark at that point, and watch how fast people gang you (if pvp is left in). Really wanna spam that Magic HP pot? Go ahead...waste your money, but the aura should be slapping you for 15k true damage per second :D;(:D

SO...either we get something like the above for GT, or just deal with ghost guilds and we'll all sit back and munch on popcorn and sip our favorite beverage watching you piss and moan like impotent jerkwads :whistling::D

• @ Everyone Against a DECENT GT change...

Let's just keep it simple, keep it easy, and keep it maintained.

You guys get sick and tired of signing up just to go against Ghost Guilds...right?

Here's the solution. Either take it, or shut up already and quit your whining about GT not being fun.

You say we need to "keep it simple, keep it easy" yet your suggestion is the opposite: it is complex and more work than is needed. Nobody said that GT was not fun, it's just the ghost guilds preventing the real guilds from gaining entry which ruins the availability of "fun".

Now, this isn't sounding like someone who is"poking someone's inner beast...and relishing it every, step, of, the, way." :/

Treating GT like Spring Battlefield (literally eliminating the PVP aspect of GT) will make it MUCH MORE challenging. Numbers Vs Numbers Vs LUCK of the RNG Gods. *shrugs*

Relics and buyables as well as who's got the faster mounts and people = WIN.

Gonna sneak into the enemy base and bomb everyone? Nope. 1hko for 15,000 damage. If your hp is above 15k...well, you're an easy mark at that point, and watch how fast people gang you (if pvp is left in). Really wanna spam that Magic HP pot? Go ahead...waste your money, but the aura should be slapping you for 15k true damage per second :D;(:D

This thread is not about changing the entire game play of Guild Tournament, it's about weeding out the ghost guilds. It's naive to think Guild Tournament would be reworked so drastically in terms of game play while a large amount of the player base enjoys it how it is. Additionally with Gamigo's current list of projects, this would be near the bottom and a change wouldn't be made for months or even years. However, Warpy's suggestion of raising the requirements is simpler and can be done more readily. Keep it simple and keep it easy.

You complain about the PvP aspect of GT when PvP is one of, if not, the biggest source of income for Gamigo. Having top tier SC, charms, enhancing gears, jewels, weapons, etc. Why would Gamigo remove a form of PvP from Fiesta when they make so much money from PvPers?

SO...either we get something like the above for GT, or just deal with ghost guilds and we'll all sit back and munch on popcorn and sip our favorite beverage watching you piss and moan like impotent jerkwads :whistling::D

So if it's all the same to you, my friends and I who love GT would rather "piss and moan" than advocate for changing the content entirely <3:*

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

𝐍𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧 | 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐞 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

• (grabs popcorn and sips his beer)

Welp, the <censored> fest begins.

Look, you can argue your points all day, and all night long. Silently, your guild(s) are probably front runners and yall enjoy those GT rings *shrugs*

Good for you.

How is it complex? Simple Checks. Added line or two of code to generate a "flagged" system for the guilds total completed spammed daily quests. Points earned. More Points = Obviously ACTIVE.

New "check" added instead of the Recall...don't got at least X 100's on? You Forfeit. - That's about a few lines of code...ADDED to the already existing Recall Check.

Disabling Combat? Simple. Copy and Paste from Spring Battlefield. Add a few disabling consumables, True Damage consumables (i.e. hits for a 100% guaranteed amount of HP no matter what), and add some script in so that X color entering the facility of the opponent's base gets hit for X Damage per second, and disables any and all buffs, relics, and active boosts (i.e. Endure, Immune, Scrolls, Pots, Etc.)

How difficult is THAT?

Pretty sure a NOVICE could script this, and inject it properly.

Warpy's suggestions and just RAISING the limits higher will still be worked around as its utterly easy to obtain 100 these days. One can simply reach 100 in a matter of a WEEK or TWO with the greatest of ease. So that counters that.

The quest point system is a simple If And Or Then type of scripting...to best put it for those without technical know-how.

ANYONE can code C#, C++, HTML4, HTML5, and the lowly Java.

Just takes a lil patience, but once you understand the concepts...that's it.

I poke people, and look what happened...I got your attention and you responded rather...diligently?...to put it kindly.

Just like I got the attention of some of the Whales on a few other topics and ideas that I have thrown out there, and the massive amount of backlash received (similar in nature of your posting) explains quite a lot honestly.

SO...#ShotsFiredAgain

We done?

Quest Point system or Bust.

Simple.

• Look, you can argue your points all day, and all night long. Silently, your guild(s) are probably front runners and yall enjoy those GT rings *shrugs*

Good for you.

You don't seem to be understanding that guilds don't do it only for the rewards, but also for pure fun. So you can laugh at the GT rewards all you want, it doesn't matter and this thread is not about changing the rewards. (GT necklaces are actually very popular for raids now, for your information).

Warpy's suggestions and just RAISING the limits higher will still be worked around as its utterly easy to obtain 100 these days. One can simply reach 100 in a matter of a WEEK or TWO with the greatest of ease. So that counters that.

If the requirements were raised substantially, the issue would become less. There would still be a few ghost guilds, but the bracket wouldn't be dominated by them every week. The current requirements, as posted by Cupcake, are 10 level 100 characters. That's a joke.

How is it complex? Simple Checks. Added line or two of code to generate a "flagged" system for the guilds total completed spammed daily quests. Points earned. More Points = Obviously ACTIVE.

New "check" added instead of the Recall...don't got at least X 100's on? You Forfeit. - That's about a few lines of code...ADDED to the already existing Recall Check.

Disabling Combat? Simple. Copy and Paste from Spring Battlefield. Add a few disabling consumables, True Damage consumables (i.e. hits for a 100% guaranteed amount of HP no matter what), and add some script in so that X color entering the facility of the opponent's base gets hit for X Damage per second, and disables any and all buffs, relics, and active boosts (i.e. Endure, Immune, Scrolls, Pots, Etc.)

You keep adding things to your suggestion as we go on, making it more complex than just raising the requirements. I still can't understand why you want to make another Spring Battlefield when that KQ never gets participation. I understand you most likely don't PvP/GT or don't like it, but as I stated before PvP is a huge profit income for Gamigo. Getting rid of that aspect in GT is unintelligent. Ever since GT was announced it was PvP as it is now, taking that away will ruin a long time loved activity from Fiesta. It's simple: If you don't like PvP you don't have to do GT.

The quest point system is a simple If And Or Then type of scripting...to best put it for those without technical know-how.

ANYONE can code C#, C++, HTML4, HTML5, and the lowly Java.

Just takes a lil patience, but once you understand the concepts...that's it.

I don't understand scripting, and won't act like I do. From my perspective it doesn't seem easy. However, since you obviously know what you're doing , I think you should explain it in greater detail so we can all understand. Maybe then we will start to understand your idea.

Thanks, I am happy I responded so swiftly. Especially when someone is being so rude to everyone else so their point comes across. I believe the backlash you receive is because of your attitude, calling people "jerktards" and "whales." While those are.. interesting insults, they aren't exactly ways to get people on your side.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• Neopolitan

Stop derailing the topic.

Whale = Maxed Cash Shop Player; someone who spends mass quantities of RW Currency on their account; a "loaded" player; etc.

Learn your gamer terms before making assumptions.

I wasn't adding anything more than a simple Quest Point System and a few minor changes to the way GT works.

People wanna PVP? War. FBZ. Abyss. Arena. Simple.

Making GT less orientated around Combat would make it FuN...or did you forget what fun was?

Making the players earn their spot(s) in the preliminary draws to fill the roster with the quest point system SHOULD be something added. Then having the recall recoded to CHECK for X amount of players online at one given time for the match...should also be added.

Whats so hard about that? Nothing.

• Whale = Maxed Cash Shop Player; someone who spends mass quantities of RW Currency on their account; a "loaded" player; etc.

Learn your gamer terms before making assumptions.

You're right, I learned something new. I just call them "rich players." All well, guess I should go pick up a gamer dictionary.

The combat in GT is the fun. It's why guilds enjoy it, two guilds fighting it out. Just because you don't find it fun doesn't mean the rest of the community doesn't. As stated before the quest point system would take Gamigo a longer time to add than just simply raising the requirements (which to my understanding would be just changing some number values). In my eyes it would be a quick fix that could be adjusted in any major patch that coincides with Gamigo's priority list. Nobody wants to do more work than is needed with a quest points system, some real guilds only do GT because content in Fiesta is rather lacking. They shouldn't be forced to slave through quests they don't enjoy.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• why should GT not have pvp LOL. It's the whole point;( there's also a reason nobody does spring battlefield-it literally sucks. So why would you make spring battlefield 2.0.

keep GT pvp or bust 👊

• (sips coffee)

(Troll Face Grin)

Welp, I see where this is going.

Alright, so GT stays PVP.

Quest point system, and X total online check for Recall needs to be added.

Bases also need to be safe for everyone. No one likes having someone literally bomb the base, see it all the time in matches I've watched and participated in. Hence the 15k true damage per second suggestion.

Now, before you all start flaming and raging, throwing your temper tantrums as I knew some of you would (said it earlier in the thread), lets just remember...Gamigo has the ultimate say so on what happens with their product, not us :D

I mean, we give em ideas that are sound in principle, but the community always has something to complain about since it doesn't meet their needs. Look, you wanna have a sound idea, that benefits Gamgio AND the players? Think like an investor. What's going to bring you $, but keep your consumer base just on the edge of being pissy, but pleased to some extent with what is released?

If my ideas for GT are soo bad (and spring battlefield doesn't suck by the way, its a CTF for easy purple pots all day every day) then you guys come up with a viable solution and fix to stop people from whining soo damn much...but keep it so that people can still actively participate, and ENJOY the experience, and not get wiped out by some clown bombing your base every other minute :D

• They can just put up a barrier at the entrance or further down the hill for the bases? It's literally that easy.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• They can just put up a barrier at the entrance or further down the hill for the bases? It's literally that easy.

They could, but where's the fun in that? Huge true damage per second makes it more chaotic.