Guild Tournament - Ghost guilds registering issue

• Like this idea! :)

Actually, GT is done for the token rewards which can be exchanged for jewels and Rama potions which cannot be won anywhere else. Rama potions can be rewarded from the Hunter's Union quests, but you won't get a large amount quickly and it's a random chance. These jewels and potions are used for world boss raids currently. So, getting rid of GT would get rid of these very important and rare items. GT is also fun, people would not be doing it if they didn't enjoy it. If you don't enjoy pvp or don't do world boss raids, GT might not appeal to you and that is okay. But there is still a substantial player base that does GT and enjoys it.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

𝐍𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧 | 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐞 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

• +1 for a revision of the system, I do agree that something should be tweaked with the requirements needed to join the tournament into something more effective.

It's a shame to see a content being abused by few for benefits rather than allowing guilds who legitimately want to participate for competition.

• +1 for a revision of the system, I do agree that something should be tweaked with the requirements needed to join the tournament into something more effective.

It's a shame to see a content being abused by few for benefits rather than allowing guilds who legitimately want to participate for competition.

Yep. Competition is good and will keep people playing. There’s a significant player base that is interested in GT every week. But when ghost guilds fill the bracket nearly every week, it lowers morale and people become inactive.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• GT doesnt really effect the bottom line $ wise since most the ppl are sced anyways a few bucks in charms isnt gonna make them put work into fixing the issue time vs profit ya know lol

• GT doesnt really effect the bottom line $ wise since most the ppl are sced anyways a few bucks in charms isnt gonna make them put work into fixing the issue time vs profit ya know lol

To be fair, players buy more than just charms for GT. Such as Tears of Legel and unhealthy amounts of Magic Potions;) To some players these are not the most expensive items, but buying in mass amounts the total begins to add up. I know a lot of people who play Fiesta solely for the purpose of GT because it's fun and other areas of the game are dry for them, so their money is going strictly into the best SC and items. Add in buying lots of Hammers of Bijou, because GT is PvP and generally those who enjoy this type of content want above average gear.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• To be fair, players buy more than just charms for GT. Such as Tears of Legel and unhealthy amounts of Magic Potions;) To some players these are not the most expensive items, but buying in mass amounts the total begins to add up. I know a lot of people who play Fiesta solely for the purpose of GT because it's fun and other areas of the game are dry for them, so their money is going strictly into the best SC and items. Add in buying lots of Hammers of Bijou, because GT is PvP and generally those who enjoy this type of content want above average gear.

no one and I mean no one gears and hammers just for GT the relics ruin the pvp aspect

• no one and I mean no one gears and hammers just for GT the relics ruin the pvp aspect

People gear and hammer for characters they play, even alts they are not that active on. I know on Isya there are specific guilds that their sole purpose is for competing in GT, and you mean to tell me that they aren't gearing themselves for it. Everyone has different opinions on relics, and that's okay, but GT is still PvP.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• GT isnt pvp lol its trash

And thats from someone whos won every GT they have been in ever

You can not dismiss the fact that it's PvP despite your views on it. It's not a PvE environment, it's competing against another guild. Fighting and defeating other players. Regardless, I hope to see you in GT more. Being undefeated is such an incredible feat, you should participate more often.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• Until they fix the server where people randomly get kick out and reduce guild numbers by a half. And give "certain undefeated guilds advantages" there is alot of things gt need to be fix in.

• Until they fix the server where people randomly get kick out and reduce guild numbers by a half. And give "certain undefeated guilds advantages" there is alot of things gt need to be fix in.

None of our suggestions will mean anything if the server stays how it is, robbing people of GT matches despite making it in the bracket. Maybe the changes implemented today, and more in the future, will resolve this issue which has become too normalized. Time will tell.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• Zao Can you take a look at this issue?

You can go for the easy fix and just update a couple values to eradicate the problem. It was done already a couple times by previous CMs

• Hey guys,

Warpy not sure what you mean, we usually don't just change values, but if you can be a bit more specific, I will see what I can do. What was what my predecessors have done, or what was the outcome in the end?

Thanks

Personally, I like the idea of Shawn_V01 with adding a quest system to earn GT participation. I will push it up the ladder and see what shakes, but I would also like to know what others think of this idea:

• Zao Sure thing, it's actually very simple.

In order to register for GT a guild needs to meet certain criteria, basically there have to be at least X players over level 100 (Forgot the exact figure as it was changed over time, I believe its 10), and I believe a minimum amount of players overall. These requirments should be pretty easy to verify in the code and to adjust, to reflect that fact that over the years it's become a lot easier to level a character to 100 to the point that some of the GT farming guilds are composed entirely of powerleveled chars made for that purpose alone, and in general it doesn't take much to start a new guild and fill it with inactive alt chars above 100

There are also relic guilds from the past filled completly by inactive players of various levels, mostly in the low 1xx, that are registered to GT by the last active player, purely to take advantage of GT rewards.

What should be done here is simply change the values of "X", from 10 or so level 100s needed, and double or triple it, or adding more "steps" such as for example 20 lvl 100s, 10 level 120s, 5 level 135s etc.

More refined solutions can be found, but all of them would require code tinkering. So unless you are prepared to put this as top priority, the simplest solution (adopted in the past from Kobal and others) is to just update those values

• Thanks for showing this thread some attention Zao. I personally do not like Shawn's suggestion because of how it would affect other components of Fiesta. First, the quest chains do not guarantee a spot in GT (as he stated its merely a higher chance), so those who spend the time doing these quests and do not get admittance will become frustrated wasting their time. Even if it's not a specific GT quest line, guilds who do GT regularly are comprised mainly of capped players, who usually don't do quests aside from dailies. Right now the cost to register for GT is 10g, and it does give everyone a fair chance to join who wants which I think should stay. If we want more legitimate guilds to be able to do GT, I don't think it should be done by making them do more work.

Additionally, the Guild Buff portion of the suggestion defeats the purpose of the academy system. As it is in game right now, the higher the academy ranking the higher the guild buff with the number one academy having a guild buff of 10%. If GT were to give this guild buff instead, the entire academy system would be useless and have to be reworked which is more work than I think anyone would want to do.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

• Warpy thank you for explaining it to me. I will talk to the team about it, but it seems simple enough to exclude inactive guilds by making a requirement at least 20 active chars, or for smaller guilds something like 80% active members or so. In addition to the other possible adjustments I am sure we can find a new sweet spot.

Neopolitan thanks for explaining your point of view. I agree that it shouldn’t be much more work, but we could combine it with another bonus, like an additional increase of percentage when done completely. That way it becomes optional. Or maybe we go the other way, because the way I understood Shawn_V01 is that if no one of the guild did the quest, you get zero percent chance (no participation) and with many active players, you will increase the final value to a higher percentage altogether.

• GT being PvP oriented maybe that could be a good opportunity to make arena much more active (arena being the daily farming for the final end week tournament).

I don't know how this could be implemented, and I guess this would also mean tweaking arena to avoid abuse but something like winning arena lvl 70 give one guild point, winning lvl 80 arena give 2 guild points...

Best guilds gets to meets each others at the end of the week.

I also like the idea to give PvE quests to get points since not everyone enjoy PvP but one does not prevent the other.

• Zao

That is correct.

We're not talking about how many repeats someone can smash out daily...I'm talking about doing Daily Quests, and over-all completion of them as a Guild. Ghost guilds will literally have Zero Chance to do this, as it will become too much of a chore. Those with the patience to do so, will do it. The next safe-guard to put into play here would be to do an "Online Check". If the participating guilds do NOT have at least 10 lvl 100+ players online and active, they forfeit.

So, an active quest point system, and with an "online check" in place - GT will be better. I would also suggest reworking it into a capture the flag scenario like with spring battlefield. Items and Relics only...should make for an interesting change, boring to others, but interesting none-the-less. I'd also rework the rewards for guild tokens also - jewels are dated, and that mount isn't cracked up to what should be since we have +5s and unicorns now.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• wait 10 lvl 100+ online and active? but We have beaten guilds with 10+ lvl 100+ characters with 5 solid players (not even all over lvl 100). Why should we be excluded just because we don't have as high of numbers at all the GT time listings? :/

That was just a prime example, not an actual request.

You really think Gamigo is going to listen to "ME"? LMAO!!!

They'll probably do the quest point system in a few months or something similar to it...

Never Know...

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif