[Maintenance] 09/26/18 - Discussion (Rebalance Part 1)

• Heal, Awaken, and Power Shot need the cooldown nerfs reverted.

Heal and Awaken are obvious, especially since HKs don't even see the buffs. If you want to keep the new cooldown, then there has to be a substantial buff that HKs get as well. Even for Guards the heal buff is 500 at cap, that doesn't do anything compared to 20k HP and taking 7-10k in a single hit.

The Power Shot nerf is obnoxious not because of less knockbacks, but because it ruined the SS skill rotation while Speed is down. There's a huge gap between Aimed Shot and Power Shot now so that you can't properly thread the ST DOTs into your autos anymore.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Also btw...If you use skill points before level 20 and THEN do promo. The game will eat your f**** skill points. Have yet to see them return to my count.

This happened with me and my level 19 cleric whom I used 5 points on Bash C/d. Just to test the water with c/d and damage. I did my 20 promo at 20, and noticed my points from bash were removed and not in my point count any longer.

In no way shape or form affiliated with Gamigo games. Do not DM me asking for personal assistance regarding forum or in-game accounts.

• Also btw...If you use skill points before level 20 and THEN do promo. The game will eat your f**** skill points. Have yet to see them return to my count.

This happened with me and my level 19 cleric whom I used 5 points on Bash C/d. Just to test the water with c/d and damage. I did my 20 promo at 20, and noticed my points from bash were removed and not in my point count any longer.

This is funny. Lol.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

𝐍𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧 | 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐞 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

• You know what...

Lets end this discussion about clerics right now.

Give clerics Glad Strength.

Give clerics Knight Defense.

Give clerics Archer M.Defense.

Give clerics Mage Evasion.

Give clerics Massive AoE's that are INT based.

Nerf their heals INTO THE GROUND! Remove Rejuv, Restore, Awaken and all the other heals...and make Heal only heal 10% of the CASTERS health, and 5% of the targeted players health.

There.

Done.

Shut Up about the 1 second add on to healing!

OMG!

Start using potions and stones, and PLAY YOUR ROLE BETTER THAN GOING FOR RAW DAMAGE and sacrificing DEFENSE + UTILITY!

Jesus...

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• Shawn I am nothing but def. I dont do strength I DO NOT WANT TO BE A GLAD> I WANT TO BE A FREAKING SUPPORT CLERIC BUT THEY NERFED MY HEALS. SO YES I AM UPSET AND YES I WILL TELL THEM. YOU CAN BACK OFF. IF IT DOESN'T BOTHER YOU THEN DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. I KNOW HOW TO PLAY MY CLASS SO STOP BRINGING UP MY SKILLS AS THOUGH I LACK WHEN I DON'T WHEN I HAVE BEEN PRAISED FOR MY HEALING AND SUPPORT WHEN I CAN GO ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT IS EXPECTED OF A CLERIC TO KEEP A GROUP OF PEOPLE ALIVE AND HAPPY. I USE MY SKILLS, I USE MY STONES AND MY POTIONS, EVEN REGENERATION POTIONS. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU ALL TELLING ME I CANNOT PLAY MY CLASS BECAUSE I AM UPSET ABOUT THIS ONE SECOND BEING ADDED. I AM SORRY THAT NOW I CANNOT HEAL MY PARTY LIKE A SUPPORT CLASS IS SUPPOSED, THAT GAMIGO RUINED MY FAVORITE CLASS, AND THAT ME BEING UPSET APPARENTLY OFFENDS YOU.

let them take back the changes to bash and attacks, who cares they never planned to make us comparable to an actual damage class which is fine, but they should change something in the ways cleric do questing so they dont spend ten times the time doing the same quest as everyone else. (whether it be reduced monster kills for clerics only or something creative). This heal cool down is ridiculous. I am sitting there waiting for ALL of my heal skills on cool down now while my party of 2 other people all had about 1k HP in a raid because i could not use heal to heal them.

• I actually seem to be doing pretty good dmg pre 100 o3o

But the bash and trip spamming eats at my sp so much.

That I have to agree with

"You remind me that the world is sometimes good - but I'm a fool for believing in you"

• MintyGreens

SHH!

Too early for the yelling, and I gotta deal with a buncha "Noobs and Trolls" today at work today.

If you thought I was serious about my cleric suggestion a few posts up...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• ok, i have read all these complaints about clerics. If gamigo would stop listening to all these people who have not played this game for 9 to 10 years since beta testing. Clerics were a secondary tank and other classes would help heal themselves and did not rely on clerics for everything. The one second is nothing as long as you have the tank targeted for main heal and archers and mages stand back by cleric. You can heal tank and click on aoe heal skill and then back to heal cause heal is off of CD. I have a character of every class and I have no issues except it uses too much SP now for the skills. The issue with PVE is if you have a tank and mage or archer in same party the skills can not be used and will cancel cause a higher skill is used from one of the other classes. For example a mage can not ice if a tank has them stunned and same for tank they cant stun if mobs are iced. Then skill goes on CD and was not used cause higher skill in effect. So in a party you have to pay attention and it is all about timing which can be difficult at times.

Back in beta testing days clerics were clanks, mages could kill fighters and archers were built to be mage killers. As long as people whine and cry about every little thing cause they cant play there class or rely on themselves classes are going to continue to get nerfed. We had to learn to play our classes 9 years ago or so and had team work. My cleric could tank any boss in any dungeon if the tank did not know how to play the class or build it correctly to tank. My cleric stepped in to save the run since we were back up tanks. Now I am hearing a tank yelling at mages in KKP to not aoe it does no good. LOL, my mage can tank KKP and it is a fail tank if they cant keep agro. My archer could even tank kkp. I am not the only player that can do this since we are from beta testing era.

So I wish along with a few of my friends from beta testing era that gamigo will stop listening to all these people who dont know how to play there class and blame other classes for there own failures. If gamigo returned all classess back to original except trix or sade. Mages kill tanks, archers kill mages clerics untouchable and secondary tankers AKA clankers then you all can be allowed to complain and bitch.

• I've been putting off posting cause I haven't played much these days, and I still haven't fully tested my cleric's skillrotation in a proper instance/raid, so I won't be going too much into it, but I do need to address a few things in this thread.

First of all, no one is mad about the extra 1sec cd on Heal ONLY to spam heal. When healing in a raid, there is no (decent) cleric that just sits and only uses heal. The 1s cd increase does however mess badly with our ability to swiftly change targets and heal multiple targets that are out of AoE heals' range. I've done plenty of instance raids like DDF and OC where I had to keep my distance and rely mostly on Heal and Rejuv while switching targets between several people tanking different things. In these cases, this 1s cd is pretty awful cause it feels like we're permanently lagging.

I guess we might just have to get used to it, but I also think we should be allowed to vent our frustration and give our personal feedback.

Like Moleman showed, our Heal skill got badly nerfed. It's not just the cd that's bothering us, it's also that our overall heal amount that we can do within a minute has decreased by a significant amount. I can't even imagine having to keep up as a HK nowadays, especially knowing Gamigo planned on stripping them even more of their healing abilities (according to the skill change proposals they posted long ago).

From what I can tell so far, our usual skillrotation got messed up really badly. Between each Heal, I can fit two other skills, but since those other skills got extra cd too, that doesn't keep up in a constant cycle of being able to use skills one after the other. Is this bad in itself? Not really, we'll just have to be a bit more smart about when we use our skills, which you guys have pointed out plenty of times (In a condescending way, might I add). But I'm pretty sure we won't be able to heal as effective with these changes, even if we use them with perfect timing.

But hey, that doesn't bother us, it's you who will have to use pots more and build your own char to be stronger ;)

Also angel80621 you're comparing the way the game was 9 years ago with the current game. Not only have classes been changed, but also the higher lvl content isn't balanced the same way the lower level content is balanced. So the roles that the classes filled back then, aren't really that relevant anymore nowadays or only in particular level ranges.

(Anyway, if anyone needs a cleric in DDF or OC, let me know, I'd gladly come and test out the changes for myself.)

Guardians - BertIsHere & BertsHeals
    Rangers - Oxenfree & RecklessOptimism
    Spectre - Expressionism

Mostly on Isya

• I manage just fine...

Not really struggling to keep up in raids or keep a squishy +0/3 mage on their feet doing random s__t like quests and the likes.

Honestly dunno what else to say....

cept whatever...

Oh and its obvious that Gamigo nerfed heals for a reason...everyone's thinking it...but they're afraid to say it...

So I'll just come outright and say it.

Gamigo Nerfed Heals to Boost Charm Sales to Higher Heights!

If this isn't true...then please, prove it to me.

BUUUUUT! With the way content is...and how this game has progressed....tell me otherwise.

1 second is 1 second. Other heal skills got the slap in the face as well, but you know what? 'stead of goin' in face first into chaos...time to plan out your raids, plan out your mages AoE's...and plan out how you're going to crowd control.

The people I used to run DDF with on Pagel knew how to do this...and I used Gran and Shut simultaneously...same with ML HC and HG HC...as you can clearly see, haven't been a part of the "newer" tier raids so I can't honestly speak on behalf of clerics over my playing levels. But from what I have heard from the 125+'s...their game play has changed up drastically, and efficiently.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shawn_V01 ().

• What have you done to warriors (specially knights)? fighters not getting buffs (except for mock), reducing block rate? increasing cool time for it?. Now reducing dmg on vitality? so...now you will kill slower and diying faster? well at least if you going to take down the block rate (knights are the most affected), you could give us more base defense, or increased defense for knights sets. or just leav the block rate as before, but nerf its cool time, or instead, nerf block rate, but leav the same cool time as before. but i just can't accept now this balance for earriors (knights)...look like the next:

1-more aggro (mock)

2-less defense to hold more mobs with mock (block rate brutally reduced and cool time increased)

3-lower dmg to kill mobs that will cause more dmg on you without a block rate.

knights dont need this, knights were very balanced as they were. SORRY BUT I DISAGREE COMPLETELY THIS NEW BALANCE FOR WARRIORS (KNIGHTS). i dont think there is anyone could give me a coherent argument that why is this a GOOD BALANCE FOR KNIGHTS OR HOW THIS WILL HELP KNIGHTS...

• Mandyalexa3  

Knights were in a terrible state before this and everyone can agree that Glads were OP not necessarily because of their damage, but because they were still so tanky because of having the same defenses on gear as knights.

The aggro changes were absolutely necessary for Knights to be able to take and hold mobs/bosses. They were also planning on giving Slice N Dice more aggro as well, hopefully that comes in the future. Nerf to Vitality I think is fine. It makes it so that you have to either accept that you are no longer super tanky as a Glad or use it more situationally. In my opinion the nerf to Vitality shouldn't hurt Knights outside of a 1v1, which the game shouldn't be balanced on at all.

The changes to Toughness are iffy. While I agree block rate was OP for both Clerics and Knights, it was more so on Clerics and they didn't get any nerfs, probably because Gamigo accepts that they're supposed to be the reliable back-line. As you said, I believe decreasing the block rate, but keeping the cooldown would've been a better change to Toughness, or keeping both of these changes while increasing the duration to be similar to Stone Skin would be good also.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

• The changes they gave to knights are nice to have but not fixing the problem, balancing the game with small patches one after another with a month in between is stupid, bad and wont help players much at all unless one of those patches is a really good one. A knight is still useless, sure some use him as a tank here and there to save on charms e.g. Khazul but a glad is still the superior choice. The need to change the Knight into a CC machine and/or decrease the defense of all other classes/increase the damage of PvE so only a Knight can tank otherwise I dont think a Knight is going to be viable again. The Vit change is a good step into a better direction for a Knight but not enough, some say its still fine, other say you cant Vit at all in 135 PvE now. Id like to see defense decreases of Glads by 30%, bugfixes to some skills & a nerf to the debuffs a Glad provides.

I can see why they changed the Blockskill, werent you able to get to a high block% with a skin, an end build and a 135 shield? They probably dont want Clerics/Knights to get close to 100% block since its also a form of tankyness. I like the change, doesnt really change anything really tho I dont play one at 135 PvE/PvP

• The problem is that while I understand there are more changes coming that might help with the issues brought in by the first patch, people are struggling for an entire month because Gamigo doesn't have enough developers to make a few number changes in 2 weeks.

Sneak attack for Reaper is actually broken, but nothing for two weeks.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

• even with the power shot cd increased. I still see archers dominating o3o

Fireball on the other hand.... 17 seconds with -4.5 seconds max cd??? xd

Also crus blue/orange weps need 1% more crit o3o

If I recall its judt 1% over greens while every other class is 2% o3o

"You remind me that the world is sometimes good - but I'm a fool for believing in you"