Reaper 110 Skills adjustment.

• I was playing on my capped Reaper in fbz3 today and started to play around with the 110 skill just for fun. We all know that no one ever uses it seriously because of the long cast time at close distance (1.5m) for *meh* damage. So I had a lvl115 Wiz Stifle me and I told him to use Chain Cast and use Blink to teleport far away as soon as I started to cast my 110 Reaper Skill (Killer's Order). When the skill was finished casting, it jumped me straight to him and killed him even though he was so far away that his face icon had disappeared from my screen. This made me think, I would use this skill if it could get me to my enemy despite the cast time (especially if they're running away), except the problem was that I'd have to be 1.5m away to cast the skill. And that's when it hit me! JUST CHANGE THE CASTING DISTANCE. Make it a casting distance of 30.m so that it's cast time wouldn't be a problem. We Reapers can surely make use of a skill that gets us closer to our enemy (especially kiters).

So basically change the 110 Reaper skill Killer's Order to have a Casting Distance of 30.0m.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Harpy: Grammatical errors + new information ().

• +1

Having a totally useless 110 skill must suck. The change suggested here seems quite simple for them to adjust so I'm for it. Also, seeing that the Spectre 110 skill is totally awesome and powerful, this little change for the Reaper 110 skill shouldn't break anything.

• Why are not we going to read this? We are still working on the rebalance and this is one of the skills that we plan to change (although it will not be in the first phase of the rebalance).

The plan we had in mid for this skill was to reduce the cast time instead of increasing the distance like a "finisher". In order to catch enemies, assassins already have the necessary tools.

• Well, thanks for the first real info regarding the balance, shorter cast time? good.

I said "they wont" because they never answered any thread with a decent answer, guess you proved me wrong. Lets hope that wont be the first & last answer with useful information

• It won't, if you guys want to talk about anything regarding the rebalance, I am up for suggestions, so please go ahead.

• Since the first balance patch is coming next week, why are you the only one (for now) giving information about the topic in general? Havent seen anyone else mentioning it, or is it because others are on vacations & the first official statement is coming Monday/Patchday itself? Why do you think "smal changes" shouldnt be tested on the test server?

Can you give insight in which direction every class is going?

• Well, first of all, the first balance patch is not coming next week, it will take a bit longer to test and correct was is not working properly. About why am I the only one talking about this topic, it's because it's not top secret and when someone asks I don't mind answering (if I know the answer ofc).

This first rebalance patch is not available for players because the game experience wont' change that much, we are aiming for improving classes (or nerf a bit the op ones). The second part of the rebalance will take long to test and the plan is to make you guys able to check it, more into specific changes and mechanics.

Our goal is to give each class a defined role, or at least make those classes more notorious. Right now most of you guys are playing classes not because of specific and cool stuff, but because they are better than the other available class. For example, it's not common to see a Knight tanking in raids / instances. Why? Gladiator can do the same work, dealing more damage and keeping the aggro more efficiently. Our goal, as I said, is to define roles. When someone mentions a Gladiator, I don't imagine that guy tanking every single monster in the game and dealing tons of damage at the same time, my clear view of a Gladiator is a guy dealing a lot of damage but instead, facing some disadvantages like low defense or a really dangerous playstyle.

And that's one of the example I can give you guys for now.

• Since the first balance patch is coming next week, why are you the only one (for now) giving information about the topic in general? Havent seen anyone else mentioning it, or is it because others are on vacations & the first official statement is coming Monday/Patchday itself? Why do you think "smal changes" shouldnt be tested on the test server?

Can you give insight in which direction every class is going?

wich classes is op? is that archer/mage (warlock?) and berserker?

• Oh, I thought its coming next week since you teased that something players were waiting for a long time is coming, curious what it is then, my bad.
    Its pretty easy to define the warrior class since its a tank / dd split and most people expect the gladiator to take hits but I was more curious about not as defined splits like the trickster one.

Well hopefully you can give insight about every subclass in the next few weeks.

Just some quick follow-up questions then:

How willing are you guys to completely change a class play-style and delete old or create new skills ?

Are you planing on changing old instances / bosses based on results to fit the balance better?

Are you planing to release a new expansion / content update in between the balance phases? After the first one / before the second one

ConfusedPlayer Havent played 135 for a while but Gladiator for sure, arguably Mage. I think the remaining classes are underperforming

• As a Capped Reaper I'd take 30.0 Casting Distance over Shorter Casting time. If you played Reaper you'd know that we won't waste time using that skill even if it had a shorter casting time plus the 135 Set gives Razor Claw more damage so that would obviously be the better skill to use. PLEASE don't waste time changing the cast time! Or if you'd like to change the cast time AND the casting Distance I'd be okay with that too. I've played a lot in fbz3 and I know that Casting Distance>Cast time for this skill. It must however be 30.0 Casting Distance to make it truly useful I would say. Also the animation for the skill is very pretty and if you reduce the cast time then there wont be enough time for the full animation or maybe the animation would be rushed. So again I'm asking, and I'm begging, just change the Casting Distance to 30.0m. I know that we've had suggestions in the past about this skill and no one thought about changing the Casting Distance. I'd say all those who play Reaper would love the Casting Distance change over the Cast time change, and we can even test it so they can choose which one they prefer.

• As a Capped Reaper I'd take 30.0 Casting Distance over Shorter Casting time. If you played Reaper you'd know that we won't waste time using that skill even if it had a shorter casting time plus the 135 Set gives Razor Claw more damage so that would obviously be the better skill to use. PLEASE don't waste time changing the cast time! Or if you'd like to change the cast time AND the casting Distance I'd be okay with that too. I've played a lot in fbz3 and I know that Casting Distance>Cast time for this skill. It must however be 30.0 Casting Distance to make it truly useful I would say. Also the animation for the skill is very pretty and if you reduce the cast time then there wont be enough time for the full animation or maybe the animation would be rushed. So again I'm asking, and I'm begging, just change the Casting Distance to 30.0m. I know that we've had suggestions in the past about this skill and no one thought about changing the Casting Distance. I'd say all those who play Reaper would love the Casting Distance change over the Cast time change, and we can even test it so they can choose which one they prefer.

Actually i agree, Reaper should have some skill who actually get the enemies offguard, and 30 casting distance to get warped to enemies might actually make fights more intressed against OP mages ;)

• Well i don't want to talk much about this since i don't have a reaper but seriously 30m? That's insane i don't mind you guys getting some cool range but don't go into the archer real its enough that knights have a skill with a ranger the same/bigger than SS Distant shot i mean for gods name you ppl are not a ranged class to get so much distance but maybe 15m would work since that its the usual distance our normal skills have (archers i mean) the really long ones and we have only 1 has 30m so that would sux to steal the distance from us

• Well i don't want to talk much about this since i don't have a reaper but seriously 30m? That's insane i don't mind you guys getting some cool range but don't go into the archer real its enough that knights have a skill with a ranger the same/bigger than SS Distant shot i mean for gods name you ppl are not a ranged class to get so much distance but maybe 15m would work since that its the usual distance our normal skills have (archers i mean) the really long ones and we have only 1 has 30m so that would sux to steal the distance from us

Reaper is like a rogue, means we should get some benefits to actually deal those "amazing dmg", right now it feels like thats pretty hard since ranged kills us before we get close? :p, doesnt that mean atleast some kind of "Hide/sneak" benefits should be added like a true "Reaper(rogue) hhee

Since after all their really arnt any reason to have low cooldown on skills if you actually have no way to get close to the target, so in my opinion you have to rethink the use of reaper since right now it rly arnt any benefits if they wont get atleast 1 ranged skill to be able to get close to the target.

• When was the rebalance announced ? Like 5 years ago ?

Why does patching a game take 5 years ? Just why ? Do people realize how long 5 years is ?

Besides that, the suggestion is nice.