• did someone have ever try a dex based cleric?

Yes i have. Its not good tho because cleric evasion is 1 of the worst. Probably the worst xD.

So only good on cleric for pvp, but pre 110, the only viable level to pvp, is level 50.

70 is kiiind of, too if u do arena, but og perms dont use sc or legs to pvp. Just a moral thing for them.

For 110+ i have no idea for

"You remind me that the world is sometimes good - but I'm a fool for believing in you"

• I saw that DEX is one of the second main stat of clerics.
    first STR, then DEX and END.

i thought it would be a good idea for pve

• well yea. My first comment then.

If u dont plan to pvp tho. Id say just go full end.

If you do plan to pvp. 50/70 is the only viable places. But unsure for 100+

Just remembered they did add a defense break for like 120+ or something. So maybe thats viable? Idk for sure

"You remind me that the world is sometimes good - but I'm a fool for believing in you"

• Just jotting this all down for when I make my first Cleric since 2012 :)

PLAYED: 2007-2012, 2019-

SERVER: Isya

CHARACTER: K00KIE (HighCleric, Lvl48)

• Sorry for the late reply. I have heal cd and bash cd/dmg.

I am mostly solo on cleric too.

My points are heal and bash sp reduce n basic power, not on cd since they already have low cd of 4.0 sec.

• hi. im a capped guard and i like hitting things rather than healing things.

my stats are 60 END/33 DEX/30 SPR and the rest STR because why the hell not.

if you don't want to be like me and be like the rest of the cleric community, go full end.

ok but perm dragon horns when

• to explain the 33/50 dex for folks,
    the 33 is where point addition drops off in effectiveness for aim,
    and 50 to 55 is where it drops off for evasion.
    hope that helps.

gear stats affect the primary use for those stats, but not the secondaries.
    So SPR on gear affects mana limit and m def, but not crit rate, unless,
    it specifically SAYS crit chance, and is proven through testing it in use..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Philzey ().

• a capped hk or guard isn't really going to need dex as it doesn't really give enough of a boost to damage to be deemed necessary
    STR for damage, END for added p def, SPR for m def, although if your objective is just to face roll, spr and the main healing skills won't be much use as those are more for support, but they can help you last longer when fighting and self healing,
    for my end, doing both of those things is kind of irritating, so like crusaders, it's better to pick one, and stick to it.
    put points to the things that boost your defense and damage if you plan to just run up and punch something in the face.
    at their core, that's not what clerics, holy knights and guardians class were created for, it's just another way to play them.

i originally came to this thread looking for further insight but still haven't seen any, so right or wrong, there's my stab,

• a capped hk or guard isn't really going to need dex

Hm.

Wouldn't this be deeply incorrect? As HK's now need to be able to have enough aim to hit their bash on bosses, and in PVP you need aim to land things like silence or extinguish (also need to be able to hit extinguish in pve, ddf for sure unsure for higher dungeons tho). I think you can also miss the purge skills, assuming there's any HKs out there that actually know what all of their skills can do lol.

Like assuming you hated the idea of pure END, throwing some DEX in there wouldn't be the worst thing.

• Hm.

Wouldn't this be deeply incorrect? As HK's now need to be able to have enough aim to hit their bash on bosses, and in PVP you need aim to land things like silence or extinguish (also need to be able to hit extinguish in pve, ddf for sure unsure for higher dungeons tho). I think you can also miss the purge skills, assuming there's any HKs out there that actually know what all of their skills can do lol.

Like assuming you hated the idea of pure END, throwing some DEX in there wouldn't be the worst thing.

Ive never seen my purge skills miss the single target or the aoe version. but it might be a possibility.

Dex in gears are more than enough for HKs to be able to bash things as well as aim scrolls. Our maces have decent aim. I don't think I miss really ever on normal mobs and i dont run around in high dex (if any at all) gears nor use an aim scroll outside of raids. raids i dont think i miss in recent memory as long as i remember my aim scroll.

• Hm.

You have enough aim to hit the Bosses. I've never See my HK missing a skill. DEX on gear + an aim scroll = everything is fine

Full END is the best way to skill cleric

SignaturFinishNeu.jpg

SS/HK/Zaubi/Luna/Assa/Ordi/Hexi

135/135/135/132/125/115/115

• DEX on gear + an aim scroll = everything is fine

Dex in gears are more than enough for HKs to be able to bash things as well as aim scrolls

Yes but let's say they didn't have dex in gear then maybe, if for some reason they didn't wanna be pure end, that would help right?

Full END is the best way to skill cleric

Yes. Always.

• Yes but let's say they didn't have dex in gear then maybe, if for some reason they didn't wanna be pure end, that would help right?

Yes. Always.

Not necessarily. As the rest of my statement above not just the part you cut out said, maces have decent aim already, I also am not in dex/aim heavy gears (so your example of didn't have dex in gear) and I don't really miss, I use the aim scroll in raids or against tougher opponents who have higher stats. However, what will benefit a HK most is that block rate from end. To stand with the bosses and block most of the damage from aoes, or mobs hitting you is more important than aim. Evasion might be nice, but you are more likely to block an attack with shield than you are to dodge an opponent with an HKs eva being what it is.

I also never advocate for full end, but rather the 25-30 spr and rest End.

If you worry about putting dex on your HK in some misguided thought that you would be missing on enemies if you didn't then it would not help, because HKs are already decently equipped with a good aim.

However, if you just like dex in your builds regardless of class, then yeah go ahead and do what you want.

• if youre looking for an "interesting" build for HK try out 50end/rest STR or 33dex/50END/rest STR

this way if you DO wanna be in the front lines, youll still have your HP/block rate as backup your str will help you kill things faster, and you can avoid SPR because of crit buff

you can also do a glass cannon HK, which isnt so glass if you invest in gears/SC which is 33/50 DEX rest str or pure STR(with aim scrolls of course) this is a more viable build for PvE

as others have said, if youre looking for full support, full END is the way to go and just use aim scrolls for bashing if youre a HK

all of this being said, i have never personally felt saved in PvE by pure END, pure END is most definitely a saving grace in pvp situations though

at the end of the day, give whatever you want a try, and if you end up hating it, you can always reset your stats and try again

TLDR :

PvE builds : pure STR - 33/50dex rest STR - 50END rest STR - 33dex 50 END rest str

full support PvE/PvP builds : full END

damage PvP builds : 50END/rest STR or pure STR/ 33dex/str if youre heavily SC'd

also to answer the question about dex, for pve its not "needed" as aim scrolls can make up for aim easily, however for pvp with the EVA based cap we have right now, it cant hurt to have it if youre fighting:thumbup:

• Again, dex is not needed for aim on HKs in pve, their aim is always fine for the level of monster you fight with the appropriate leveled weapon. (Sometimes even having lower level weapon, I capped using a lvl 114 mace).

You will hit. Bash will not miss. I just did some tests yesterday and i hit everything, not a single miss, on any mob, not even in pagels battlefield. Next time I raid i was going to do a aim scroll=less run and check if i miss in dungeon raids.

In fact you would only want dex in your build if you are pvp because then its important for you to go against players who increase their eva so you CAN land that bash.