• 2015_09_Klassenauswahl_priester_174b9692-6122-11e5-8540-f04da23e.png

*Some of the information that will follow has been acquired from FiestaWiki*

How about we start with the different classes that the Cleric has?:

• Cleric
    • High Cleric
    • Paladin
    • Holy Knight/Guardian

Here are the different type of weapons that you will have access to:

• Maces: The mace is the basic weapon for Clerics. It's a bit more accurate then a hammer. Its attack speed is slightly higher.As far as damage goes it's really outclassed by the hammer, if one is having accuracy problems, one should switch to using a mace but it is not recommended to do this before level 40. It's the weapon clerics start with at level 1.
    • Hammers: The hammer is slower and less accurate than the mace. However, its higher damage may appeal to certain players. Many Clerics will use hammers, then switch to using a mace after level 40.

Always look for some extra END and/or SPR. END will increase your health and defense while SPR increases Mag. defense, your SP pool AND your chances to do some critical damage, something all clerics need more off. STR isn't necessary but it wouldn't hurt to have some, especially for a mace-user! DEX is like STR, not necessary but would certainly help out a hammer-user. INT is completely useless for a cleric or any other class that isn't the mage

Here are the current different Builds:

• 25 SPR/Rest END- A generic build for support clerics. They will have decent defense against both physical and magical attacks while the 25 SPR will increase their SP pool.
    • Pure END- A good build for anyone who doesn't want to take almost any damage from physical attacks. This gives the cleric a tremendous boost in survivability with high defense and HP. The downfall of this build is magical attacks as END does not give any bonuses for Mag. Defense and having a smaller SP pool for skills.
    • Pure STR- While clerics do the least amount of damage, adding STR can increase their damage output. Mainly a soloing cleric build as most parties would rather have a fighter to keep the aggro off them instead of a cleric.
    • 25 SPR/Rest STR- Another soloing cleric build but this one allows for more SP as well as critical hits.
    • 25 SPR/33 DEX/ 50 END/ Rest STR- Another solo build. The DEX you add gives you a bit of evasion which always helps.

*If you guys have any additional information on regards to skill points with different builds or simply any other information that could be useful to this guide, Please leave a comment and it will be my pleasure to apply all the necessary modifications! The Wiki guide was quite empty (so is this one) So let's add all the up to date information that we can!!

• Question on empowering skills. I just leveled up to 40 and have 4 points to empower skills (I didn’t know where to put them so I just held onto them). I’m a soloing cleric with pure strength and use mainly a mace. Should I put my skill points in any of the skills up to this point (if so, where?) or just wait till later skills to use them?

• INT is completely useless for a cleric or any other class that isn't the mage

or a crusader

If you guys have any additional information on regards to skill points with different builds or simply any other information that could be useful to this guide, Please leave a comment

I think you meant stats; my cleric was 25SPR 33DEX rest STR, and I had lots of fun soloing until L100, when I reseted to full END and started playing in pts/duo (at that time, L100+ repeats were like 100/150/200 kills, so it was a pain to lvl up as dmg cleric)

Question on empowering skills

You did well with bash, basic cleric attack and only decent one you will ever get (the others only do low dmg or have a ridiculous CD, and even if you improve some, the benefit is not that much, so it's better to use your points on all kinds of heals (I recommend you always improve first the CD, then the effect, and then eventually the duration). Also, some usefull skills (like Revive) have a long CD, so its a good idea to improve CD on Awaken; that will allow you to use a skill without the need of waiting for CD (ex.: Revive Awaken Revive all in a row without wait)

• You did well with bash, basic cleric attack and only decent one you will ever get (the others only do low dmg or have a ridiculous CD, and even if you improve some, the benefit is not that much, so it's better to use your points on all kinds of heals (I recommend you always improve first the CD, then the effect, and then eventually the duration). Also, some usefull skills (like Revive) have a long CD, so its a good idea to improve CD on Awaken; that will allow you to use a skill without the need of waiting for CD (ex.: Revive Awaken Revive all in a row without wait)

Thank you for the info. I do apologize that I left out a bit of info myself. I am a solo cleric but going for HK. It sounds like that skills you’re referring to are for Guardian. I’m sorry, I am new to this so this might still be helpful as well, but are there any skills I should focus more on to empower besides healing skills?

• My cleric went HK, couz i loved to be dmg cleric, only to realize that even going HK with full dmg build was useless at that time, couz we dont get any AoE (i mean, we eventually get it, but useless for dmg); since the repeats were nerfed at some point to less kills. maybe things are different now, but i will never know, got tired of cleric and stoped him at 125, and dont intend to play it anymore or make another cleric.

• Can anyone let please let me know if there is anything different with this updated NA version in regards to empowering skills? Or is it still like the past versions? Thanks in advance.

• I’m at level 46 about to get the ensure skill for buffs. Can endure be empowered to raise the hp and sp of the buff? I have currently 7 pts to empower skills.

• End is the only stat that clerics need. Dex is the most useless stat in game. Full end is the master cleric build .

- Average is fine, I am NOT a loser

The post was edited 1 time, last by GravesDisease ().

• is it worth it to go full int for spell power as buff support and healing?

i also seem to recall a fall off point where adding points beyond a certain amount to certain stats was no longer useful.

has that changed?

• no its not worth it. Go full end and you will be fine.

No it hasnt changed, dex is not useful after 33 points and most people wont put more than 25points in spr for the crit

• you must always put the 25 SPR with clerig, 5% crit is always useful, if you use hammer then it allows you to do great damage, clerig can support and take care of some mobs at the same time, if you grow with strategy

• Cleric gets a nice number of spare skill points to allocate as you wish after empowering the main skills, which is nice.

Full END for support. Phys. Defence, Max HP, & Block Rate - yes please. tonguehoney

Core:

• Heal - CD Power
    • Rejuvenate - CD Power
    • Quicken - CD
    • (HK) Deadly Blessing - CD
    • (HK) God's Benevolence - CD Power (Power actually massively increases the healing output of this skill. Pretty much most powerful healing skill.)
    • (Guard) Saint's Protection - CD

Extra (in no particular order):

• Invincible - CD
    • Invigorate - CD Duration (Since Invigorate also gives a nice speed buff now.)
    • Awaken - CD
    • Recover - CD (Don't find the need to empower both of these, personally.)
    • Revive - CD
    • Silence - CD Duration
    • Offensive skills - CD/ DMG? (If you really are levelling solo go for it, but they're not going to be so useful in group content unless you find yourself in some niche situations. I guess I would aim to have just enough CD points on each one to create a good loop.)
    • (Guard) Rebirth - CD (not always useful, but the long cd is a pain when trying to apply it to a bigger amount of people.)
    • (Guard) Dispel Pillar/ Dispel Field & (HK) Dispel Purge/ Purification - CD (very few uses in PvE, but maybe if you got into group PvP often?)

Well, these are just off the top of my head before bed time. Hopefully I didn't forget anything obvious. Some listed as Extra might be considered core by some people in some situations, I just wanted to keep it minimal. Haven't had a super involved Guardian experience so not as confidant with them (RiP Pagel.) sleepyhoney

Isya

Luluchuu | 135 HK

Omnomnom | 110 HK

Pagel

Omnomnom | 118 Guardian

sleepyhoney

The post was edited 2 times, last by Luluchuu ().