• 2015_09_Klassenauswahl_jaeger_196a2fd8-6122-11e5-8540-f04da23e17.png

*Some of the information that will follow has been acquired from FiestaWiki*

How about we start with the different classes that the Archer has?:

• Archer
    • Hawk Archer
    • Scout
    • Sharpshooter/Ranger

Here are the different type of weapons that you will have access to:

• Bows- Faster but less damage.
    • Crossbows- Slower but more damage.

Archers have naturally high evasion, so getting gear with extra DEX is a good way to add even more evasion to your character. STR can also be useful to an archer, especially one who is using a bow. SPR is somewhat useful to archers as it increases their critical hit rate, making them more likely to do more damage before the enemy even gets to them. It also increases their Mag. Defense, which is good because most magic attacks are long-ranged. END can be useful to some archers but most have high DEX and can dodge better than they can take a hit. Not a waste but not critically needed either. INT is that one stat that the archer does not want anything to do with.

Here are the current different Builds:

• 25 SPR/Rest STR- It is important to get the initial 25 SPR (which takes from level 1-20 to get). Why? Because it gives you a good 5% crit rate on top of your weapon, as well as extra Mag Def and SP. Now, after level 20, you can do whatever you want, but it is recommended you go with STR, for better attacking power. It adds up later on.
    • Pure SPR- This build is controversial: You get an amazing amount of SP, crit, and good MDef, but on the other hand you lack some of the power of your STR build brethern. If you can afford equips to make up what you will lack, then you should consider taking this build.
    • Pure STR- Like the build above, this could be a controversial build as it makes your archer a good damage-dealer but unless you get DEX and SPR from your armor, you will die easily if the enemy gets to you.
    • 25 SPR/33 DEX/Rest STR- A hybrid build that allows you some breathing room at higher levels thanks to the DEX but also good amount of damage thanks to the STR. With the extra SPR, you will have a better chance of getting a critical hit.

Note: SPR is very useful to archers and adding more may help. Sprinkling some SPR in any of these builds (except the ones that already have it) will help you out but is not neccessary.

Tips and other useful information:

Kiting

Kiting is basically a hit-and-run technique. Just attack a mob, and keep hitting it. If he gets too close, then run away at a safe distance, and hit the monster again. Repeat this technique until the monster is down. Then run until your spells have recharged and attack the monster again.

Another version of kiting is when you hit a monster, and then while you are running, you use the immediate cast effects like poison and bleeding, which allow you to keep running. This is effective when you are low on HP or soloing.

How to Lure

Luring, a hunting tactic which involves separating a monster from it's mob (group of similar monsters or mix of multiple types) to prevent mobbing (several monsters attacking the player/s) is an effective tactic in both solo hunting (to prevent mobs from mobbing you) or party hunting (so the party can focus on one target and prevent player death by mobbing.

Luring can be done with the following: a bow/crossbow to enable attacking from a safe distance which will prevent mobs from forming, the Nature's Protection skill which will prevent monsters from attacking you (or, at least, remove it's attention away from you), a good party consisting of at least one tank or more (the damage takers, usually Fighters or Clerics), one or more healers/supporters (Cleric), damage dealers (Archers, Mages, Clerics and Fighters who have damage based skill and stat builds), and any other player type necessary for the hunt, HP/SP stones or potions, and scrolls or a Cleric who has powerful buffs (optional, but recommended in higher level areas)

First find a good spot for your team to rest, preferably somewhere where enemies don't spawn, but are near to where they do so the player/s who will lure (an Archer/s) can lure easily. Once you've done that its time to select your victim, a monster that has strayed from their group and is now near your party.

Make sure your party is ready, then shoot your target with a normal shot, to provide less aggro (attention from the monster which will lead you to becoming a target (note: if your party is high leveled then you can do a poison shot, bleed, or any other damage-over-time spell to provide extra damage).

As soon as you have shot run back to your party with the monster following suit. By now, the main Tanker (who should use Snearing Kick or any variation of Taunt) to attract the monster to them and not the other members of the party but immediately use Nature's Protection to destroy any aggro the monster has against you. Now that the enemy is fighting your party its time to step in and deal as much damage possible with poison or any other damaging skills.

Aggro

Every monster has aggro. Basically, aggro (meaning aggravation) determines which Player a monster will attack. The more you attack a monster, the more aggro it will have against you, until it reaches a maximum. Assume that the maximum aggro a monster can have is 99, in which case it will come after you and attack you until you die, or until you run long enough for it to get bored (which is a very long time). This means that you probably have to fight the monster, or lower it's aggro somehow, which is where your level 20 questable skill comes in.

Using natures protection puts the enemies aggro toward you at 1 making you the lowest threat possible.

When a fighter uses Taunt they gain a lot of aggro. See a connection here? By using nature's protection, you can successfully party without becoming the main target, since as an archer you will tend to do more damage than fighters, therefore pulling aggro off of them.

*If you guys have any additional information on regards to skill points with different builds or simply any other information that could be useful to this guide, Please leave a comment and it will be my pleasure to apply all the necessary modifications! The Wiki guide was quite empty (so is this one) So let's add all the up to date information that we can!!

• I hope that you or some one can post about what to put points on the skills soon. but very nice job on the start of it.:)

Character: LunarEyes

Class: Mage

Current LVL: 74

Guild: Member of NightHawks

• Other than where to allocate skill points which should be done for the prestiges Sharpshooter/Ranger this guide is great for new players. Good Job~

Weaklings will stay weak forever. But weakness is not evil, since human beings are weak creatures to begin with. Alone, you feel nothing but insecurity; that's why we form guilds, that's why we have friends.

I want you to be happy. I want you to laugh a lot. I don't know exactly what I'll be able to do for you, but I'll always be by your side.~

• This is how my archer is currently set up.

nw0dww.png

67nms3.pngim6plu.png

k16ome.png

In no way shape or form affiliated with Gamigo games. Do not DM me asking for personal assistance regarding forum or in-game accounts.

• After you get MBS at 95 CD in the AOEs is completely useless because the casting animations result in the first being available by the time the last is done casting. Even once you get PS at 75 a little lag makes it not worth it to have any CD investment. Dmg in the AOEs isn't worth it because vast majority of dmg comes from the DOT and base dmg for those AOEs.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• This could be seriously improv ed :( No offence.

Your only comment was "FULL STR BEST BUILD". No offence but I play my archer just fine. What I lack in stat points I compensate with gears.

In no way shape or form affiliated with Gamigo games. Do not DM me asking for personal assistance regarding forum or in-game accounts.

• Every one has their own way to play and sometimes they find some skills more useful to their play style.

Weaklings will stay weak forever. But weakness is not evil, since human beings are weak creatures to begin with. Alone, you feel nothing but insecurity; that's why we form guilds, that's why we have friends.

I want you to be happy. I want you to laugh a lot. I don't know exactly what I'll be able to do for you, but I'll always be by your side.~

• Your only comment was "FULL STR BEST BUILD". No offence but I play my archer just fine. What I lack in stat points I compensate with gears.

Just saying the stat po/skill point distribution isn't optimal. Take it or leave it. I'll upload mine later. Cool down on aoes past 95 are a bit pointless. Slow shot doesn't scale. You're missing out on some glorious dmg by not empowering aimed/power shot.

If it works for you gr8. This isn't, universally speaking, the best build you could have. Luckily archers get a surplass of skill points so do have that flexability in their skill point distribution if they so desire.

Full str is the best build you can have since it can optimise archers low attack rate due to natures speed.

You can make an argument for 25 spr rest str as well. tru dmg trumps all.

• jmwJaDM.png

If you dont pvp, take off points from pvp skills and add them into Aimed shot.

Considering poison shot doesn't upgrade for Sharshooter and natures speed shouldn't go into cooldown you could remove these 10 points and pop them into aimed shot anyway. Aimed shot is a nince skill for stacking :(

• It goes on cooldown if boss doesnt die fast enough Gavin, in EU least

and you can still stack with poison shot

On NA we just wait the 21 sec secs for nature swiftness to come out of cooldown

240 first swiftness

-72 from empowerment

-75 from nature speed + korin set

-72 from set effect.

21 sec gap betwen casts.

taking into account set switches casts you can take 1-4 secs off depending on your set changing speed.

so 17-21 sec gap between speeds.

wait 17-21 secs

Recast nature swiftness

Recast Speed.

• Depends on what level you go to on a SS. Highest dps build...

DMG/CD - Aimed Shot and Power Shot

CD - ST DOTs and Swiftness

Literally all you need for dps as a SS.

Also put duration and cooldown on Dazing Shot. The rest is put into SS prestige skills based on preference. I'd suggest CD on Disarm and Blind Shot.

Slow shot can be put into the non-speed skill rotation, but no need to empower it since the st dots are more efficient. Absolute Arrow is useless. Distant Shot is okay, but I find it only actually useful in gt.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• I’m an older player returning from a few years break. I’m starting over with a new archer. I’ve noticed some changes in the game. Any suggestions on where to farm gears for my guy lvl 20-35?