happy hour

• who was the one that made the decision of happy hour going from 10pm to 8am :cursing:

:/The Mythical Unbalance Already Here With These New Sc:/

• Hello, don't worry, i'm french and i checked to for 10pm to 2am and we had nothing in happy hour :( just saw somes items during the evening

• who forces Europeans to play an NA server and then base all sale times off of NA times :)

At least they're finally giving EU timezones a chance for once

• i think theres still some EU servers :/

so its not really forcing any of em to play NA :/

• They closed the English speaking EU servers, so that isn't an option unless they want to play on a german/spanish/french client.

There are a lot of european, oceanic, south-east asian, middle east players on the NA server. I think if there's any reason they changed the time, it's because it's more convenient for other timezones.

• who was the one that made the decision of happy hour going from 10pm to 8am :cursing:

Right. <X

kVJtqk7.png

。.。:∞♡*♥ 115 Wiz - 135 SS - 135 Guard - 135 WL - 135 Glad - 135 HK ♥*♡∞:。.。

looking for sc bonus...

• We've suggested it many times before but they always seemed to have excuses. We also suggested having the same happy hour sale duplicated with a 12 hour offset

• agree with yeng, sales should "always" be focused on NA players first, as this is the NA fiesta

as middle ground option, have 2 happy hour sales, both having the EXACT same items, and do them at different time zones, so everyone can enjoy it

but i absolutely do not support 24 hour happy hour sales, or overnight sales, that can cause NA players who are sleeping to miss potentially valuable items

• There are a lot of european, oceanic, south-east asian, middle east players on the NA server. I think if there's any reason they changed the time, it's because it's more convenient for other timezones.

Thank you for pointing this out, it seems like a lot of people don't seem to realize that there is actually a large variety of players from different timezones playing this version (I'd say that around half of this version playerbase isn't even from NA timezone).

To those that keep redirecting 'european players' to the Fiesta's EU versions, I'd like to point out that there are many non-NA players that were playing before the Fiesta european versions even existed in the first place and have invested as much as other players so I don't see why they can't have a say on these topics without having their opinion dismissed.

If we want to insist with this kind of mindset, then techinically no one is forced to follow a sale that was specifically meant to run overnight (hence the "Night" Happy Hours in the title) that DID happen at the correct "NA Timezone" (PDT).

The other european versions had the exact same sale happening at their night time, so I guess Gamigo wanted to experiment a different schedule for Happy Hours... I suppose there might be players that are more active at night for whatever reason, in the end not everyone has the same routine as the majority of the people, let a alone a different timezone.

The biggest fallacy here was the incorrect time schedule posted in the annoucement, as the sale was meant to run from 8:00 pm till 8:00 am on the next day - but looking at the same annoucements on FR and ES versions, it seems like they messed with the am/pm and copy/pasted the same erroneus text... mistakes happen.

They could just have a 24 hour happy hour then no need to worry about time zones.

Seems like a win-win to me.

We've suggested it many times before but they always seemed to have excuses. We also suggested having the same happy hour sale duplicated with a 12 hour offset

This!!!

It's still a mystery to me why to some players it's so hard to accomodate suggestions that are actually trying to be more inclusive and can make all timezones happy such as the above 24 hours Happy Hour sale suggestion or the 20 hours boss respawn suggestion.

Something I'd like to see improved about the Happy Hours:

- Regardless of the time schedule chosen, I'd like the announcement to be posted earlier, so that most players could be aware of the offer and can adjust accordingly.

Very often this type of offers with time and quantity limitations are published only an hour or few hours before going live, not allowing some players to be aware of the offer that is going to happen... please kindly consider to post the annoucement more ahead of time.

- Make the Happy Hours more consistent.

Why they never last an hour? A while ago they used last 40 mins, right now they last over an hour and there are also long span of time without any offer to the point that people wonder if perhaps there is an item that got glitched /misplaced in another cash shop category.

Could this be improved to avoid players wasting so much time looking at the store waiting the next item going live? And would it be possible to have some sort of schedule similar as Mystery Sale?

• theres lots of things they need to improve. can talk about that on a diff post

I just want to find out who made this decision :/:/:/:/:/

• Even if there are many people from outside the US/Canada, this server literally goes by NA time (in-game clock) and was meant to be focused around NA players. I didn't miss it because I'm currently in Asia, but saying "we need to accommodate more people" is a bad argument. World bosses typically spawn unfavorably for NA players, for example.

What I do agree with is the happy hours and mystery sale are inconsistent in how long it takes each sale to reset. It needs to be 60 minutes, nothing more, nothing less (maybe a couple minutes off max), and announcements should be made earlier to actually give time for people to schedule.

• My biggest thing with Happy Hour is the inconsistent times of the items appearing in the store. When you say Happy Hour you would expect an item to be in the store for the duration of the hour. And yet, usually the new item of the hour doesn't appear until 15+ minutes into the hour and stays until who knows when. Either code it better to appear at a certain time or fire the person that is currently running it because whatever is currently going on needs to be fixed.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Even if there are many people from outside the US/Canada, this server literally goes by NA time (in-game clock) and was meant to be focused around NA players. I didn't miss it because I'm currently in Asia, but saying "we need to accommodate more people" is a bad argument. World bosses typically spawn unfavorably for NA players, for example.

What I do agree with is the happy hours and mystery sale are inconsistent in how long it takes each sale to reset. It needs to be 60 minutes, nothing more, nothing less (maybe a couple minutes off max), and announcements should be made earlier to actually give time for people to schedule.

The point is that the offer actually took place on schedule in the NA time zone, simply in this particular circumstance it was decided to make Happy Hours a night offer.

As I have already written, the exact same proposal also occurred in the european versions, so the sale department probably wanted to test out a different type of marketing proposal.

I believe they will definitely take the feedback into account, as there have been some negative ones also from the other Fiesta versions.

As for the inclusion of other time zones I don't see how that can be a 'bad argument', especially in an international version of fact like this: including does not mean taking something away, but simply accommodating other groups as well.

You have given me world bosses as an example, but in fact it is a side effect to the maintenance system as they are related to server resets: since the Outspark's days, the maintenance has taken place in the late evening precisely to offer a larger gameplay time without downtime interruptions.

If you think about it, when the maintenaces last hours, for an european time zone half a day has already passed, so it is not so convenient as it seems, as most people are busy with school and work in the morning hours anyway. I guess is impossible to set a time that works for everyone, cause even when its a fixed time like GT, some people can't make it.

Of course, by moving from an american publisher to a european publisher the raid times have become worse for NA timezone, but in order to release maintenaces patches for all the Fiesta versions together they adjusted the maintenance time taking in account the Gamigo's office schedule time, which is located in Germany.

An example of inclusivity applied to world bosses to add variety and reduce the stress for NA-timezone players could be reducing the respawn time from 24 hours to 20 hours (could be 20 or less), so during the week the raids will rarely occurr twice at the same time.

Example: If server is up at 4.00 am PDT, with a 20 hours world boss respawn the next times would be at 8:00 am, 12:00 pm, 4:00 pm, 8:00 pm, 12 am, 4:00 am. Some days will still suck, but during the week there will be eventually more favorable times for NA timezone AND for everyone else.

I hope I have explained myself properly.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake ().

• Another suggestion we've made in the past. Conveniently ignored. :)

I also believe the original server restart/maintenance time was chosen to be of minimal inconvenience towards NA players as they should be asleep when the maintenance takes place. The raid spawn time is a sort of unintended side-effect. I agree that a shorter respawn timer could help with this.

• I say and think it's bad, because my assumption was playerbase is mostly NA peeps. Maybe it's true, maybe not. I've just seen FBZ, roars, shouts in towns much more active during NA times, but obviously I have no concrete number or data.
    Also, I do not think including more will actually help their sales, at least from this game. Gamigo is probably not doing so well from Fiesta (it just seems desperate that they put so many enhancement sales lately).

Real problems imo are
    1. Players who tend to spend the most (typically capped players) have quit, are taking a long break, or just cashing out before a potential cap raise or new content. It took years of flooding the market with the same overfarmed items and hob sales with gradually decreasing demand for many players to lose interest and see no fun.

2. There are too many outdated SC items that most likely see very few or no sales. These need to be replaced with some of the recent/popular ones at full price.

Regarding world bosses: My point was some people lose some and win some. I agree that a new world boss/maintenance system should be in place, but I just don't see them implementing it b/c they may fear people will complain about inconsistent times that go against their schedule/routine.

• Just so everyone knows though, NA technically includes Mexico too not just America/USA and/or Canada. XD

I think the vast majority of sales should be made during NA times, preferably in the later afternoon to evening times as most people will be off work/school by then to enjoy the sales.

However, having a few sales targeting EU/Asian players in their later afternoon/evening times would I think be beneficial as well.

But as people have already suggested perhaps a better solution is to run Happy hour sales twice in 1 day, 12 hours apart so more people can have a chance to obtain the sale item without having to set an alarm for the middle of the night and wake up.

World Bosses: Either implement a delayed timer when servers are reset/maint for their spawn such as after a reset the world bosses spawn 8 hours later, or something. (which also might help prevent server attacks for resetting the bosses to farm them)

or make the world bosses spawn a tad more quickly.