help me decide on my mage. wiz or lock?

• hi guys, my mage is close to 100 and i need help decided which to go with. wiz or lock. I see lock have stronger weapon, maybe 2000-3000 more mdmg vs wiz of the same lvl. Does that make a big different in dealing more dmg? or is that too small to notice at lvl 130-135? People say wiz is pve and lock is pvp. But lock have all the aoe as wiz does, except for meteor. So lock can do anything a wiz can and deal more power. Does wiz high tier aoe make up for the lower mdmg vs lock? I know nothing about their skill past 100, so which have the better skills?

my goal is to have the stronger mage that can kill mobs as fast as possible. I only pvp from time to time. I mostly pve 80% of the time and pvp 20%. So should i go with wiz or lock? I do like the staff over the wand. wand looks ugly as hell.

last question. If both wiz and lock at fully gear at 135, meaning all gears are 135 and +10/12. Which one would win in a 1 on 1 fight?

• warlock has the better 135 set, and better stuns for pvp, as well as an aim passive which basically ensures they wont miss

wizard gets an extra aoe with meteor, skeles also prove useful in kq's

that said in a 1 vs 1 i have no doubts a warlock would win pretty much the entire time, cause if theyre losing they can sleep you and wait for other stuns to cooldown

me personally though i love wizard, and blink in particular

end of the day pick what you want, it seems to me you are heavily leaning towards wizard, with staff and pve, so go for it and enjoy, if you hate it you can always swap classes with SC later on

• Thanks guys. I do like the staff looks over the ugly wand. Also mostly pve, only pvp when bored. Not sure why warlock sleep have such a long effect. On my glad I get sleep and its like over 20 seconds long. Might as well be perm sleep since its as long as its cool down and they can spam it again. Sleep needs to be nerf to 5 to 7 seconds max. Not sure why its effect last as long as its cool down.

• i dont know why many mage tell me they like blink. I have a glad and its just the same as dash, is it not? I rather trade blink with birdie. It could be useful when you want to lose aggro and have many mobs chasing you.

• i dont know why many mage tell me they like blink. I have a glad and its just the same as dash, is it not? I rather trade blink with birdie. It could be useful when you want to lose aggro and have many mobs chasing you.

blink is auto cast when you click it, you dont have to aim it anyway, so it technically is faster than dash for a shorter distance, bird cant be used in a lot of maps and kq's where as blink can

reason why blink is nice is because you can drop nova on the target, blink and drop another aoe or 2, and take little to no damage if done correctly, also good in kq's for catching up to party members/group

• I dont really care for blink. I have a glad that can dash and I rarely use it. blink and dash are the same skill imo, just dash lets you pick where u want to move to.

my mage is 90 now, so just asking which is more powerful. That is what really matters to me. Its about being powerful in dmg and def. And what class can kill the fastest. Thats what matters to me.

• Warlock imo

esp with locks 135 set into account you will love the power it brings to pvp

Yes wizards get meteor but a good enough lock will kill a mob with an inferno and nova combo.

The meteor just makes it easier to do - it doesn’t really increase your aoe capacity/speed. Just gives you more options/safety

Warlocks bring the higher bang and dmg. They also get further advancement in lighting class which is an insanely decent dex debuff. V useful in today’s pvp climate

• in a mobbing scenario maybe a warlock can do fairly similar to wizard, where meteor shines is when inferno is on cooldown, it gives you more options (LN/CoC/KQ's) just as examples, if youre just mobbing repeat areas then sure warlocks aoe capacity will do fine

you specifically said you dont like wands, or pvp, go for wizard thats my advice

• in a mobbing scenario maybe a warlock can do fairly similar to wizard, where meteor shines is when inferno is on cooldown, it gives you more options (LN/CoC/KQ's) just as examples, if youre just mobbing repeat areas then sure warlocks aoe capacity will do fine

you specifically said you dont like wands, or pvp, go for wizard thats my advice

Lets be honest you can aoe most mobs down in one nova with the right set up.

I do like meteor though

However, enjoy wizard it is a fun class! My first level is 100 toon was a wiz