[Maintenance] 09/16/20 - Discussion (Rebalance Part 5)

• After the new patch, iam having some issues specially when kitting. Everytime i aoe and running at the same time, my character slows down, and all the mobs i have behind hits me and i die. There is another issue iam having. If use my debuff (Blind and disarm) on my mouse hot keys, sometimes when i press them, those skills dont work, and sometimes they do. I feel like the complete archer class is broken, since kite its our principal abilitie.

Even more reason not to play my archer, thanks for the heads up!

• i see ppl brag about reapers, but i have yet to see one tank a KQ. lmao. Ive been to many many many kqs, and i have not seen 1 single trickers/reaper tank the boss. Please, a glad will slaughter a reaper. Only way a reaper is to win is the glad is +0 gear. lmao. If they both fully gears, glads will crush reapers any day.

• Reapers are very good in pvp. They can reach 8k+ eva at cap, 40k+ def, have unstoppable damage that can drop anything except clerics and knights in one ice, have an instant stun and a broken nimble defense that makes ranged attacks miss like crazy.

Glads can take them down at cap if they have solid aim, hof, keep low hp and use empowered nub stun, which has priority over sneak attack. Then with decent rng they should be able to drop most reapers. If you don't use nub stun, sneak attack will prioritize over deva and the glad will get iced and dropped in 5 seconds.

Reapers are good vs archers, demolish specs, demolish templars, are balanced vs knights and beat wizes and lose to good locks. All around good pvp class, if you think otherwise it's because you don't pvp.

• For a long time, the game was capped to 100 FPS, we have added an option in the graphics settings window which will allow you to choose your own FPS cap.

1- The cap is limited between the ranges of 24 and 300.

Now add Fps counter pls! :D

• Anyone that says the sunlight nerf was needed or doesn't change much clearly doesn't play the Templar class and it shows. There's a difference between playing a class and having a class and most of you guys have a Templar but don't play the class enough to know and if you did then you would know.

• Reapers are fine as they are rn, It's a class designed to counter SS/Rangers which don't have any real counters besides reapers. Templar is without a doubt the most disadvantaged class in pvp as it's countered by every other class and it still gets nerfed lol. I think Spectres need a gap closer for pvp and templars need their aoe stun ability to become an instant cast. Also nerf stifle, it's busted.

• i see ppl brag about reapers, but i have yet to see one tank a KQ. lmao. Ive been to many many many kqs, and i have not seen 1 single trickers/reaper tank the boss. Please, a glad will slaughter a reaper. Only way a reaper is to win is the glad is +0 gear. lmao. If they both fully gears, glads will crush reapers any day.

the fact that u are talking about kq suggests u arent even capped.

people who do kq on reapers are probably on npc gears/+0 temporary gears to level.

any decently geared reaper can and will tank SK and raid bosses better than glads who will be on perm vit.

even a reaper with any decent understanding and decently fast fingers will drop a glad with 40k defense (+10 gears and 20%+ defense sc).

vitting+cc stun is an option but hof to lower hp is most likely needed with empowered cc stun

even then its ludicrous a melee class banking on so much evasion (this goes for eva glads as well but thats another story).

• Empowered noob stun isn't really needed even for the best geared reapers. Reapers are fine the way they are tbh

• Maybe not, but when you miss stacks because there's 2k+ difference in glad aim and reaper eva (which is pretty common w/o white wedding) and proceed to get locked down and just watch your hp vanish against a class without dmg sc...
    Maybe the problem is all these jacked eva SC items, but I still think reapers are too low risk, high reward.

• Empowered noob stun isn't really needed even for the best geared reapers. Reapers are fine the way they are tbh

Yup it's not, and even if it is, Wind/Blow Set exists. That doesn't make Reapers less good. Just because a class is bad in 1v1s doesn't mean it's bad in group PvP, where Reapers can pull important people out of heal range and dunk them, whereas Glads need to dash into the fray. Same with Specs, who do pretty decently in GT, since they can actually 1 shot people who'd be healed up/mpot up.

That doesn't mean those classes are balanced; they're kind of not.

Also if it does indeed matter to Devs how many people on this thread say Crus nerfs are bad - the Sunlight and Ascescion buffs should be reverted, and that Moonlight CD should be buffed, I'm in that camp.

I would actually say for Crus, that in ideal balance, maybe it should be something like:

Nerfs:

-Only one of Sunlight and Moonlight can be active at once. Each one cancels out the other.

-LP cost on heals post-prestige goes up 2x.

-Decrease LP post prestige.

-Probably increase CD on Lifeline.

Buffs/Changes:
    -Sunlight buffs Magic Damage and Mdef by X, cancels debuffs, next skill no cast time, regens LP etc.

-Moonlight buffs Physical damage and Def by X, adds a movespeed buff maybe, maybe regens HP etc.

-Advent dura up 1s and/or faster animation.

-Both Sunlight and Moonlight should have their ratios decreased from what they are (I believe 100%) to 60-70-80%.

-Both Sunlight and Moonlight should be in the same 20-30s range empowered, no set. Make sure that means it's like 30-40s unempowered -30% from empowering, or you will break the game.

-110 Tide Set should have 2 piece Sunlight CD, 3 Piece Sunlight Dura.

-For Moonlight change 135 gear to empower damage on whatever skills, not Moonlight CD/Dura,
    and put Moonlight Dura on that 85 Set along with Moonlight CD.

Explanation:

Fiesta PVP works with burst. If you are unable to burst someone through their bullshit 100% ext HP + stones + whatever Cleric heals, you ain't shit.

If Crusaders only have damage (basically they do, because Clerics do everything better, and their CC is terrible), they should do damage well, and at least

in a way that feels fun to play.

Usually balancing a class for real is actually pretty hard. Mages would need massive changes to feel fair for instance. But this was pretty easy, and I didn't need to change anything that even the dumbest private server dev couldn't do.

With this setup, a Crus actually loses burst somewhat, which is what people complain about when they complain about Moonlight,

but they gain more consistent DPS, since they can get into Sunlight to deal ranged damage, but only when they're sure someone can't pull/dash onto them, because that would mean they're stuck in Mdef mode, and Crus ranged damage is very limited. Plus making Sunlight a 'ranged mode', means there's more use in the sets that increase Light Blast damage etc.

Meanwhile, you'd have a strategy that involves exchanging windows with Glads during which either can kill the other instead of spending 50s tanking someone's shit just so you can get charged on when you Moonlight or smth.

Fiesta PvE works with DPS. You need to make rotations and stack (which Crus can only do with 1/3 of their skills) and stuff. This is the place, where Crusader

is actually pretty lackluster outside of damage/invince bubble. The setup I listed allows you to have pretty consistent rotations.

It's counterintuitive, but because with this idea, Sunlight and Moonlight durations overlap, but cancel eachother out, it's a huge PvE buff, and offers more options to Crusaders in group PvP, while only meaning Crusaders need to switch more in 1v1s. As it is anyway, no one really kills a decent capped Crusader in a 1v1, or at least they didn't pre-sunlight nerf. Switching between Sunlight/Moonlight and sets means more vulnerability, more chances to kill, and more chances for a Crus to kill the opponent.

My numbers are probably shit, but you get the idea. Trickster was released as a very well designed class whose cool-downs were all synchronized to produce an obvious playstyle. Let's be real, someone took the entire Crusader class off of a snapple-cap. The idea gives identity to the class, as switching between Sun and Moon forms to do different things: Sun stands at a distance, chips decently while healing up the damage it took with the LP buff. Moon gets in close but only does good physical damage, has some Def and regen left to tank however much of the stun/ice.

I mean ffs, they could even put cool heat-of-fire or aura-like animatioons on Moonlight and Sunlight to make the class look cooler.

• Reapers are a nightmare to go against if they’re skillset is built right.

My reaper is a hybrid, and if I stack him out...imagine 135s missing on a 125...

Trust me, reapers are FINE the way they are, they do NOT need to be touched in any way shape or form.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• Adding a new bug that came with this patch:

Items in the hotkey slots update when you drag an item into the hotkeys but are not updating after that, for example if you have 1 roumen warp and you drag it to a hotkey then deposit that scroll the hotkey will show a greyed out "1 roumen warp" and if you withdraw 1 additional warp it stays at "1 roumen warp".

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

• Adding a new bug that came with this patch:

Items in the hotkey slots update when you drag an item into the hotkeys but are not updating after that, for example if you have 1 roumen warp and you drag it to a hotkey then deposit that scroll the hotkey will show a greyed out "1 roumen warp" and if you withdraw 1 additional warp it stays at "1 roumen warp".

did a test and its true it shows greyed, but if u click on it still works if u have said item in the inventory

• In case anyone is interested in knowing the details between before and after, I leave some tables below (please do let me know in the case there is anything incorrect).

(Yep this one i'm still figuring out - did this skill had empowerment available on the first tier ONLY before patch or am I brainfarting?!)

A little suggestion for those who deal with the patch-notes: if we were given more detailed informations about the changes and possibly developer notes as to why certain skills received a buff o nerf, I believe this would help more to understand the reasons behind certain choices and the kind of impact these may have based on the numbers, especially the ones concerning skills that play a big role in the gameplay of classes like "Sunlight" for the Crusaders in this case.

Personally I struggle to understand some of these rebalance adjustments, also because some of the changes included in this patch seem to resize or even reverse the logic behind previous rebalance patches, so it has become really difficult to interpret the overall picture were is heading this balancing project.

Take for example the changes related to the "Extinguish" and "Bleed" cooldowns, in both cases a nerf of their spammeability... wasn't the initial idea to make the clerics more autonomous in being able to progress within the game thus boost their damage and attack skills? I'm very confused.

As for the rest of the patch, I'd say it's very dense and full of changes/fixes to test. evilhoney

I am very curious about the new "Token" system I had no chance to try yet, but it sounds to me as a good concept that may protect and secure players from scams related to gifting and I hope it will be effective.

What's with the [Event] Petals since this patch? Some kind of new event item for an event that hasn't been released yet?

I'm curious about this too!

*flash backs to Outspark's Isya Blossoms gathering Event* speechlesshoney

• sunlight nerf hurt post 100 templars a lot

Sunlight nerf absolutely killed off temps pre 100 completely

I pvp at cap sometimes when I'm bored, but I still prefer perm life, playing both glad at cap and temp for perms

And as one of the only few who mains perm crusader. Sunlight nerf was just too much, as explained by da homie

• nEeD gAmIgO tO fIx/bUfF cRuSaDeRs oR wE rIoT !!!!!

Revert the nerfs gamigo! Don't understand why the worst class in 1v1s is getting nerfed and the strongest( warlock) is getting buffed lol

• From DE forum (but I guess it applies also for NA version)

Google Translate version for those not familiar with the german language:

Hello adventurer!

Thank you for all the feedback and the helpful reports on the various problems that came with the patch. As announced, we would like to give you an update before we say goodbye to the weekend.

Hotfix

We are already working on some of the problems and an hotfix is currently planned for next week. When exactly, and which adjustments this includes, we cannot yet say exactly, as we are currently testing it extensively. Our team is currently testing a fix for Khazul, among other things, as well as the problems with the animations that occur while using an ability (e.g. when using healing while running). As soon as everything is done, you will receive more information about the hotfix.

Cash shop loading time

The cash shop has extended loading times at the moment and we are currently keeping an eye on it. If you have problems with the delivery of cash shop orders (enormously delayed = longer than 1 hour), please let us know immediately. Gladly here in the forum, or as a ticket via support.

What happens to the skills?

We have already collected most of your feedback and noted it down accordingly. This will be discussed in the team at the beginning of next week and further steps will be evaluated. After all, our common goal is that we can have a lot of fun together, which is why your opinion on this topic is super important to us.

Activation of players / monsters when releasing the camera after rotating !?

Oweh, we have heard your call for help and will also discuss and evaluate this topic directly with the other concerns.

One of your heart's concerns has not been addressed directly? Please do not despair! We have a lot to discuss, evaluate and reevaluate. Until then, you have to wait and drink tea. As soon as we have more information, we will inform you directly about it next week.

You are welcome to continue discussing here:

Feedback patch 09/16/2020

Kind regards,

your Fiesta Online Team