[Maintenance] 09/16/20 - Discussion (Rebalance Part 5)

• Btw. why are you complaining about sunlight? crusader isnt strong cuz of sunlight lol

Idk, don't think crusaders are strong at all. In order to compete in pvp vs glads they have to play extremely well and in pve they're mostly only used for light orb :(

• how did gamigo nerf crus out of all classes instead of reaper LOL

nothing wrong with us reapers...we’re still under valued and under played...as well as a joke in pvp unless we get “lucky”.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• nothing wrong with us reapers...we’re still under valued and under played...as well as a joke in pvp unless we get “lucky”.

Are we playing the same fiesta? Because reapers are one of the best pvp classes. They are easy to use and have lots of things going for them.

• nothing wrong with us reapers...we’re still under valued and under played...as well as a joke in pvp unless we get “lucky”.

????

right, so that is why a bunch of capped players started capping reaper and living in fbz. they delete people while on full def/eva sc. LOL

• A lot of interesting additions...

I think the "item token" has a LOT of potential in preventing scams and annoying gifting limits and I'm going to be watching closely where that goes.

The movement change is very noticeable for me so thank you for that.

I'm curious about the possible quest changes.

I'm even more curious about the new combat system so I'll test it out when I get a chance.

All the bug fixes especially for FPS drops are greatly appreciated.

As for the rebalance...

Removing debuffs isn't the only thing that sunlight does, I feel this was a big nerf in both PvP and PvE for crusaders and hope it is reverted back to 30 seconds.

I'll try out the other changes before commenting on those.

Overall a good patch but a lot of it will be touch and go.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Jumping Lord: Clarity on my meaning ().

• Crus rebalance a joke. Why increase the cd of Sunlight 30s to 1m45s ? Decreasing the cd of Light Jump only matters if it coincides with Advent cd. Crus aoes are weak already so why increase cd of Ascension?

When Crus is getting useful passive ? current one is trash and multiple threads have been made to address that issue.

I was about to kill sc/money into leveling a nub crus, looks like it's not gonna happen..

• The templar nerf to sunlight was very much unnecessary. Templar isn't a very strong class compared to others in both PVE and PVP and this nerf hits them way too hard in both aspects. You're trashing the class when it actually needs buffs. Revert the change.

• Just a few thoughts on this templar/crusader nerf from a templar main, who also dabbled in a lot of perm crusader pvp/pve.

Templars and crusaders were never considered overpowered before this patch. Pre 100 crusader was always extremely disadvantaged and after 100 the class gets a lot of useful tools that made it a viable pvp/pve hybrid that is mainly a support class but can also hold its own in pvp against some classes.

Sunlight was always an absolutely essential skill for crusaders. Most importantly, it removes all debuffs, such as fatal slash (which is important as templar is a low defense melee class), immobilize, demoralizing hit it removes slow debuffs such as from enfeeblement (allowing templar some defense against being frozen) and frost nova. It removes stifle which is minor help against mages (although mages were still a heavy favorite in 1v1 vs templar).

When you change the cd from 30 seconds to what it is now, you make templar defenseless against almost all classes. Against fighters, templars are perm debuffed, and a temp who is slashed with slash set will get killed in 3-4 hits. Against reapers there is no defense against curing enfeeblement to ice (and that was already close to impossible before this change). Against mages you can't remove stifle, against archers you can't remove poisons (and before this change both those classes were beating templar in pvp).

Sunlight was also essential for skill rotation, as it removes the cast time of the next skill - for example using light impact, a heavy magic damage skill that has a far too long cast time. The cds of both skills were united at 30 seconds, which made it ideal for using them together. Without sunlight, light impact can't be used because it takes so long to cast.

Sunlight was also helpful in other ways, such as removing the cast time from illuminating heal (it has a moderate cast time) which is very useful if you want to heal yourself or a party member but you are likely to be disabled before the skill is cast.

It might sound like that skill is overpowered, and it is extremely useful, but it's also necessary because templars already suffered in pvp. The skill animations of the class are long and have low priority and are often interrupted by other classes' skills/disables, the class has low def but is on the front lines in pvp and pve often taking as much damage as gladiators, and does not have the protection of demoralizing hit, does not have the protection from eva that archers and tricksters have, or the constant spammable debuffs that fighters have. The class is one of the most vulnerable to being disabled and templars themselves have no real disables. Advent is easily avoided simply by running, and there is no other disable to protect the class.

Nerfing sunlight so much like this removes one of the key defenses of templars. It leaves the class basically defenseless.

I won't even get into nerfing ascension too, one of only two disables a templar has and not even a very good one.

Nobody asked for these changes. There is no reason to make a disadvantaged class weaker like this.

• Can we please fix auto run? This new patch means I can no longer use my short cut button to auto run (changed and reapplied it to be sure). RIP my archer until this gets fixed!!

• After the new patch, iam having some issues specially when kitting. Everytime i aoe and running at the same time, my character slows down, and all the mobs i have behind hits me and i die. There is another issue iam having. If use my debuff (Blind and disarm) on my mouse hot keys, sometimes when i press them, those skills dont work, and sometimes they do. I feel like the complete archer class is broken, since kite its our principal abilitie.

• I know reapers are awesome...c’mon people.

But you need to understand that reapers as they are RIGHT NOW!...do NOT need to be touched! Period!

If you can’t take down a reaper as a glad...you fail as a glad...people hype glads soo much til they get slapped...

back on topic

So far all the changes have been fruitful for me.

The new...tab-style...glad that has a disable feature

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif