[Maintenance] 09/16/20 - Discussion (Rebalance Part 5)

• At least someone is helping us keep on track of the issues, and it's a bridge between the game players and the staff without being limited by putting down certain rules on a general discussion. while not attacking each other. at least we have our two cents and hopefully we can find a common ground. and thankfully Cupcake is doing that for us. and I go over to this thread before I go throughout all the other posts be it staff/other players in general discussions.

• Cupcake is a vintage player. People got used to her being the first to post on certain topics (weekly maint and pics of new item releases being the main ones I remember from way back when), so they just waited for her if it wasn't already done, knowing she would be doing it at some point.

Now it's about habit, but also about respect. Because we all know that Cupcake cares enough to get the opinion of others, to lobby gamigo staff for change if its needed etc. And we admire that dedication! Because lots of us care and try to get the game changed, but often end up giving up because what we say falls on deaf ears in the gamigo office.

Please Cupcake never ever stop! <3

• I see bunch of ppl coming up with their own skills and talking about balancing classes like they are a pro and know what they talking about. Lmao. I'm 99% sure none of you guys actually have a degree in gaming of anything related in that field. If you folks so smart in balancing a game. Why not apply for the job. Oh wait, cause you dont got a degree duh. Lol

Actually i have an undergraduate degreee from a russell group university. For my final essay i actually used fiesta as the topic.

Thought i'd share that with the group

Ha... same I actually got a graduate degree in game and trained in a number of fields from Sound Design, writing a proposal and drafting a game from scratch to indie development, management, working in a team and a whole bunch more including study into Artificial Intelligence.

All in all... balance is always delicate and with the way Fiesta is and the limitations it has, balance will always be difficult to achieve unless you do something like MOBA style gaming and meta shift...

• AkiraNasuki

All true...but if they rebuilt the fiesta engine to match a few other games on the market, i an sure we wouldn’t have much issues...i mean, look at a few new games that dropped less than a month ago, a particular game that dropped literally 13 days ago, and some of the other anime based games out there.

not as heavily intensive on gpu and ram, but vibrant and smoooth.

If Gamigo were to adapt this engine, pretty sure we’d see fiesta EXPLODE back to life

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• While I'm positive Fiesta would be a much better games that runs smoother and has way less bugs, everyone would have to start from scratch if they rebuilt it from the ground up. Despite the ability to actually advertise and bring in new players, how many people would quit for good if they permanently lost everything?

Edit: I would play a rebuilt Fiesta myself to see how much better the game is, but doubtful that I'd spend a bunch of money on it honestly.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Ha... same I actually got a graduate degree in game and trained in a number of fields from Sound Design, writing a proposal and drafting a game from scratch to indie development, management, working in a team and a whole bunch more including study into Artificial Intelligence.

All in all... balance is always delicate and with the way Fiesta is and the limitations it has, balance will always be difficult to achieve unless you do something like MOBA style gaming and meta shift...

Yeah you need to be able to balance classes between group pvp and duels basically, which is honestly not outlandish nowadays since there's a lot of group pvp in fbz/arenas etc. Honestly, the fiesta engine has a lot of options and would be pretty easy to balance.