+11/+12 shields?

• See thats the problem, right there...physical.

If you haven’t noticed, majority of the critical hits we rack up in end game instances are mdmg. +9 jewels don’t always cut it...especially on glads.

We’re pretty much goat’d into buying charms and cosmetics to make up the lack in mdef, or pay an exuberant amount for multi stats.

So instead of +11/12 shields...

At +10 they should receive a 10% mdef increase :/

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• on the basis on pve, i do not see a 10% bonus to magic defence on shields base mdef making any significant difference, at least not in terms of not needing charms/suits (same for +11/12 with physical defence), and frankly if its something the community wanted, i dont see why both cant be implemented bonus mdef, as well as physical defence of +11/12 shields(possibly even divided between the 2, with the bonus of 11/12), but with testing first, if you mean a straight up 10% boost to mdef(like a shield skin so to speak)

that said, id also like to know if youre bringing clerics along in your expo, assuming youre talking about pagel/karen at cap, i feel like a lot of people who mention excess SC being spent to make their character tanky, arent making use of clerics (not just 1 holyknight for bashing, but even guardians) and if youre indeed using a knight

• End game content (raids, world bosses, dungeons, etc...) will always require charms and extenders. At some point you just have to accept that you need to spend money or be content with not doing them. That is how F2P mmos actually get their money unless there is a huge, purely cosmetic appeal to the game itself in which case some companies are able to make money that way. Things like loss of exp prevention, exp boosts, quest exp boosts will always exist no matter what. And as Hide said, not fully optimizing an expo for pure dmg can indeed limit the sc requirement.

I have 0 def sc on my spec and can tank dq and coc at 50% charm with a cleric healing me. Yes, I am 100% extended, but that is effectively halving my consumed sc every raid if I didn't want to make it easier and more time efficient. Glads have more defense than specs and can reach similar mdef. But if you want to perm vit for again, more dmg, of course you'll need the extra charm. Let alone using the actual tanking class of a Knight like Hide suggested. People use SC to cover up bad gameplay and it is kind of depressing.

Should simply leveling and enjoying the experience of making your character stronger require SC? Absolutely not! That is where I think we can all agree that Gamigo has taken it too far.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• I’m a hybrid stat reaper 🤷‍♂️
    once I hit 125...a 50% charm will all I need as well...but my jewels and gear are all +0 cept a pair of 120 godly claws which are +12...

anyway...

With the t3 def bracer I’ll have upwards of 20k

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• I'm okay with the idea of the shields going up to +12.

What a lot of people don't understand about the PvP aspect of the game:
    Knights and Clerics aren't "unkillable" because of their defence. They're "unkillable" because of their Blockrate.
    But this obviously only applies vs. Physical DD classes.

Mages on the other hand (Warlocks specifically) have the potential to destroy Knights and Clerics, due to the sheer number of CC's they have and the damage output they can pump out while their enemy is frozen. (Ice Field + Frost Nova + Chaincast Inferno + Mage stack single-target DPS).

Current Guild Master of OneWingedAngels Guild.
    Current Raid Leader of the Alliance.
    Current IQ: 203 (and counting!)
    -
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Add me on Discord and ask me anything Fiesta related:
    Rei#9999

• Didn’t want to be the one to fire that shot off :D

• Didn’t want to be the one to fire that shot off :D

Yes, that's fine and all- but Previous arguments made were based on PVP and PVE. Heightening the defense on top of their blockrate doesn't help the balance not just vs. the physical DDs but the PVE open world/instances as well. We were focusing on the Defense enhancement in the arguments as that's what a heightened enhancement on shields would affect more based on current circumstances--Heightened M.def? not really as important considering mages still hold a mobility advantage over Knights/Clerics amongst the other's listed by Rei.

• Regardless...oh wait...where did my comment go about how beneficial armor mdef increase go...?