+11/+12 shields?

• just curious if we'll ever be seeing these?

GM's wear them all the time, so i know the files already exist

would be nice if clerics/knights could match their +12 weapons with shields, after all these years :saint:

• +10 is already really strong and this is enough, clerics and knights dont need more defense

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |105 | 100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | Gladi | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• No thank you!

As stated above clerics and fighters are already tanky with enhanced shields. This is just enabling the creation of literal unkillable players. Though, I have seen some rather almost unkillable people in capped regions.

In no way shape or form affiliated with Gamigo games. Do not DM me asking for personal assistance regarding forum or in-game accounts.

• i havent seen any "unkillable" players, and i highly doubt a 1000 more defence will change that fact

pve/raids still require charms with +10 shields, so i imagine that will also be the same with +11/12

and pvp (even though NO balance should be based around this from a class standpoint) which i assume you're talking about, has glads reaching near 1 million damage, archers who can do nearly 2000 damage per second, tricksters who can drop a hp bar in seconds thanks to their new animations, not to mention 1 hit gems and shields being +11/12 wont effect mdef so mages wont change

to top off that argument, id also like to point out that these "tanky" classes, only have tanking going for them, theyre not damage monsters who can rip through everything with no drawbacks (cough glads cough) and if your only point against shields is that these players will be harder to kill, then it sounds like the right idea to me slimedevilslimeblush

• i havent seen any "unkillable" players

a knight with full gear is nearly unkillable, a knight with full gear AND def SC IS unkillable, add charms and you can try it with 5 glads and he will not die

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |105 | 100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | Gladi | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• a knight with full gear is nearly unkillable, a knight with full gear AND def SC IS unkillable, add charms and you can try it with 5 glads and he will not die

but are these knights doing anything else aside from being able to take damage? garbage damage deserves powerful defence right? knight takes hits, and "try" to hold agro, clerics take hits and heal, its clear there is no intention of making these classes be able to perform real damage, so why not let them have the only thing going for them?

• So anyways,

No.

In no way shape or form affiliated with Gamigo games. Do not DM me asking for personal assistance regarding forum or in-game accounts.

• but are these knights doing anything else aside from being able to take damage? garbage damage deserves powerful defence right? knight takes hits, and "try" to hold agro, clerics take hits and heal, its clear there is no intention of making these classes be able to perform real damage, so why not let them have the only thing going for them?

They already have the only thing going for them in a +10 shield. Knights can destroy Gladiators in PVP as well--if done right--they just need a way to hold aggro in a easier manner in PVE to be more viable. Defense is never a topic when it comes to a knight's viability, nor cleric---It's always damage, skills, or passives. What's the point of being an unkillable tank that just presses a few buttons with no risk? Takes the thrill away both in PVE and in the PVP aspects of the game. No need to mention the other examples of already needing multiple DDs to kill a well put-together knight/cleric focused on their strengths.
    People use Gladiators a lot in their arguments but always skim over the most important detail of all. What makes Gladiators a powerhouse is the SC you're able to buy helps them more than any other class as it covers their weaknesses the most in tandem with boosting those strengths. Class strengthening is always an easy topic to discuss, rebalancing sc usage? Item usage cool downs? Not so much. A +11/+12 shield boosts your strengths but doesn't help your weaknesses, might make the classes even more boring. Wanna bring out +11/12 shields? you're going to have to bring out the +13/14 weapons. Fiesta just isn't the type of game where you want the spear to not be able to put a dent in the shield. This suggestion strays from the ideal of "balance" in my opinion. Good conversation starter though.

• are these knights "destroying glads" with a sword and shield? or a 2 hand sword? if its the later, then shields have nothing to do with that

also to answer the other question, why do knights/clerics need more defence? because as far as im concerned, even with +10 shields, charms are still required for most content at any level range, and tbh +11/12 wont change that so there for why not, similar could be said about +12 weapons, why add more damage when classes are hitting over 100k damage, but they did, and everyone seems to love it with no complaints

im noticing that most of the people going against the idea of +11/12 shields are doing so from a completely PvP standpoint, which is obviously an incorrect view, but aside from that, it sounds like people who are having trouble "killing knights" may need to work on bettering their characters, i of course would not mind being proven wrong, feel free to upload proof of you losing in a 1vs1 with a knight using a shield/sword, to prove that shields are the reason a knight beat you and not other factors

just to throw it in there, when defence becomes so great, that clerics/knights are capable of tanking all content without charms, then ill consider the idea that +11/12 would be OP, but until that day comes (which obviously it wont) ill keep trying for more upgrades to make the defensive classes better at being defensive :thumbup:

edit :

Kuroneko can you move this thread to suggestions?

• knights already have over 10k def just from their shield. Why do they need more def?

That is quite honestly the lamest thing I’ve seen someone ask on the forums in a long time.

Go play around end game with a +9/10 shield currently but instead of pure end...go hybrid so you can KEEP aggro...

Look...clerics need survivability no matter where you go.

Not all clerics go pure end. 50e 50d 25s - put the rest wherever...str for “toothpick against a tank” effect. Hybrid stats means better use of cash shop items too, meaning a full block full eva decent mded cleric with STACKS...means raid bosses aren’t gonna make your healer take a DIRT NAP if rng says (f) your block...YEEET! and your rng for dodge kicks in...score!...oh look over...your pure end clerics on the floor begging for res :D;(:D;(:D

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• People use Gladiators a lot in their arguments but always skim over the most important detail of all. What makes Gladiators a powerhouse is the SC you're able to buy helps them more than any other class as it covers their weaknesses the most in tandem with boosting those strengths. Class strengthening is always an easy topic to discuss, rebalancing sc usage? Item usage cool downs? Not so much.

This is exactly the reason I'm against putting in +11/12 shield upgrades, I feel it'd just be another pay2win cash grab considering you'd need eyes to enhance the shields that high.

Additional defense from the extra +s may not sound like a big deal but they are greatly compounded when you include other (paid) boosts.

Any meaningful additions like this or rebalance would have to start with SC.

Currently active on: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

The post was edited 3 times, last by The Jumping Lord: Grammar and clarity ().

• This is exactly the reason I'm against putting in +11/12 shield upgrades, I feel it'd just be another pay2win cash grab considering you'd need eyes to enhance the shields that high.

Additional defense from the extra +s may not sound like a big deal but they are greatly compounded when you include other (paid) boosts.

and jumping took the words RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!...again...but the argument still stands that the game is heavily balanced around cash shop...STILL

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• This is exactly the reason I'm against putting in +11/12 shield upgrades, I feel it'd just be another pay2win cash grab considering you'd need eyes to enhance the shields that high.

Im glad someone understood my point. You hit the nail right on the head.