Should inappropriate names on fiesta be allowed?

• Should bypass names be allowed? 26

The result is only visible to the participants.

I have made many characters over the years of playing fiesta, all of which are relatively , all of which are appropriate, however, for a meme, I decided to create a character outta sheer luck, expecting fiestas censor system to kick in and tell me I am not allowed to use this characters name, HOWEVER! This did not occur, and now I have a character on my account with a more than questionable name.

If I were to use this character, would I be sentenced to a ban for that entire account, If so, how long and if not, then thank god. I've been curious about this for a while now!

In all honesty though, I feel like if it bypasses the system, it should be OK to use in game and no punishments should be dealt due to the fact that it is on fiesta's part for not catching it, but I want to hear everyone elses opinions:

winkwinkIsyan since 09'winkwink

Corpral - 110 Wizard Epith

• You might go to fiesta jail and must name change, report to a GM what your name was before you can leave. Some people have logged on to a character with random numbers and letters and have to name change either way. If it's really bad and was done with malice, expect a ban or perm ban on your account

• Personally, I can care less lol. If they allow it that's fine just don't get derogatory with it. From a company standpoint though, it won't be allowed. It's supposed to be a game where younger kids are welcome to play so they have to keep that kind of stuff censored/monitored.

• I don't know, it's not worth making people feel uncomfortable whats the fun in that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stone ().

• I mean, my real name is Jesus, and I can't name a character like that. I vote for a yes, they should be allowed. Either way, doing regular expression for searching during character name creation shouldn't be too difficult to implement. That's on fiesta team to implement.

Fugata/iFugata and others

Playing since 2007, I should leave it already.

• No, children play this game.

that being said then, shouldnt fiesta then implement a more solid system for naming characters to protect younger audiences? The name I got away with is not even a bypass, its straight up terrible and I was allowed it.

winkwinkIsyan since 09'winkwink

Corpral - 110 Wizard Epith

• Frankly, 1337-5p34k has been arouns since the old ICQ days...(yea im that old people).

If you bypassed the filter, more power to you. However, if your name is extremely distasteful and offensive in any way shape or form, pretty sure the Karens and Richards will turn around and report you.

If you don't want to take the risk losing access of your account, I would suggest deleting the character with the questionable name.

In all honesty...I had a few questionable character names myself on Bijou and Teva...disposable...but when the merge dropped, they poofed. I wasn't complaining but yea...if you're unsure, don't risk it. Be kosher and cool about it 8-)

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

• Heya,

Whilst the name change filter isn't perfect. You should ideally avoid naming your character with an offensive or inappropriate name.

If you are caught, you'll be made to change your name and until the name has been changed, the character will be suspended from play.

Regards,

~[SGM]Kuroneko

• I'd say raise a ticket to alert the fiesta devs that such a name was not blocked from the start but they probably would not care or fix it so...

• that being said then, shouldnt fiesta then implement a more solid system for naming characters to protect younger audiences? The name I got away with is not even a bypass, its straight up terrible and I was allowed it.

They do it's called the reporting system/GM team. It's best not to over think these things, mind.