• Please for the love of god make an option to just turn roars off. Or at least put like a 20-30sec cd so they can't sit there spamming their drama for everyone like we even care about it. Sure we can block them but we'll end up with half the capped population blocked doing that.

• +1

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• Surprisingly I'm going to disagree.

There are people that pay for roars for the expectation that the whole server sees their message, and even though some people abuse them to spam, if roars could be turned off it would defeat the whole purpose.

Edit: They could put in a long cooldown time between each roar or a limit to the number of roars you can do in a given period but those have some disadvantages as well.

Currently leveling: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Jumping Lord ().

• 30 second cool down on roars.

simple solution.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

• i love to spam roars :c

Drama is funny!

Stop thaaaat xD

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• there's a lot of folks who use roars solely to annoy servers. personally i just choose my channels and don't read public ones

you take the good with the bad. it be what it be

• You can block them............... so much simpler.

I have to disagree on the 30 second cd as well. People like to hold contests in roars, and so you're going to ruin the fun side of roaring over a couple of bad seeds?

I also disagree as to turning off roars as well, because people do still pay for them and they are meant to be server wide, like congrating people, or searching for parties, selling/buying gears, looking for raids. Sometimes you won't even know what you're after until you see it in a roar.

So just block the thick heads causing drama. It blocks their roars, without blocking everyone in the server, nor does it interfere with people holding contests and trying to make the server a friendly welcoming place.

• You can block them............... so much simpler.

But there are so many spamers and how he said:

but we'll end up with half the capped population blocked doing that.

giphy.gif

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• If an individual do not wish to see roars regardless of what can be his/her reasons, by all means why shouldn't he/she be allowed to disable them?

I don't think Roars should be intended as an imposition towards others but rather as an useful tool to have a message reach multiple people at once regardless of their locations.

An optional block function to be included in the "Chat Filter Settings", as Mini Slime mentioned, is the most pratical solution to fix the problem and can easily please everyone: those who don't mind Roars will still continue to see and enjoy them, while those who want them disabled can easily turn them off from the filter options.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake ().

• Theres already a suggestion for turning off the roar chat but this one here has the additional cooldown idea

giphy.gif

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• Snack, you seem very keen on controlling certain aspects of the game. There’s a block function, use it. People pay for roars to sell items, why devalue that? Maybe someone will sell an item you need and you’ll have it filtered so you miss out on said promotion. Your choice I suppose, but don’t push your desires on the community. If someone is abusing roars I just block them. No need to script cool downs and filters.

• a change to filter will work easier then worrying over it and it belongs to the individual. instead of having to block certain people it will be the same on the filter chats. as for the roars idea of spamming etc. that is under the cost of whom ever buys from the game shop. so it's fine to either block or update the filter system.

• This sounds amazing in theory but from a business stand point, how do you market something intended to reach the masses, when you will just block/filter it like you said in your post. People use those to sell items, services, people finding, or to look for gear. Have you seen the marketplace lately? I know Pagel isn’t as robust as Isya, but roars are very much essential to the game. They are extremely useful in many aspects, but also abused in other circumstances. A cool down would make more sense than completely filtering roars. Wouldn’t it be frustrating if you wanted something rare, and someone roared it for sale, or your friend paid for a roar to find you, and you just filtered that all away? Really, this isn’t even really a debate. There’s a block function in game, problem solved, and roars maintain their value. It’s not as fluid as the aforementioned suggestions, but come on,, it’s a roar lol. Just block it if you don’t want to be bothered. 😉

• but it belongs to the individual who doesn't want to listen to roars?
    simple fix 1. block or 2. change the filter for the INDIVIDUALS' Choice.
    it does not stop the game company because they sell a advertising tool.
    nor does it stop the "seller" to buy from the game shop.
    and it does not impede the entire community.
    nothing to debate. because it's giving a freedom from long drama filled conversations.

• Yes and they coded a block function for that very reason. Would I buy a roar knowing you’re just filtering them as well as others? No. I’ll just use /s and call it a day. You’re trying to devalue a product but please continue.

• devaluing a product? by having a freedom to turn off roars entirely? hmm that's kind of up to the character/player who chooses upon their own will.
    it does not stop you the other side of the coin as it were, from buying anything that is up to you too.
    nor is it up to the game community because they can choose upon their actions/freedoms/liberties/et al.
    nor is it bothering the game companies game shop because there will always be someone who will be hearing/reading an advertisement from vendors or perhaps going to find certain things and thus use their 'roar' system to work. by buying from the game shop, and there are plenty of other sources to get roars right now, so, if a individual wanted to turn off roars globally then again it's up to the players' choices.
    so what else are we talking about? why derail the conversation or debate in a thread of suggestions?