[Maintenance] 07/01/20 - Discussion

• Seeing everyone's talk about the shiny's, I might as well go ahead too.

Since the patch a few days ago I haven't seen even one shiny, and I play for multiple hours a day. They don't have to be invisible, or even as OP as they were before, but I'd hope it could be even 2-5% chance of spawning. I want to say before the invisible shiny spawn rate was about 15% (Guess-timating). Now it's really practically nothing... even before I'd see real shiny's several times in a day. I'm curious of what the actual % spawn rate is right now. And I suggest it get boosted, because it feels like now they've just been completely eliminated from the game.

Yep, same here.

I agree with The Jumping Lord as well, if drop rates are going to be adjusted generally then maybe this wouldn't matter as much but I can almost certainly bet that drop rate rebalancing isn't something we'll see...

• isn't it fair to remove "shiny hunter" / shiny killer" / "shiny slayer" /"shiny terminator" titles from every1 in game now since they all got it using a glitch and new players wont be able to get it and its considered the strongest title in game?

every1 should start getting these titles from begaining again

• Honestly I still dont understand why they did this. If it was never intended why did it take them like 6+months to fix this? The shiny mobs before the patch were more helpful than harmful imo and it gave a lot of people reasons to farm

• isn't it fair to remove "shiny hunter" / shiny killer" / "shiny slayer" /"shiny terminator" titles from every1 in game now since they all got it using a glitch and new players wont be able to get it and its considered the strongest title in game?

every1 should start getting these titles from begaining again

Hmm just unlucky I guess. There is still an argument it wasn't bugged and simply nerfed. Too bad for newer players.

• It was a glitch its not fair to remove titles cuz there were no rule that youre not allowed to farm that Titel or anything in this direction

Its like the Gembug back in 2012.

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |105 | 100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | Gladi | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• Especially since it's not like people intentionally killed random mobs that didn't show up. Most people just got it over time from doing regular quests, LN, DDF, etc where you end of killing a lot of mobs anyway.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Frankly...

I'm content with this change.

When they made a "fix" to it the first time, it was due to Shiny mobs dropping 4hr charms WAYY too frequently...they had an opportunity THEN to change the spawn rate but didnt.

They then did a hotfix (not sure anyone noticed) that reduced the amount of potions and scrolls that were appearing from drops (even 100% ranted),

So this was a whatever fix.

Guess its time to buy 100% cards and Quest Boosters when they drop again, eh people?

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• Gamigo,

BRING BACK THE SHINIES. I LITERALLY GO AWAY FOR A FEW MONYHS JUST TO RETURN TO NUTBAG CHANGES. LMAO HAS THERE EVER BEEN A GAME THAT LOVES TO SELF SABOTAGE LIKE THIS ONE? THE DECISION TO LOWER THE SHINY RATE WAS POORLY THOUGHT OUT AND SHOULD BE REVERSED. STOP SLAPPING YOURSELVES. SHINIES WHERE THEY WERE AT WAS THE MOVTIVATOR I HAD TO LEVEL UP MORE CHARACTERS. BRO THIS CHANGE WAS SO SILLY.

Bro like, shinies giving extra exp( massive) exp especially during solo grinding during the early levels was the the only reason I would level up another character. Shiny exp +exp boost +quest boost makes repeats go by extremely fast and exp boost+shinies makes grinding insanely quick. 8x is waaay to boring if youve done it multi times and buying dt runs is a waste of money.

Im asking Gamigo to please rethink the decision to remove the already reduced shiny rate by increasing the shiny rate. Im so tired of Gamigo not getting it right or make a dumb af change. Shinies go back to how they were or im out 👌🏾🤙🏾

• Shiny's were a positive add-on to fiesta, i have never seen abyss this active since 2012, it also gave a chance for those who couldn't really afford charms to join raids/farmin.

TBH this update killed abyss again :c

• My feedback on the shiny change:

Given the Indipendence Day event, this week end I felt motivated to play a few hours to take advantage of the sweet extra 50% Exp and Drop Boost.

I state beforehand that my main server is Pagel, which as everyone knows has a very small population and activity, and on the shiny subject these are key factors that makes these monsters less recurrent in comparison to Isya, hence is more difficult to gain the shiny titles, stack on goods and enjoy that juicy extra exp they carry.

Saturday, despite having spent several hours grinding, I did not witness a single shiny mob, which left me very perplexed as normally with the same amount of time spent playing, I used to be able to get at least the first tier of the shiny titles, (which means that at least 5 shiny monsters spawned while farming/grinding).

On Sunday, I challenged myself to explore every map available for a lvl 135 (exception made for dungeons/raid/instance/abyss) in order to find out how many shiny mobs I could find server-wide.

The result? A total of 4 shiny mobs across all the maps.

Later in the day, I spent again a couple of hours grinding as the previous day, and with my surprise... FINALLY one shiny mob spawned! One. speechlesshoney

Overall, I have certainly done more than 6 hours total of grinding time according to my n°6 1 hour rants consumed, however I can't be precise in quantifying how much time I've played, but is definitely enough to discourage me from any shiny's farm, that's for sure.

Based on my personal experience, which is nothing absolute (it could be just bad luck), If I were a player aiming to collect the shiny's titles, I would probably better off waiting for next maintenance and log-in as soon it's over to roam around the maps and kill every shiny mob available.

As for now, farming and grinding have become completely redundant in order to hunt shiny mobs, at least from what concern the less populated servers where given the low activity, you have to pretty much generate your own shiny spawn by yourself.

I sincerely hope that in the future, when applying certain changes to the game, Gamigo could keep in mind that there are also small servers that are already struggling to stay alive and and changes such as this one have a different impact on them: if before wasn't ideal but doable, right now is really disheartening. sadhoney

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cupcake ().

• To clarify:

I do think they should increase the spawn rate of the shinnies, maybe not to what it was before this patch, but definitely something more than it is now. (I have seen some shinnies)

But they should 100% keep the shinnies to having the auras, rather than having invisible shinnies. This is to help those who are under geared and/or non sc to know what they face, rather than pulling mobs and face rolling on the ground because they thought they had taken only what they could handle, and instead ended up with 1 or 2 shinnies in the pull.

• Didnt the gem bug get fixed quite fast compared to this "glitch"?

Yea but the Gem bug hit the game much harder than this shiny glitch

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |105 | 100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | Gladi | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• To clarify:

I do think they should increase the spawn rate of the shinnies, maybe not to what it was before this patch, but definitely something more than it is now. (I have seen some shinnies)

But they should 100% keep the shinnies to having the auras, rather than having invisible shinnies. This is to help those who are under geared and/or non sc to know what they face, rather than pulling mobs and face rolling on the ground because they thought they had taken only what they could handle, and instead ended up with 1 or 2 shinnies in the pull.

I saw your other points about ppl not being able to tell them apart and dying bc the shiny hurts so much more etc etc and I get that, but isn't that kind of beneficial for everyone? People were buying/lf killers or needing to get enhanced gear which is good for gamigo....and also the economy.
    But I think the increased rate of them is all everyone wants as well ;o;

For farming shiny bosses would drop more than normal bosses so it kinda sucks now to have the old drop rate back because there are now like next to none shinies

• A 3 hour patch is on the way...

Chances are that this patch will contain more hotfixes to current existing issues that people have complained about and abused...or some adjustments to "premium" items and certain End-Game content that's been touchy feely that we've all complained about recently.

So Ladies and Germs...

If they do adjust the shine rate back to what it was...well, I really don't see how this is going to change things.

Watch...if they add em back in, they're only going to keep their exp value and splatter materials, enchantment gems, and maybe a card or two as well as pots of the tier below what we actually need...and scratch out those lovely extras we all so wanted/needed/adored...just to find them come from dungeons and instances...hey...wait...!

Dungeon bosses should drop t6 items for sure now! Make em cough up t6 scrolls, all 125 pots, Bijou Crystals, and very rarely...a charm.

That should give us all a reason to actually farm dungeons again :D;(:D

Oh wait...

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• I hope they do boost the shinies like it's just....I bet it seems like not many people care about it being nerfed/put back to what it was "meant" to be but ig SO MANY people are unhappy with it. Like so many, and it would be a shame for it to be ruined now because covid is still in effect people are still going to be staying inside but if they don't fix the rate people will just move on to other games. Again.

• I hope they do boost the shinies like it's just....I bet it seems like not many people care about it being nerfed/put back to what it was "meant" to be but ig SO MANY people are unhappy with it.

The wont change it again, it will stay how it is now. And thats a good Thing!

Too many Shiny Mobs would overflood the market over a long time

6 Months of Shinys are enough

giphy.gif

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush

• yep its enough for people to realize how bad the droprates in this game are and now that the only farmable way to get charms is also off the table people will realize that at a certain point u absolutely need charms to even compete in this game. awesome to see gamigos greed hasnt changed in those 10years i took off :)

it took them 6 months instead of hotfixing the issue. "better now than never" well no thats not how it works people came back to the game just because they saw they fixed droprates/exp/f2p aspects of the game and finally gave this game another chance just to be taken out.

also the market already seems kinda f***** with how expensive everything became and lets not talk about big guilds that already are capped in gems in their inventories/guild storages b4 they introduced the shine system. but lets just blame the shine mobs for that shall we? :D

cya guys maybe in 2030 when they introduce yet another great gameplay changer to the game just for them to patch it out in 6months ^^:thumbup:

• its not a gameplay changer, its a market destroyer, too many good droprates with shinys like this over years will simply destroy the economy

Its a good thing for a short while but not permanent

giphy.gif

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

M slimeblush