Skin Trade-in System

• Would you like to see a Skin Trade-in System at least similar to what I proposed? 67

1. Yes (63) 94%
    2. No (4) 6%

Greetings everyone,
    I would first like to begin by stating that this proposal is merely to give users a way of getting the skin they require through an in-game function based on how we already acquire skins-- not to make skins tradable.

What we have now: RNG based Rolls.
    Regular Lucky Box
    Weapon Specific Lucky Box
    Shield Lucky Box
    -----You get the skin you want, yay!

-----You get a skin you don't need? You can opt to keep it or take credit towards a free roll, most players opt to keep the unwanted skin.

The Proposal: Keep all of the above but have in game NPCs that can combine your unwanted skins into a skin you want (of that specific series--important) at a certain Ratio on that character based on their class. The ratio can be universal or perhaps lower for shields and one handed weapons, I would prefer the latter.
    ------
    Ex1. A player who plays the Trickster/Reaper class really wants Demon Bone claw skin so they roll-and-roll till they have a Wand, Two Handed Sword, Staff Skin, and Blade Skin from that series. They would be able to go to the NPC and pick out either Demon Bone Dual Swords or Demon Bone Claws at the cost of the 4 skins they previously obtained of that specific series.

Ex2. A player who plays the Fighter/Knight class really wants Demon Bone one hand skin so they roll-and-roll till they have a Wand, Mace, Staff Skin, and Blade Skin from that series. They would be able to go to the NPC and pick out either a Axe/two handed sword skin at the cost of 4 skins or one handed sword at the cost of the 2 skins they previously obtained of that specific series (similar to how arena 1h/shield requires half what a 2h weapon would for any class).

Ex3. A player who plays the Cleric/HolyKnight class really wants a Teva Cleric Shield so they roll-and-roll till they end up with a Fortune Fighter shield and a Blossom fighter shield from that lucky box series. They would be able to go to the NPC and pick out a Cleric shield from that same lucky box at the expense of the 2 skins they previously obtained.

Pros:
    -This would give the players more reassurance that they could get the skin they hope for (within that specific lucky box series that isn't weapon specific).

-This would be a deterrence for people who break T.O.S and buy/sell accounts

-buyers: as they would have a easier time getting the skin they want on their account.

-sellers: as they wouldn't get as many customers with people getting the skins they want+ with gold sink at maybe 4-5G(maybe?) they might not want to try to change their skins as much if its just simply to do away with the account.

Cons: It's debatable whether this will cause a loss of revenue for the company as people may be more enticed to try their luck but might get their required weapon with less effort/expense.

Notes: Throughout this proposal I've said "Of that series" meaning there is a limitation--You can't use a Nature's beauty/Phoenix/Criterion weapon to get a Demon Bone weapon or a Shield as they are different series--not to mention they're weapon specific boxes. This also ties into wanting more types of lucky boxes such as Fortune/Stargazer/Cold Hearted weapon Lucky boxes as well which is why I emphasized series-specific.
    ------Transmutation System could be a good name.

Feel free to add any thoughts/constructive criticism and vote whether you'd like to see something like this. I thought of this because I'm one of those people with several skins ill 99% likely never to use and whose characters don't have their required skins. I also know people who's inventories are riddled with skins but are done trying for the skin they wanted. Others who are just to scared to try their luck and steer clear altogether. So please comment/Vote, much love and thanks!

Addons: Make it a gold sink by having a fee to do this in game-- Credit: Neopolitan
    ----Make the gold sink 4-5G maybe? -Credit: Kayb

~OWA~

Isya: The Return Of Archangel

Tenyasha-Gladiator (Main) Capped

Sekiryuu-Gladiator Perm 135

I await the return of my Teva OGs from Jenira. There are no replacements.

Hakuryuu-Gladiator (Future 115 Perm)

Kairyuu-Reaper (Future 125 Perm)

Kenryuu-Spectre (Future 120 Perm)

Shiryuu-Wizard 105 Perm

Discord: Archangel#4542 -Vengeance Leader
    slimeemperorSupport My Skin Trade-in System Idea Here.slimeking

The post was edited 4 times, last by Archangel ().

• I like this idea, it's a lot more thought out than others I've seen proposed. Players would still spend quite a bit of money to get the unwanted skins, so I don't think Gamigo would lose out too much (but they obviously would lose some money as you stated). And I'm like you in that I have so many skins that I won't use ever. Maybe they could add some type of price for this in-game as well as an attempt at a gold sink.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

𝐍𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧 | 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐞 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

• I love the gold sink idea, great input!

~OWA~

Shiryuu-Wizard 105 Perm

• Why would you need 4 whole skins to make one new one? That's a really garbage conversion rate in my opinion, which is why I voted no. I'm not saying the idea on its own is bad, but asking for 4 different skins OF THE SAME TYPE to convert to one is a LOT of RNG and money for some people (folks unluckier than I, but still).

I'd be on board with this if it was 2 skins = 1 new one (of the same type IE 2 demon bones you don't want = 1 demon bone you do want) OR 4 of any kind of skin = 1 of the one you want specifically

• I like this i think! I have quit trying to get skins. Right now i need 7-10 skins on my accounts but i dont gonna spend any money on the lucky boxes.

Spended 100 usd on specific lucky box to get wand for my cc runner but got no skin. I quitted fiesta for 3 months after that. I know 100 usd is not alot for some ppl but for me it is! :(

I have 20% skins on my wizard, ranger, fighter have axe and 2 hand but not playing fighter same with trickster.

I really hope they gonna make the way to get a skin different in the future.

• Why would you need 4 whole skins to make one new one? That's a really garbage conversion rate in my opinion, which is why I voted no. I'm not saying the idea on its own is bad, but asking for 4 different skins OF THE SAME TYPE to convert to one is a LOT of RNG and money for some people (folks unluckier than I, but still).

I'd be on board with this if it was 2 skins = 1 new one (of the same type IE 2 demon bones you don't want = 1 demon bone you do want) OR 4 of any kind of skin = 1 of the one you want specifically

i agree with this, 2 of the same type, or 4 different, id be on board with

I understand this, my opinion I think-- Neopolitan's reply sums up perfectly. Neo said "Players would still spend quite a bit of money to get the unwanted skins, so I don't think Gamigo would lose out too much (but they obviously would lose some money as you stated)." The reason I said 4:1 and 2:1 for shield/1h weapons is because the company can't lose too much in revenue for the idea to be viable. The other limitations is to prevent any exploits and to keep the system as simple as possible. 4 sounds a bit much but if you're lucky enough-- with 29,000 sc you can get 4 skins on 10x demon bone. Still gotta keep that luck factor at play, can't make it too easy. Either way this conversion rate is still better than what we have now.

~OWA~

Shiryuu-Wizard 105 Perm

• Its a good Idea but i dont think it will come to the game...

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• I understand this, my opinion I think-- Neopolitan's reply sums up perfectly. Neo said "Players would still spend quite a bit of money to get the unwanted skins, so I don't think Gamigo would lose out too much (but they obviously would lose some money as you stated)." The reason I said 4:1 and 2:1 for shield/1h weapons is because the company can't lose too much in revenue for the idea to be viable. The other limitations is to prevent any exploits and to keep the system as simple as possible. 4 sounds a bit much but if you're lucky enough-- with 29,000 sc you can get 4 skins on 10x demon bone. Still gotta keep that luck factor at play, can't make it too easy. Either way this conversion rate is still better than what we have now.

This is fair reasoning.

I understand that Gamigo is running a business and if we want to keep Fiesta around we have to make tough compromises. Given that, I would probably use the skin conversion feature, especially when it comes to demon bone skins, even at 4:1 conversion. Especially because I have a friend who could really use some skins since we duo and I'm the lucky one with skins... Seems fair if it's just for demon bone.

So with that said, maybe 4:1 with demon bone, 2:1 with shield/sword, and 2:1 with rarer skins (criterion, nature's beauty, etc.)? Since those rare skins usually don't have bonus chances for weapon-specific (and for people who get a specific skin then decide they don't want it anymore, I've had that happen where I decide to remove a perm or outgrow the need for a skin by getting to lvl 100 and choosing the opposite weapon wielding class).

I've changed my vote to Yes. :)

• +1 for the idea.

Would be good as a lot of people want specific Demon Bone weapon skins which they have been unlucky at acquiring through the Lucky Box itself.
    And implementing an in-game currency for added Gold Sink in game would be heavily required so people don't just use bot/random accounts and trade in skins for profit (by selling their accounts).

Current Guild Master of OneWingedAngels Guild.
    Current Raid Leader of the Alliance.
    Current IQ: 203 (and counting!)
    -
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Add me on Discord and ask me anything Fiesta related:
    Rei#9999

• They used to do it for 5 skins of the same series, and the GMs would have to send a request to support to manually take our the unwanted skins for the desired one. There became a backlog since support only had so much time to address the side-requests.

We've had similar threads, albeit with a less detailed suggestion/system, on the forums as well and Kuroneko's discord response is pretty much what was always given. Whether or not those threads were ever forwarded I do not know.

I can say having a guaranteed way to obtain the desired skin would make the players that refuse to do lucky box, like myself, be more encouraged to actually put money into it. But it cannot be a ridiculous number of required skins, more than 5 I would not do it for sure. 4 I think is quite reasonable.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Heya,

Interesting idea. Unfortunately we will not be able to bring back the exchange system we use to have in place for NA version of Fiesta Online. This is due to the number of request coming in and flooding our support.

In regards to an automated trade system ingame, this will require time to implement if the idea gets approved.

Regards,

~[SGM]Kuroneko

• In regards to an automated trade system ingame, this will require time to implement if the idea gets approved.

Regards,

~[SGM]Kuroneko

This implies that you are forwarding the concept to your dev team, can you please confirm that you have sent it to them? These are just empty words otherwise and I'm sure we're all eager to confirm that it's seriously being considered.

Thanks!

• Kuroneko I honestly was not even aware that there was a trade-in available in the past (then again I was a child/adolescent who couldn't really invest into the game). This suggestion was made without that even in mind--I was primarily thinking about the Mount system, License system, Socket system, Dismantle system, and the Anvil system. I just simply took the essence of each of these systems and applied it to the skins--it would really benefit the community if it were to occur, I don't think there would be a issue waiting at all as long as it's done right. Please discuss it, hoping for good news.

~OWA~

Shiryuu-Wizard 105 Perm

• +1

I have done LB before and have been "generally" lucky compared to some peoples horror stories of it. That being said, I've only really tried for my main character. If this was a thing, I would definitely be more willing to try and get a skin for all my 7+ characters. i.e. more $ for gamigo. xD

The gold sink idea is also a good one. This might be a lot, but i'd even go as far as paying 4-5 Gems for the conversion.

• Kuroneko I honestly was not even aware that there was a trade-in available in the past (then again I was a child/adolescent who couldn't really invest into the game). This suggestion was made without that even in mind--I was primarily thinking about the Mount system, License system, Socket system, Dismantle system, and the Anvil system. I just simply took the essence of each of these systems and applied it to the skins--it would really benefit the community if it were to occur, I don't think there would be a issue waiting at all as long as it's done right. Please discuss it, hoping for good news.

I think they are referring to when you transfer weapon skins between characters/servers.
    I do believe they did once upon a time offer a 2 skin for 1 skin trade.
    Those were the good old days. :shibacry:

Current Guild Master of OneWingedAngels Guild.
    Current Raid Leader of the Alliance.
    Current IQ: 203 (and counting!)
    -
    xRei - Lvl 135 Warlock
    yRei - Lvl 135 Reaper
    zRei - Lvl 135 Gladiator
    -
    Add me on Discord and ask me anything Fiesta related:
    Rei#9999

• I think they are referring to when you transfer weapon skins between characters/servers.
    I do believe they did once upon a time offer a 2 skin for 1 skin trade.
    Those were the good old days. :shibacry:

They still do the transfer of skins between characters/servers but only that, a few buddies of mine got their skins from other servers not too long ago EZ. As you mentioned the gold sink and Kayb mentioned the 4-5G gold sink; I think a pro i should add to the original post is that this adds some deterrence to those account sellers if that gold sink was added but buyers too. Even just adding this system alone would keep those people from breaking the rules because they could have a easier time getting the skin they want on their account.

~OWA~

Shiryuu-Wizard 105 Perm

• +1 for the idea

I have 10 unused skins on one of my account and I still can't get the weapon skin that I need. It's so unfair because all of the character that I'm using don't have any skins on them while there are 10 useless skins laying in my prem inventory x.x