Wizard vs. Warlock at cap

• May I have some information on the differences between these 2 prestige classes? What content does each class specialize in?

I would like to know how much more damage a Wizard can do with Nova/Inferno compared to a Warlock since Warlocks have the higher damaging weapon. Are the upgrades for Nova/Inferno significant boosts? For example, Rangers have the higher damaging weapon with a slower attack speed and aim, but mages do not use attack speed. Their AoE ticks do not miss either.

Also, what are considered optimal builds for Wizards/Warlocks?

This is my first mage past 70+ so if there's any additional information about this class, please advise me on such.

• AOEs hold no value at cap - warlocks aoeing capability is more than enough.

Ultimately it comes down to do you want blink or sleep.

IMO warlocks are the better prestige but they are fairly balanced against one another.

Do you prefer wands or staffs?

• In a PvE setting, like Yawn said, the two are pretty interchangeable. Wizards get Meteor Summon as an extra AOE, but that's it. However if you PvP, then the Warlock will outshine the Wizard. I went with a warlock solely because I prefer wands and the skills (sleep and bird). They also have gotten treated much better than wizards in terms of the re-balance that was taking place.

Builds:

25 SPR & rest INT

25 SPR & 33 DEX & rest INT

33 DEX & rest INT

full INT

For builds, these are the ones I see the most. I think most are either full int or 25 spr rest int. I went with full int on my warlock. I fully SC my character when I play it, so I can make up for the lack of aim or crit. If you do not sc fully or that heavily, the 25 spr is good for that crit.

🌸𝑜𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒶🌸

𝐍𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧 | 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐞 | 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

• I think Warlock at cap atleast is better. Most bosses are single target and ur upgraded single target kills will do more dmg. Also pvp like the others said WL is way better.

• Hmm I'm learning a lot about locks. I always put my love into Wizards. By a lucky fluke a drunken me recently made 2 lvl 100 locks (forgot I had already done one) so I guess I have plenty to look forward to as I continue on. :D