A couple of questions

• Hi all, I'm relatively new here, just got my archer up to level 60.

From all the things I've been reading on the forums, it seems like things for every class (except glads and HK) are pretty rough at cap.

Just wanted to ask some questions at this stage:

1. Still deciding to go ranger or ss, is it possible for either ranger or ss to find a grinding party at level 120+ (without SC items)?

2. Is it possible for ranger or ss to solo farm at level 120+ (without SC items)?

3. I'm thinking about farming academy using multiple logins to level 30, what's the best farming path to do this? ie. what do I kill to be most efficient? Also does this work if your level gets too high?

4. Is it possible to buy inventory space from other players for in-game currency?

5. Weapon skins - once you get these and it runs out of durability, how do you 'repair' it? Do you have to spend more SC? Also, are these tradeable?

6. Is it faster to earn money by levelling up and selling high end gear or just farming academy?

Thanks in advance

• 1) There is no grinding after 100, really. It's all repeat quests. For kill quests, people will generally party anyone, but they fill pretty quickly and most use a higher level killer as well.

2) No one solo farms over 120 really, not even glads. After OLT (115) there aren't regular dungeon bosses like Zombie King/GGK/TK, instead it's all party-based instances.

3) Dark Passage 1 has a mob called Chief Secret Society Commander, that's the easiest/most efficient to grind using lower levels.

4) Only way to increase inventory space is though the Iron Case SC item. There is no tradeable version.

5) Can only repair a weapon skin using an SC item. These are also not tradeable.

6) At lower levels it's better faster to farm academy rewards, but if you properly gear up a character you can then farm dungeon bosses or instances.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Thanks Charizard for your responses.

Just thought of a few more questions that's been a bit of a concern:

1. I keep reading that archers and mages are useless at cap, like they can't participate in end game content. is this true? If so, what else is not useless in end game content apart from glad and HK? Keep in mind I plan to spend minimal to no SC

2. I see a lot of gear with stats in brackets, eg. STR+10 (+10) - does this mean it currently has +20 STR or +10? If it's +10, how do I make it +20?

3. With the academy farming, got a few more questions:

a) Where do I level the alts from level 1-10 to ensure I don't overshoot their levels and miss out on the money?

b) Once they get to level 20 they will need to class change. Which class is the fastest at that without any gear? Can they party up and class change together?

Thanks again.

• 1. I keep reading that archers and mages are useless at cap, like they can't participate in end game content. is this true? If so, what else is not useless in end game content apart from glad and HK? Keep in mind I plan to spend minimal to no SC

2. I see a lot of gear with stats in brackets, eg. STR+10 (+10) - does this mean it currently has +20 STR or +10? If it's +10, how do I make it +20?

3. With the academy farming, got a few more questions:

a) Where do I level the alts from level 1-10 to ensure I don't overshoot their levels and miss out on the money?

b) Once they get to level 20 they will need to class change. Which class is the fastest at that without any gear? Can they party up and class change together?

1. A glad is the best damage dealer at cap, a HK is the best support at cap and many people like 1 templar in parties/expos at cap for certain skill advantages, simple as that. I wouldn't say the other classes are useless but those 3 are definitely the preferred choices in PVE, you will definitely struggle with minimal to no SC though.

2. The stats not in brackets are stats guaranteed on the gear (a.k.a. fixed stats) and the stats in the brackets are added random stats, random stats have a cap and fixed stats are dependent on the name of the gear (not all gear has fixed stats).

And yes they stack with each other.

3. a) Just join an academy when you're level 1, you don't get rewarded for those levels but you can still join an academy.

b) Archer would be the fastest, you can not party for it, it auto-kicks you from any party if you're in one when you start the promo.

Currently leveling: Djarka.

Current activity: Semi-active.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Jumping Lord ().

• Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice so far, but I've tried the academy farming thing and it doesn't seem to work.

I partied my level 1 characters and brought them to places like Moonlight Tomb but when I killed enemies they would gain little or 0 experience.

I tried bringing them to Forest of Mist to kill level 11 phinos and they gain very very little experience. Towards the end they are not even gaining any experience at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Do they need to stand very close to the monster before I kill them? What level range do they gain experience at?

Or is it just my main is too high level (64) for them to party together?

Really stuck here and getting frustrated, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Academy farming for money works best when you have a much higher level character to take them to better plvl spots. You can also plvl by using your 64 character to fast track the lower lvl chars quests, which i've found to be much faster than grinding monsters for plvl if you don't have a 100+ char to do the job.

Legel --> Pagel

winkwink                              slimehehe                                 slimeghost                               slimesuperangry                            slimehaha                              queenlove

|Snowtigeres 102 Gaurd | Abysinian 100 Glad | Snowpantheress 98 Archer | Twisted 74 Trix | Snowleapardess 69 Mage | Alice_Bell 68 Crus |

db318293295e45992e203437133bf3c98b9d8f07.jpg

My Discord Server   My Art

Played Since 2008 RIP Outspark

• Academy farming for money works best when you have a much higher level character to take them to better plvl spots. You can also plvl by using your 64 character to fast track the lower lvl chars quests, which i've found to be much faster than grinding monsters for plvl if you don't have a 100+ char to do the job.

Thanks for the advice, seems like academy farming is not as easy as I thought.

Guess I'll have to level up to 100+ before I can start doing this - I can't see questing being as fast as plvl spots considering you have to run around and kill different things with low level characters without mounts

• True. The mount thing is certainly an issue! I don't tend to face that problem since I use 2 person mounts on all of my main characters, but it could also help to have the mounts you get from leveling vaults, or to stick to repeat quests! Most quests below level 60 are scroll based anyway meaning you don't need to return to the NPC to turn in, or my other favorite method is to collect as many quests for the same monster, or at least same map, as I can get, and then move on to the next one. Of course this is also without a 100+ lvl char. I gaurrantee grind plvling with a 100+ char will without a doubt be faster! Or even level 90! I find bring lower level characters along while working on quests in BR, they tend to passively level up quest fast just following my main char around as I work on leveling it.

Legel --> Pagel

winkwink                              slimehehe                                 slimeghost                               slimesuperangry                            slimehaha                              queenlove

|Snowtigeres 102 Gaurd | Abysinian 100 Glad | Snowpantheress 98 Archer | Twisted 74 Trix | Snowleapardess 69 Mage | Alice_Bell 68 Crus |

• Archer in General is a money maker.

Make Scrolls and Potions (make SP for yourself...trust me)

From Level 20 and on, you can literally KITE your gears from instances, and even farm yourself gears for your other characters.

I use my lvl 76 archer to P lvl my newbs on Burning Rock mobs, and I reach level 30 within an hour or less depending on my luck with shiny mobs.

Farming academies isn't exactly...kosher, but hey...make sure you give the academy you're farming notice...don't be one of those RUDE types.

Once you hit 51 on your archer, go to 60 abyss til you hit 70...skip CC if you so choose, because people sell runs mainly. VERY hard to find a party anymore...

70 - 80 is smooth sailing. I've leveled my archer with NO SC, unenhanced weapons, and NO EXP CARD though KKP and P lvl'n my newb toons.

80 - 93, you're going to have fun as an archer...EVERYONE will attempt to sell you DT and LN runs, have fun with that...just do your quests and repeats. Its fast as an archer.

94 - 100, brace yourself. Do your repeats, save quests til you hit 98. 99 - 108 is a breeze with all the available repeats. 108 - 110...KQ and Quests, for the love of GOD save ALL your quests once you hit 103. You will need them to get to 110. 110 onward is relatively smooth sailing.

Overall, have fun, enjoy the game for what its worth, and if you really wanna PVP, sharpshooter. PVM, Ranger.

Oh...and one more thing...free stats. Everyone's on the border here on what to do with Archers.

33/35/50 dex, 25 spr, rest to strength...

Stagger your free points. Use your job change free points rewards on SPR, stagger Dex and Str between levels.

Skill point placement...touchy feely.

I cooled all my "kiting" skills. Stat points on Cool Down, and Natures Mist, I beefed attack power as well.

There are guides out there that are updated semi-regularly on the forums, so check those out.

Gear for archer isn't that expensive here lately...but don't fall into the hype of paying 15 Gems for a +10 failed piece of equipment. Shop Around, and focus on STR END DEX gears...incorporate some SPR on your gears, and not just the jewelry either.

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

^^Play Fiesta from a USB Stick or Memory Card! Click Here for more info!^^

8)Gold Sink Idea - Benefits EVERYONE - Click Here8)

supernatural-mouths-open.gif

• I used to do CC runs free on my one archer but now she leveled out so I need to level up my mage or something, granted I can solo up to the top floor already and she's only 69, but the top floor takes too long. I need more DMG.

Legel --> Pagel

• Wow, thanks for the guide, very useful, especially the levels where I need to start saving quests - no newbie will ever know about this.

A few questions though:

- You mentioned that you can solo run instances for gears, is that possible with greens and +3 gears? (without taking like 2 hrs per run)

- At what levels do I start investing heavily into more than just +3 weapons?

- I was thinking of making my first big spend on a +5 mount for 280 speed, is that a good idea or should i spend money on gears first instead? I feel that a 280 speed mount would be the best value for money given the amount of time it saves.

- I'm leaning towards going ss but my concern is power shot will have a knockback effect for ss, can you turn that off somehow? I imagine it would be very annoying in a party....can you even get parties at high levels as a ss? Or are you doomed to solo for life?

• If you want the full speed mount, it only needs to be +3. +4 adds a self buff of +30 to your stats, +5 makes it a party buff. The hp/sp regen goes up every +.

There is no turning off the knockback, you just have to learn when to use it and when not to. It does help when by yourself. Majority of bosses are immune to it, so it really isn't much of a bother in a party setting.

Most people will party any class, but parties fill up fast with killers and alts.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

• ChocolateCake

Hi,

Like mentioned earlier +4/5 mounts are the same except the +30 stats is for the entire party with a +5. So if you mostly play solo and want to save some money for eventual gear, I'd suggest going for a mount +4 (which is way more useful than a +3 in my opinion because of the health/sp regen)

Good luck!

~ Isya ~

Asmon | lvl 65 | Paladin

Asmoras | lvl 70 | Warrior

Asmodan | lvl 105 | Wizard

"All suffering in the world is born from an individual's incompetence."

• Also if you do intend to use the character for plvling other ones, it's best to have a 2 person mount!

Legel --> Pagel

• ChocolateCake

Everyone is giving you good ideas...however, be careful with 2-seater mounts...your Plvl-ee will be pulling aggro, and unless you're capable of slapping everything around and pulling 100% of the aggro...not a good idea.

As far as Instances go...Yes, it's possible. I have used unenhanced weapons on my archer since 50. Prior to that I was given a +9 20 crossbow and a +10 30 crossbow. But leveling is superior in the early phases of the game, so having an enhanced weapon isn't really required on an archer...it just makes things smoother.

Enhanced gear ~ entirely up to you. I really dont enhance because frankly...at Tier 3 - 5...success rates are absolute trash and players globally can contest to this. Enhancing is an "at your own risk" thing. While the cash shop items protect your item from downgrading and blowing up...the chances of getting it to +10/12 are relatively NOT in your favor. You will need about 5 bundles to enhance a weapon to 10/11/12, and possibly 3-6 per piece of equipment to get it to 10, and 3 or 4 to get jewelry to +9. Note: This is based off my personal experience, and the horror stories placed on these forums for MANY years.

Having a +4/5 mount is crucial in the game today to save yourself HP/SP stones and potions, as well as getting to where you want to go faster. Invest in it when mounts go on sale at 3850 each...seems to happen every other week here lately.

Investing in +'d weapons is a choice, not a requirement for an archer...at least not until 90/91/105. Most of the lower level weapons are over priced currently thanks to our economy being revolved around 120-135 equipment and SC gifting sales...plus the costs of Hammer of Bijou's.

Currently my archer is 76, in full +0 75 Blue armor, 76 green hat, and level 60 Orange Jewels, with a 70 +0 Blue Bow.

My gear has relatively Good - Excellent Stats, and my free points are hybrid as I mentioned earlier above.

I do moderately well in Solo'n dungeons of my level, or bringing a cleric along with me in case I get stunned and take a severe beating or worse...a dirt nap. :D;(:D

If you really want to be a strong P lvl'n type ~ invest in a mage.

Mage gear is expensive, but very worth it, and resells rather quickly at or more near the same price you paid for it.

Enhanced Gears and Weapons on a mage level 60+ are crucial for the hard hitting damage, and skill point placement should focus on your AoE's. Cooldown on Nova and Inferno is an absolute must. Depending on your prestige, well...you'll have to see. ^_^

Any more questions, feel free to ask me through private message, or here on your thread.

Good Luck :D

~ :evil:Quite possibly one of the most Outspoken & Disliked Forum Dwellers to Date:evil:~

• Or can get one of each and stack the buffs XD but if saving money is the key then yeah +4 solo is find and in fact when in party chances are others might have +5 mount so their +5 will stack with your +4 mount.

Also Lucky House blue capsules give krab mount so they can keep doing that as well. The C rank card collection prize for 97 cards is also a perm mount.

• I solo leveled my archer with all +0 equipment and weapons before enhancing my 90 tbk bow, and that was 9 years ago. Leveling has any gotten easier so yeah, no need to spend money on enhancing. You could even get to 105 no problem nowadays most likely, just have to learn how to kite well. I wouldn't invest in enhanced gear/jewels unless it's for a level you plan on perming at for a long time and farming with. Otherwise it's harder to get a return on investment for gear than wep.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

• I solo leveled my archer with all +0 equipment and weapons before enhancing my 90 tbk bow, and that was 9 years ago. Leveling has any gotten easier so yeah, no need to spend money on enhancing. You could even get to 105 no problem nowadays most likely, just have to learn how to kite well. I wouldn't invest in enhanced gear/jewels unless it's for a level you plan on perming at for a long time and farming with. Otherwise it's harder to get a return on investment for gear than wep.

While somewhat true, not always the case.

Unless you're friends with some high level players or are "liked" by your academy/guild...you will find yourself in situations where you're stuck relying on KQ's and Repeats to level. Don't let that discourage you though...this community has changed A LOT since the war for Raid Boss stuff hasn't really been fought over...but there is still some drama that revolves around it.

Dont be a push-over either...be positive, but stay neutral.

• Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

It seems incredibly hard to earn money or level without spending loads of time on this game, seriously considering dropping like $10-20 selling SC items just to get some G to buy that +4 mount (although everyone's selling +5 these days and prices are pretty much the same). Riding on that donkey will take me forever to level up, between getting buffed in town and riding to the area i want to grind will take off 3-4 minutes off the buff already, not to mention all the moving around to find different monsters for quests. I do 2 repeatables and my buff's gone already. Work is so busy so don't really have much time to play this game, like 1-2 hrs a day.

Also, once you start using these +5 mounts, does it bind to your character? Can I trade it to one of my alts later on?

What's the best SC item to gift to get quick in-game money fast? Do I have to vend it or find a purchase store or shout for a buyer?

PS: Charizard thanks for the insight on ss btw, I think u may have convinced me.