Unbalanced quests

• Seryn Beside the quests and reward, please also look into the repeatable quests monster spot, like Lv112 and Lv121 Shella repeat quest that only have One location and is always taken, other player have no where to run the quest, not to mentioned those lvl range have no other repeatable quest. Rework repeatable drop quests to kill quest, I felt so lonely to gather woods/mushrooms with all afkers that don't talk, don't move, in a MMORPG game. Or I actually mistaken this game is multiple player game.

• Jewel trees are fine all classes can kill them. The diamond tree is supposed to be a party mob and is fine how it is and can be killed by the levels the quest is for if in a party that can work together.

The Fire Ruby Guardian, also a party mob, it is meant to be taken down in a party and is possible for people of that level range of the quest. Really you just need 1 archer....

The Geodude... -er Rockstone can also be killed with a party of level questers, just most people get a higher level killers, which in all honesty is no different than people who get higher level characters to kill for them at shellas, neps, shella/beaks, wrenches and so on. Just because no one does it without a killer does not mean it is not possible.

Don't make these specific party/mini boss mobs easier just because people are lazy.

• Back when 1-110 was an accomplishment when u had to do the Mimic rep and the old BB rep i think it was 200 for 3m exp without auto turn in.

• The Fire Ruby Guardian, also a party mob, it is meant to be taken down in a party and is possible for people of that level range of the quest. Really you just need 1 archer....

Although it is true, it takes WAY too long. Also, one of the two quests hardly drops. It took me 2 hours with a 110 char.

• Okay. It is supposed to be one of those harder quests? I don't see the problem. The exp killed from killing the stronger mob back in the day was worth it.

Just do other quests if don't want to worry about that one. The levels are balanced and not every quest should be a walk in the park. If it was a quest for a level that was the only way to effectively level (without grinding or KQ) then I would say that level's quests needed to be looked at, but it just is not a worry. The game is fairly balanced in terms of leveling until about 115 then it starts to become an act of min/maxing to level efficiently.

• Being able to kite mobs does not make a mob balanced.

For a time raid bosses were kite-able without being charmed but this was considered an exploit and changed so raid bosses couldn't be kited forever.

If Rockstone or diamond tree or flame ruby guardian 1 shots someone between level 85-95 who has ALL pieces of appropriately leveled gear (even if unenhanced or +3) or/and can take 10+ minutes to kill it once then it's a balance issue.

Saying "If a mage or archer can do it then it's balanced" is the same as saying "If a gladiator can do it then it's balanced".

Currently playing: The_Jumping_Lord.

Current activity: Very inactive.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Jumping Lord ().

• level 121 at the moment and the repeat you have to do 4 times for 1%. I look at anyone higher than me and wonder how the heck did they do it because i really dont feel like collecting 20 drops for that pitiful exp lol

Yet the quest on the levels before gave 1% for 30 kills

Pagel Server

Riku | Cloudcutter | ToxicRain | Confianza | Vengefulsin | Artorius

DoomedRevival | JigokuShoujo | Jynxy | MisterJay | _HarleyQuinn_

• Hello all, yes these are being looked at. :)

A clear example of an unbalanced quest is the 'Prior Block 2' It's a level 84 quest to kill the Fire Golem in Cave of Fever. He hit me for over 6k which resulted in a oneshot. He has tons of health. And the quest to kill him only give 300k xp? That's the amount of xp I got for an average quest at level 40.

There is tons more quests like this with xp rates that don't make any sense in comparison to the quest difficulty.

I really think you should take the time to go through all the quests.

• only give 300k xp? That's the amount of xp I got for an average quest at level 40.

You get 10-30k XP from lvl 40 Quests

Thats the "Prior Block" quest row at the end is a rep Quest with 258k XP for the Fire Golem.

yybPPdy.png

But you dont have to do it? Do other Quests...why are you complaining about this?

There are reps for 120 to 124 where you get only 25mil XP but other Quests and reps in that level give 50-150mil XP but no one is forcing you to do the bad reps or Quests...

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• "Just ignore the quest" is the dumbest take on an issue. I brought it up because it's clearly broken. How is a very difficult quest that takes multiple well geared and buffed up people to complete and only gives 1/5th of the xp of other quests at that level good?

• Just because there are other quests doesn't mean it is not an issue. Every quest should be viable for a party of the starting level of the quest to do without outside help, as well as having a reward that reflects the difficulty of the quest relative to other quests in that level range.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

• Theres the Problem. The Quests get abused if they give too many XP for things like that. Lets say the quest would give 3mil. they would get a killer and absue the Quest cuz its too fast and ppl like you complained about too low XP rates for this Quest

giphy.gif

135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 135 | 120 | 115 | 115 | 115 | 110 | 105 |100
    Gladi | Gladi | Waldi | Zaubi | HK | Kreuzi | Wächter | SS | Hexi | Wächter | Gladi | Ordi | Hexi | Luna | SS

Iyzel

SS
    Isya

• Theres the Problem. The Quests get abused if they give too many XP for things like that. Lets say the quest would give 3mil. they would get a killer and absue the Quest cuz its too fast and ppl like you complained about too low XP rates for this Quest

I agree, I think any quest where you need a single boss kill should be balanced (both in exp and difficulty) and be in a level locked map to prevent it just being killed by a capped player (or just not be a repeat, yield high exp but only once).

Repeats shouldn't be the best way to level in my opinion anyways but to each their own.

• That would not be balance. Balance is making a boss doable with player of the appropriate level and making it give more experience than basic quests of said level. Balance does not mean give it 20 times the experience and make it repeatable.

Amikiir

SharpShooter

Epith

Live by the Bow, Die by the Bow

I took that quest as an example. It's just one of many. Take the dungeon quests for example. The dungeon mobs you have to kill hit twice as hard and have 4 times as much hp (roughly) but the quests gives the same amount of xp as your regular repeat quests, essentially rendering them useless.

I just want more variety in my questing and leveling experience. I dislike how the most reliable way of leveling is to spam the repeat quests over and over and just ignore 90% of the other quests because they're literally not worth the extra time it takes. But who knows, maybe that's exactly how Gamigo wants it to be. If not, I think they should look over the quests again and fine tune either the difficulty of the quests or the amount of XP you get from them.

• I took that quest as an example. It's just one of many. Take the dungeon quests for example. The dungeon mobs you have to kill hit twice as hard and have 4 times as much hp (roughly) but the quests gives the same amount of xp as your regular repeat quests, essentially rendering them useless.

I just want more variety in my questing and leveling experience. I dislike how the most reliable way of leveling is to spam the repeat quests over and over and just ignore 90% of the other quests because they're literally not worth the extra time it takes. But who knows, maybe that's exactly how Gamigo wants it to be. If not, I think they should look over the quests again and fine tune either the difficulty of the quests or the amount of XP you get from them.

i want to like this but i don't know how, and i can't find any tools on your wall for that.

i typically do quests according to the kinds of rewards they provide. if a particular repeat has any value or use to the the community, i stock up.

• I don't really think people are getting that lowering Rock stone quest difficulty (which needs 1 kill) is not balance. Or diamond trees or ruby guardian (though granted drop quests always suck, so maybe they should increase the drop rate on those?

But making these quests LESS difficult defeats the purpose of them being in there. You can kill them as a party if people work together. Can stun effectively or have an archer kite it while others attack plus other tactics. I like the diversity it offers. Telling me that no mobs are meant to be killed by mostly archers is balance is part of why people think archers suck and don't want them for anything. There should be instances where having someone of a certain class in your party pays off, not just a fighter, cleric and mage.

Increasing the exp for the single turn in quests (so non repeatable) difficult quests I am okay with, but not lowering the difficulty.

But do not increase the repeat difficult quests exp like rock stone as that would become near abusive. I remember killing rock stone in +3 greens.... took forever but I did it as cleric.

• I remember killing rock stone in +3 greens.... took forever but I did it as cleric.

I was talking about level 85-95 players that actually need/are in the level range of rock stone, of course if you're a level 135 cleric in +3 greens you can survive rock stone.

What I consider "balance" isn't making things "easy" but "do-able by every class properly geared with little to no SC" if something is only do-able with 2 classes out of the 6 unless you're SCed out the wazoo then in my opinion that would be IMBALANCE.

Classes (aside from crusaders) are meant to specialize in certain aspects this would but simplistic but, a fighter in tanking, a mage in magic damage, an archer in ranged physical damage, a cleric in healing and support, a trickster in close ranged physical damage, and a crusader is meant to be decent at all of the above.

If a fighter in proper gear with a party can't tank it then that's imbalance. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Not that I see many archers or mages killing rock stone solo or in a party without a killer anyways...but yeah I agree it shouldn't be a repeat, there should be better options anyways, just trying to make a point.